What rough beast?

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6681795.stm

Yet another story of a bunch of disaffected dingbats. Look like Mau Mau revivalists. Black magic and female genital mutilation. I'm starting to feel like everything is coming apart, as the civilised world worries more about its hair and b list celebrities than the fact that we're facing a decade of increasing overpopulation and economic instability, coupled to regressive ignorance and superstition. Is anyone else scared? Can we club together to buy a cabin somewhere and nail large pieces of crooked wood up against the doors and windows?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Police are also investigating reports that the sect has extended its criminal activities to kidnapping and extortion.

Last week, security forces were placed on high alert following the distribution of leaflets allegedly authored by the sect leaders asking the youth to join the banned sect in readiness for an uprising against the government.

It's just a disaffected bunch of amoral utilitarians trying to invert the political landscape, leaving themselves up higher.

I'm up for the boarding-windows-with-crooked-wood idea, though. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Police are also investigating reports that the sect has extended its criminal activities to kidnapping and extortion.

Last week, security forces were placed on high alert following the distribution of leaflets allegedly authored by the sect leaders asking the youth to join the banned sect in readiness for an uprising against the government.

It's just a disaffected bunch of amoral utilitarians trying to invert the political landscape, leaving themselves up higher.

So you'r saying that the business of axes etc is just their way of 'getting a head'?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yet another story of a bunch of disaffected dingbats. Look like Mau Mau revivalists. Black magic and female genital mutilation. I'm starting to feel like everything is coming apart, as the civilised world worries more about its hair and b list celebrities than the fact that we're facing a decade of increasing overpopulation and economic instability, coupled to regressive ignorance and superstition. Is anyone else scared? Can we club together to buy a cabin somewhere and nail large pieces of crooked wood up against the doors and windows?

Walsh, you are finally getting it. Why do you think that I am a tad isolationistic? When I was younger and a bit more idealistic I thought I could help turn the tide of the coming chaos but I couldn't. No one can. Only thing that can happen is the world to tear itself apart and if mankind survives the rendering I hope the survivors learn from the mistakes we, as a civilization, have made.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I guess this is how Romulus Augustulus must have felt as he watched the Visigoths mount the last seige of Rome.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So you'r saying that the business of axes etc is just their way of 'getting a head'?

I love this joke.

Oh yeah, and Yeats FTW!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Walsh, you are finally getting it. Why do you think that I am a tad isolationistic? When I was younger and a bit more idealistic I thought I could help turn the tide of the coming chaos but I couldn't. No one can. Only thing that can happen is the world to tear itself apart and if mankind survives the rendering I hope the survivors learn from the mistakes we, as a civilization, have made.

I presume this was intentionally hilarious? I was merely venting the cowardly urge. A good night's sleep* and any Englishman worth his salt grips the corners of his outrageous moustache and sets his face against danger. I'm not seriously suggesting we quit. This the precise time when we can least afford to be selfish.

*For a value of good that includes being woken at hourly intervals by rats

-Elwood Blues

Setting your face against danger will get it kicked in. Repeatedly. By a steel toed boot.

Have fun.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

No, face kicking and no, it is not good.

A good night's sleep* and any Englishman worth his salt grips the corners of his outrageous moustache and sets his face against danger.

*For a value of good that includes being woken at hourly intervals by rats

Haha! :thumbsup:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Setting your face against danger will get it kicked in. Repeatedly. By a steel toed boot.

Have fun.

One of the things you may have noted about me is my keen interest in being able to stand up for goodness without getting kicked in the face. I believe it was Field Marshal Montgomery who said "The profession of arms is a life study on making sure the other fellow gets the boot in the conk."

-Elwood Blues

Boots in the face do kinda hurt. But spiked heels are even worse. :thumbsup:

... Even if you alone can't change the "world", you can change things closer to home, and that's where it all starts. If we try and fall and pick ourselves up again to try some more, maybe the chance anything will change is really small, but if we don't, there's no chance at all.

And if I keep talking like this, no one will believe I'm actually a big cynic.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sand, a true advocate of Fallout LARP'in.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Conk = head or jewel satchel?

To be prefectly honest I don't know. I picked up the word from an older generation. You decide.

-Elwood Blues