Another "best game" listing

...any "Greatest PC games" list that has Planescape: Torment listed as sixty-f*cking-first be made by morons, period...these peoples need ta be drug outta theys holes, shot wit' balls o' theys own shyte, an' pissed on fer good measure... :woot:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

You are a very strange person. Or rather, your definition of "best" ("personal best" / "favourite") is very strange.

Why? Because I don't equate the concepts of "best" and "favorite"?

*is confused*

Yes ...

I don't know. I am (was) a pretty big fan of Morrowind. Spent A LOT of time with it. But however much I enjoy it; it is still broken. Maybe its a top 50 game, but I can't see it any higher than that. Maybe not even that high.

Deus Ex is much more worthy of praise than MW ever will be. ... I would still at this point rather play MW than Deus Ex if I had to choose.

So Deus Ex is a better game, but you would rather play Morrowind? *is confused*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You are a very strange person. Or rather, your definition of "best" ("personal best" / "favourite") is very strange.

*is confused*

Yes ...

I don't know. I am (was) a pretty big fan of Morrowind. Spent A LOT of time with it. But however much I enjoy it; it is still broken. Maybe its a top 50 game, but I can't see it any higher than that. Maybe not even that high.

Deus Ex is much more worthy of praise than MW ever will be. ... I would still at this point rather play MW than Deus Ex if I had to choose.

Everyone knows Morrowind is a better game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

*is confused*

Yes ...

Godzilla vs the Smog Monster is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time. I will watch it ahead of most other movies that have ever been made. I cannot however in all good conscience place it in a best movie list of all time. If I did (and was serious) I would expect to be laughed out of the building. To me that seems an obvious distinction between favorite and best.

I enjoy Morrowind more than I do Deus Ex, but Deus Ex is the (far) better game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I played Deus Ex, beat it, and enjoyed the multiple endings. I have no desire to play it again.

I've never beaten Morrowind, but I've started new games a dozen times.

I think Crashgirl is pointing out the difference between quality and playability.

Godzilla versus the Smog Monster is a brilliant movie.

OK. You can be my friend. :thumbsup:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Any "best PC games" list that has Grand Theft Auto but omits Planescape: Torment from it's top 20 is a steaming pile of sh... stuff.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't like that there are 7 FPS in the top 10.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The list like any other is irrelivant, pointless, opinionated subjective crap.

I think you made a wrong turn and somehow ended up on the internet. :bat:

The list like any other is irrelivant, pointless, opinionated subjective crap.

I think you made a wrong turn and somehow ended up on the internet. :shifty:

Probably, but then again... I'm tired and stressed, venting about the STUPID list made me feel better.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Yeah, stupid list!

(Except for putting Deus Ex in first place. That was v. correct and displays a sublime grasp of the multifareous nuances and gross requirements of the game as an art form and expression of entertainment in a joyous symphony of excellence.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How can Half-Life 2 be ranked higher than Half-Life? And why isn't Half-Life #1? I'm not even a FPS fan, but I acknowledge that the game was the biggest thing that's happened in my lifetime of gaming. My first mods ever tried were from the community of Half-Life, way before NWN came out and modding became mainstream.

And yes, Oblivion sucks! and I even liked Morrowind to a degree.

also, nice to see BG2 get a little love :o

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I don't like that there are 7 FPS in the top 10.

Despite liking many of the title choices on the list, that's something that annoys me as well - even if some of them are good/influential games.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

(Except for putting Deus Ex in first place. That was v. correct and displays a sublime grasp of the multifareous nuances and gross requirements of the game as an art form and expression of entertainment in a joyous symphony of excellence.)

What hellish fansite did you copy that pretentios wank from? :ermm:

awesome wank isn't censored!

because 90% of Americans don't even know what it means :lol:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

What hellish fansite did you copy that pretentios wank from? :thumbsup:

I am offended by your suggestion that I would copy my writing from any source.

The last list we commiserated over had Xcom at the top spot, which I think is more fitting than Deus Ex.

X-com is garbage, so nyah.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT