New Dungeon Lords screenshots

mkreku

Wizards and Warriors was a rotting log when it came to bugs. But at least the clunkiness is gone. I found DL quite intuative even for someone who spends most of the time with a gamepad these days.

That's what scares me. Wizards & warriors was a buggy piece of junk. I hope DL is not the same.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

The demo is actually a repacked version of the press demo that was released in the summer of 2004. The finished game will have a lot more functions and I am willing to bet my left ball that most of the bugs found in the demo are gone when the full game is released. After all, Dungeon Lords has been delayed a bundle of times already. They have to have spent that time on something, and the bugs seem most logical.

Another thing that's in the demo but not in the full game are all the loot and spells/scrolls you get. They were put in so that players would have a chance to try out a lot of things in a limited playing space.

Tip: If you still have the demo installed, try backflipping over the mountain that surrounds the playing area in the demo. In one of the lower spots it's possible to get over and it turns out they actually included a lot of land into the demo, but cut it off using that mountain. It's looking really good outside!

There are lots of these tips on the Dungon Lords forum: http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/...isplay.php?f=39

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 1 month later...
Well let's just hope  it's better than the Demo :huh:

Are you gonna review it? :wub:

Well, this is one of those games where instead of hoping to get a review copy (but not being sure) I've pre-ordered it instead. If I also get a review copy, then I'll review it. If not, then it'll be reviewed by one of our other reviewers (and I'll be doing the Second Opinion thingie).

Ps. I watched the intro movie. Kind of cool, with two mages blowing the hell out of each other and the surroundings using magic spells. But does it have anything to do with the game?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't know what to think of that cinematic. It's a nice flashy bit of animation in itself but the demo didn't reveal any hint of a story (which DWB kept emphasising) and that trailer didn't really set up any story, either.

Guess I'll have to see when I play it. :huh:

Music good, graphics ok, combat = hack n slash. And, if it's like the Wizardry series (other than Rt combat as opposed to TB) it belongs in the 80s and 90s as Wizardry was not a real RPG but more like a party based adventure game where you level up and explore.

I might buy it when its cheaper. Might.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.