Riddick set to make a comeback

ComputerAndVideogames reports that a new Riddick game is coming but it's just an extension of the first game:

Riddick redux is go!

Dark Athena shivs up 360 and PS3

A next gen redux of the splendid Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is underway with developers Starbreeze finally confirming Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena which is due to debut on Xbox 360 and PS3 before the end of this year.

Dark Athena will be more than a simple port of the original game though, which went great guns in its original Xbox incarnation and really put Starbreeze on the development map. Dark Athena will apparently boast an additional 40 per cent single-player content set on board the scavenger ship Dark Athena. What that means we can only guess, but it certainly sounds intriguing and it looks like some kind of assault will be in order.

However, word is one of the main attractions of Dark Athena will be a superb multiplayer mode, with visceral hand-to-hand combat and shiny shiv action featuring heavily if it follows the course of the original game.

More details to follow soon, but what would you want from a next-gen Riddick.

Definitely not a rehash. Oh well.

I thought Pitch black and The Chronicals were both entertaining. But i was entertained more by the game. Excellent game, i was very surprised. They had a great engine and gameplay, the story was decent too. if i hear similar things about it I'll get the new game too.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yeah, I enjoyed the movies and was always a bit surprised by all the trash talk concerning Chronicles. I can see why the mainstream media didn't dig the whole necro theme, but I was surprised how the geek community seemed to reject it. It was kinda Warhammer 40K-esque.

I never played Butcher's Bay, so I just might pick this up.

people didn't like Chronicles because it was basically a total of three scenes with a story so short you could use it as a pogo stick.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Chronicles cut major storyline parts from the theatrical release.

My main problem with it was the bad guy was an incredibly tough sell. He wore ****ing plate armor and they tried to play him off as agile when he could barely move his arms.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Butcher Bay even though it was so short. The combat/shooting/stealth/hand-to-hand is better implemented than anything else out there. The game's action sequences make most others seem like generic pieces of crap by comparison.

Starbreeze is my new favorite developer.

Good news, everyone! Butcher Bay is easily Vin Diesel's greatest hits. Can't believe that goofball auditioned for Aragorn. Still, can't blame a guy for trying.

Also, Starbreeze'll have The Darkness out in little over a month, which looks promising also.

I've still got the game sitting on my shelf ... I think I'll wait until my new PC, so that I get all the goodness of the lighting. :(

It's really worth it if you can ignore the somewhat bare bones story and offbeat presentation. There's some similarities with Omikron: The Nomad Soul and even Call of Cthulhu, in that it tries to combine some genre conventions - adventure, action, stealth - into a single experience.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19754&type=wmv

I don't know if this is a real next-gen Riddick, but some people may be interested in this video.

I'm pretty sure Pirates of the Carribean is not a real next-gen Riddick.

I'm pretty sure Pirates of the Carribean is not a real next-gen Riddick.

The goofy PotC title / header aside, the video itself seems pretty good, seeing as info on the PS3 / 360 Riddick is so sparse, at this point. I couldn't tell whether the gameplay clips sprinkled in with the dev interview were from the remake or the original Butcher Bay, though.

I hope Starbreeze will start making "real" games on their own IP soon instead of spitting out technicly good games on bad franchises. Its a Swedish dev thing, I think.

swedish rumour: DiCE are working on a singleplayer shooter that is NOT part of the Battlefield franchise! :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

swedish rumour: DiCE are working on a singleplayer shooter that is NOT part of the Battlefield franchise! :woot:

What in the name of Zombie Jesus? Next thing you know, Infinity Ward will be making something that's not a World War II shooter!

swedish rumour: DiCE are working on a singleplayer shooter that is NOT part of the Battlefield franchise! :)

What in the name of Zombie Jesus? Next thing you know, Infinity Ward will be making something that's not a World War II shooter!

You mean like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?

Stil a shooter, sure, but at least they've ditched the WWII part.

It was meant as a joke. It's odd that both of these companies are moving from a specific genre they've been milking for 5 years straight. Practically to the tune of 1 a year.

But, I guess it's about time they both moved on, or rather well past.

swedish rumour: DiCE are working on a singleplayer shooter that is NOT part of the Battlefield franchise! :thumbsup:

It was meant as a joke. It's odd that both of these companies are moving from a specific genre they've been milking for 5 years straight. Practically to the tune of 1 a year.

btw COD3 wasn't made by infinity ward, blame treyarch for the horrible idea.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

btw COD3 wasn't made by infinity ward, blame treyarch for the horrible idea.

Yeah, I know, but they did make Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (not as Infinity Ward), Call of Duty, and Call of Duty 2.

So, 3 World War 2 shooters in 3 years.

Edited by Tale