What are you playing now?

Darque

Sam & Max, but don't know if you would like it. Seems it might not be serious enough for you.

However, I can heartily recommend The Longest Journey to everyone. If you buy Dreamfall, the sequel in stores now, you get The Longest Journey for free. Good story, incredible humor, absolutely ****ty graphics but you don't seem the type to mind.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sam & Max has superb writing :sorcerer:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Freelancer is so cool.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If you buy Dreamfall, the sequel in stores now, you get The Longest Journey for free.

Ooo, is that true in Hobbiton, too?

I know it's true in Texas. I bought mine seperately, but if I go to the store I see "Game of the Year Edition" and it says on the back that it includes the original The Longest Journey.

Personally, the blasted Halflings can rot in hell, but if those lazy furry monkey people want a bit of culture before they are finally wiped from the Earth, I wouldn't deny them it.

Sam & Max has superb writing :sorcerer:

And it has a psychotic rabbit. What more could you want?

For something with a good story, but a bit bleaker and more blade-runneresque, I'd recommend The Moment of Silence. Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is supposed to be quite good - I haven't played it, but I'm currently playing another one in the same series, Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring, and it seems pretty good so far.

Dreamfall is fantastic, and although the ending is unsatisfying, we know for sure that there will be a sequel so it's not quite as bad as KotOR2. Despite enjoying Runaway a great deal, I'm also avoiding Runaway 2 for the same reason until part three comes out.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The Awakened is about to get retail release in the US. I'll probably buy it DD once I get my check next week.

I'll give those games a try. Thanks for the suggestions, guys. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Here in the USA, Aspyr released the GOTY edition of Dreamfall last month. I have the GOTY DVD and it includes Dreamfall and TLJ, and the Dreamfall soundtrack is on a separate CD in the box. I already have both games, but I got it for the soundtrack.

Dreamfall is more like a FPS in that you can walk around freely in a 3D environment, unlike older node-based adventures. I really enjoy it.

TLJ and Dreamfall are nothing short of awesome. Best puzzles ever without them being too rational(rubber duck anyone?) and the character writing is superb for both titles. Of course, Dreamfall could have had more puzzles in general, but I think the devs were looking more into making an actual adventure instead of an archetypal puzzler and that was clar from the marketing as well. I wasn't disappointed, a bit suprised, that's all. Dreamfall could have done with less running and more talking and TLJ with less random puzzles and more background to some of the characters, but both are the best face of modern fantasy writing.

They are pretty much two of the fours games I'd use to convert a newcomer.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Still NWN. It was nice to help Yvette get her baby back, and to send her on her way to a hopefully better life. It was sad what happened to Londa, though the journal entry doesn't match what ultimately happens to her. The ruins of Illusk are always fun to explore. I killed both captains without talking to either one of them, but for some reason my character still felt it necessary to keep their heads. Regardless, I'm in the tower now, and creatures better stay out of my way. I love soloing this game.

Still a bit o' WoW, but losing interest.

C'mon, Spore ....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Freelancer is so cool.

Quoted for truth.

Freelancer - the stuff of legends.

Freelancer - the purest of aces

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I never could get into Freelancer... The parts where you weren't flying around were awful.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I played the demo. I got bored.

Freelancer is so cool.

Quoted for truth.

Freelancer - the stuff of legends.

Freelancer - the purest of aces.

Freelancer - the little engine that could.

Fired up NWN2 to download the patch(es) for 1.06. Re-applied my 2DA modifications. Except for improved specular lighting and seemingly better colors, I didn't notice much. My sorceress/DD finally made it to Neverwinter and we stopped for the night.

ctwp03(800).gif

I am such a bad person/bandwidth leech.

Hmm... clearly Toriyama's work...

Dragon Quest?

I've been playing F1 lately

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's Chrono Trigger. Didn't the frog give it away?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: