New Dungeon Lords screenshots

mkreku

It's not just about the battles though, as magic spells and hundreds of powerful weapons and artefacts play a huge role in the game.

another brainless hack n slash to the bunch <_<

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

another brainless hack n slash to the bunch  <_<

So you played it already? Or can you spell prejudice?

If you can't come up with anything constructive to write: don't write at all.

That's a general tip for all you whiners and crybabies out there. If I start a thread about a particular game that I am interested in, I'm not interested in hearing people not interested in the game telling me how braindead and bad it is. Especially since noone has played it yet.

By the way, isn't it fun to see people call games "brainless" to make themselves look smart? It never works, but it's a cute newbie mistake.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

but seriously, after the "its not just about the battles" there should have been a "involving deep story" not just "and theres loads of 1337 sh*t to kill stuff with!!"

its a telltale sign of a horrid action-rpg if the devs are just writing about how many nifty new spells and magical items you can have.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, its a telltale sign of a horrid action-rpg if the dev is claiming that all his past successes were crap and that they were made only because of the technological limitations of the time, and that this is his ultimate RPG *BECAUSE* it has live-action TOTALLY IMMERSIVE action combat. It's *the* combat RPG of 2004.

You don't hype a RPG with virtually solely its battle system, which is what being done here, you hype it with the CORE of the gameplay.

Not to say that action-based combat wouldn't be fun in coop, I just don't think I'd pay this title any attention unless it turns to be have really exceptional combat AND really exceptional everything else.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Gosh, I wish I was as elite and cool as the CRPG purists of the world. Then I too could heist my nose in the air, and pretend I was so much better than anyone else because only I have the knowledge of what is good and holy and fun in the CRPG universe, amen.

:-

Gosh, I wish I was as elite and cool as the CRPG purists of the world.  Then I too could heist my nose in the air, and pretend I was so much better than anyone else because only I have the knowledge of what is good and holy and fun in the CRPG universe, amen.

:-

I love you, ~Di!

Anyhow, I found another preview, this one a little more personal than the rather boring Gamespot one:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/582/582322p1.html?ui=watch

Note this (from one who has actually played the beta-version):

"One of these developers is Heuristic Park, lead by industry veteran D.W. Bradley, which most people will remember from his work on a few of the Wizardry games. Their next game, Dungeon Lords, is an effort to bring RPGs back to the deep adventure bound stories that RPG fans enjoy so much."

Of course, it is still an action-RPG, but it sounds awfully close to Gothic-style action, and that's fine by me.

Gosh, I wish I was as elite and cool as the CRPG purists of the world.  Then I too could heist my nose in the air, and pretend I was so much better than anyone else because only I have the knowledge of what is good and holy and fun in the CRPG universe, amen.

:(

some folks are just "world experienced" and therefore are capable of judging for the rest of us! :)

i will buy this one, btw... i like gothic 2 and the look from the screens gives me the same feel (gothic, btw, is how ultima 9 should have been...) of course, i also DL'd the half-life 2 demo last night. haven't played yet, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new gameplay movies from Dungeon Lords have surfaced:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8294.shtml

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8295.shtml (Does not seem to work right now)

I have not yet seen them myself, as I am currently downloading them.

The game looks to be turning into a real-time clickfest. I'm saving my money for something requiring less.. dexterity.  I'm waiting to see if (potential) demos surprise me.

Yes, it is real-time and not turn based. Doesn't mean it will have to be a "clickfest" though. Personally, I am hoping it will be more along the lines of Gothic or perhaps Blade of Darkness.

The game looks to be turning into a real-time clickfest. I'm saving my money for something requiring less.. dexterity.  I'm waiting to see if (potential) demos surprise me.

Yes, it is real-time and not turn based. Doesn't mean it will have to be a "clickfest" though. Personally, I am hoping it will be more along the lines of Gothic or perhaps Blade of Darkness.

If it's anything like Gothic, then I might get it. Getting burned recently on cheap promises from devs have made me a little more prudent. I'll probably wait six months minimum before I decide to buy another "innovative breakthrough", D. W. Bradley or not.

D.W. Bradley: Dungeon Lords is the first game to combine a deep 3D RPG with real-time arcade-style fighting action...

I will pass thank you.

Note: I say this after I played Shenmue II and have nothing against "action" RPGs .., I am having a verygood time with Seal of Evil despite its awful voice acting and occasional script typos.

drakron.png

• 1 month later...

Mkreku, you really seem to have high hopes for this game. Why?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have high hopes, I only wanted to know our swedish friend's reasons for his excitement. I'm just interested, you know.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought I saw mention of co-op play that excited him. Anyway he can answer it best.

Anyone know when

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson