What are you playing now?

Darque

I loved EVE. My character probably has Battlecruiser V. So close to Command Ships that I'm tempted to go back for the possibility of Damnation and Absolution.

I tried out the 14 day trial last summer. I had a lot of fun with it, except for the warping in 15KM from target thing. Had a decently tricked out Catalyst. :ermm:

Don! Long time no see! Where've you been?

After being betrayed by seemingly innocuous friends of the vampiric circle, I was encased in my own coffin and dumped in the middle of the ocean causing me to fall into a deep state of torpor. But thanks to the aid of the ever intrepid Polly, we managed to lure a Japanese tourist shop to our rescue, of whom naturally we left for dead with with booty to boot (hence my recent "acquisition" of a PS3).

Image109.jpg

Just finished Darkstar One. It's the closest thing to Freelancer that I've played since Freelancer, but also is much much a poor-man's rendition of Freelancer. :ermm:

So, Jags, is the ranking: Freelancer, Space Rangers and then Darkstar One?

I would say that ranking is just about right among the Arcadian Space Sims (as in you're flying along and you can "break" as if you had tires gripping the road as hard as Paris Hilton is holding out for the opportunity for house arrest; also, space navigation is actually feasible through the cunning use of way-points; further, ships move nice and easily and as frequently has Hades sadly attempts to flirt with Darque; lastly, trading is simply yet additively implemented and basically consists of buying low and selling high).

However, out of the games from recent times, the rankings would probably be X3, X2, and Eve-Online out of the Newtonian Space Sims (as in you're flying really fast and cut power to the engines but continue to spiral along like an unwanted Jorian on a spamming spree; also, space navigation consists of aimlessly wandering through space with the glimmer of hope of encountering something to shoot at, however, upon the realization that there really will never ever be anything to shoot at, you start shooting at random pieces of rock (AKA "mining") and pretend that something special will rather fortuitously pop out; further, ships move about as fast as a knocked-up Rosie O'Donnell and react much slower when subjected to hostile fire; and lastly, even an economics degree from Harvard School of Business WILL NOT guarantee you fiscal success, as you watch your credits slowly dwindle before your very eyes into the depths of space where only Chuck Norris can hear you scream).

So ... is X3 better than Freelancer?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I quit X3 after 10 minutes. The interface was a confusing mess which immediately turned me off. X2/ X-tension were far superior, and IMO, the original game is still the best for atmosphere. It might not have the open-ended gameplay of the sequels but it felt like you were in an actual universe, not a boring economy sim.

X3 is absolutely awesome. Probably logged over a hundred hours in it and still only have two capital ships (one of them's a transport, even). I want a Split Destroyer dangit.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Diablo 2, doing act bosses with a level 100 MF sorceress and filling a small portion (300 10x10 pages) of the infinite stash. I modded the game to allow character level 100 (among other things), and got rid of the experience penalties after level 70. It takes about a dozen such games to go from 99 to 100 in /players 8. (I don't like having to play 1000 games to advance one level; been there, done that.) I selected 100 because it's double the level limit in Diablo (50).

Still waiting around on games like DA, HL2:EP2, and MotB. None of the current releases interest me.

Edited by Wistrik

I took a break from Advance Wars 2 today and decided to retry Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. I've played the 8th mission about a dozen times, losing a different character each time through. The most recent death had been from not realizing that the archers all had longbows (+1 attack range over normal bows) and moved my Pegasus Knight a little too close. I figured I had it all figured out this time so I went in and promptly lost a Fighter to a Thief who I couldn't seem to hit. :)

I will beat this mission today! I will get past this damned mission! It's impossible to make it through on Hard without taking some damage so I've had to alter some of my tactics.

World of Warcraft(PC) - I can't seem to pull myself away from this game.

MLB The Show '07(PS3) - Best Baseball game since MVP '05

Final Fantasy XII(PS2) - Will probably have this game done by the time XIII comes out.

Don! Long time no see! Where've you been?

After being betrayed by seemingly innocuous friends of the vampiric circle, I was encased in my own coffin and dumped in the middle of the ocean causing me to fall into a deep state of torpor. But thanks to the aid of the ever intrepid Polly, we managed to lure a Japanese tourist shop to our rescue, of whom naturally we left for dead with with booty to boot (hence my recent "acquisition" of a PS3).

Image109.jpg

Just finished Darkstar One. It's the closest thing to Freelancer that I've played since Freelancer, but also is much much a poor-man's rendition of Freelancer. >_<

So, Jags, is the ranking: Freelancer, Space Rangers and then Darkstar One?

I would say that ranking is just about right among the Arcadian Space Sims (as in you're flying along and you can "break" as if you had tires gripping the road as hard as Paris Hilton is holding out for the opportunity for house arrest; also, space navigation is actually feasible through the cunning use of way-points; further, ships move nice and easily and as frequently has Hades sadly attempts to flirt with Darque; lastly, trading is simply yet additively implemented and basically consists of buying low and selling high).

However, out of the games from recent times, the rankings would probably be X3, X2, and Eve-Online out of the Newtonian Space Sims (as in you're flying really fast and cut power to the engines but continue to spiral along like an unwanted Jorian on a spamming spree; also, space navigation consists of aimlessly wandering through space with the glimmer of hope of encountering something to shoot at, however, upon the realization that there really will never ever be anything to shoot at, you start shooting at random pieces of rock (AKA "mining") and pretend that something special will rather fortuitously pop out; further, ships move about as fast as a knocked-up Rosie O'Donnell and react much slower when subjected to hostile fire; and lastly, even an economics degree from Harvard School of Business WILL NOT guarantee you fiscal success, as you watch your credits slowly dwindle before your very eyes into the depths of space where only Chuck Norris can hear you scream).

So ... is X3 better than Freelancer?

Newtonian Space Sims are strictly inferior to their Arcadian counterparts and thus Freelancer is better than X3 by default. Morgoth and Kefka are right: X3 lacks soul and is something you want to quit in about 10 mins (which, incidentally, is what Bok & I did yesterday with EVE-online). Freelancer will go down in gaming hall of fame as one of the best shooting space ass games of all time. :*

manthing2.jpg

Anyone here play both Darkstar One retail and the original demo? I thought the demo was horrible garbage, but since I'm not hearing people complain about Darkstar One to such a degree, I'd like to know if there's a big difference.

Anyone here play both Darkstar One retail and the original demo? I thought the demo was horrible garbage, but since I'm not hearing people complain about Darkstar One to such a degree, I'd like to know if there's a big difference.

*raises hand*

Demo was absolute garbage though not nearly as bad as the Space Force 2 demo. The idiotic credit cap (as something like 10755 cr) didn't really do the DS1 demo any wonders either, since you couldn't exactly buy a new engine to get the hell out of there. Tell me what exactly pissed you off about the demo and I'll let you know if it's still there in the retail version or not. :alien:

manthing2.jpg

After you got the second artifact (or was it a third?), all of the missions and baddies scaled to an impossible to beat difficulty.

Edited by Tale

Shivering Isles and N3 on my friend's Xbox.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Umm... Stalker is hard. Well, not really since the save feature makes it easy to return to where you last saved... but you don't get alot of health. Which is kind of cool. I like the sneaking aspect of it. How I have to be extra careful. Great feel to the game. Anyone have any tips for a n00b1E? :alien:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

After you got the second artifact (or was it a third?), all of the missions and baddies scaled to an impossible to beat difficulty.

The baddies to tend to conveniently "upgrade" when you do, but its mostly noticeable during the early points of the game when the Darkstar is still kind of weak. Towards the end you can pretty much plow through anything thanks to the tricked out plasma shield.

manthing2.jpg

WoW has me by the collar again.

At least until Overlord comes out, I suspect. :rolleyes:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now!

fear_wp01_1024x768.jpg

lunar3.jpg

After each is done:

06061_Seraphicia_FEAR_04.jpg

kairi-2-1.jpg

I was under the impression that FEAR Combat was natively part of FEAR Retail that was just released free for all. My FEAR has always had a multiplayer option.