What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm about '5 hrs' into Metroid Fusion, but that doesn't involve the countless times I've died (mainly at bosses). It's not too easy and not too hard, but the bosses provide a pretty good challenge for the most part. The game isn't actually as linear as I expected it to be. Sure, there's usually only one way to go, but they don't, er, hold your hand as much as expected. The exploration elements are quite nice. Sometimes you have to do a little exploring before finding the way forward, or go out of the way to look for secrets (of which there seems to be a good number).

Gameplay, pretty awesome. The upgrades are nice. The bosses are great. I'm not really concerned about the length anymore, because I *will* be replaying this game (haven't really spotted any tedious moment at all during the whole playtime so far, so replaying will be easy) and going for the different endings. I can certainly see the challenge in fighting bosses with extremely limited upgrades.

Metroid Zero Mission also arrived, but I haven't touched that.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I actually beat Fusion and remember liking it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

All the talk of WoW in the other thread caused me to re-install the game and peek at my old and dust-covered characters.

Then I created a new one, just to see if I'd still like the game, and because I was considering using another server where some acquaintances are.

While still addicting in the wee hours, I'm not sure I could start all over from scratch again for a new server. Even after all this time, I have the beginning areas and quests mostly memorized and the thought of countless hours building up profession skills for the 10th time or more makes me snore.

But riding around on my mounts and petting my raptor again was fun! :verymad:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished KOTOR1 .. found some new stuff as well- I guess I haven't played it as thoroughly as I thought.

what to play next? :verymad:

KotOR: TSL, of course. :D

Right you are! (wow, I really haven't played these games in quite a while!) - Also I had such a weak computer last time, that all those special effects (like the screen blurring when you use Force speed) were disabled - it's almost like a new game. :D

Fortune favors the bald.

I was considering it, but I think I'll wait to see if I ever have a lvl60 character, first. I don't tend to be that long-term dedicated to MMORPG's; not sure it's worth it for me, at least right now. The new races are kind of interesting, but it'd still be the same game mechanics.

If I joined the AB guild with the others, or otherwise found some regular play-pals, perhaps ... we'll see.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was considering it, but I think I'll wait to see if I ever have a lvl60 character, first. I don't tend to be that long-term dedicated to MMORPG's; not sure it's worth it for me, at least right now. The new races are kind of interesting, but it'd still be the same game mechanics.

If I joined the AB guild with the others, or otherwise found some regular play-pals, perhaps ... we'll see.

I wouldn't recommend the expansion unless you have a level 58 character sitting around. I bought it and regret doing so, because I had no interest in grinding out the last few levels on my level 55 paly to access the new content. The new races are cool, but the quests are pretty much the same as every starter area and that will only get you to 20.

Yeah, the highest I ever got was 47. I don't mind grinding when levels come at a somewhat reasonable pace, but no matter how much I might like and play an action-rpg, when it gets to that point where you play a few hours and your exp. bar barely moves, I always lose patience and make a new character, instead. In Diablo2 I only reached lvl 99 once, heh.

There's a lot of small but kind of cool changes since the last time I logged in, even without the expansion, anyway.

Quest grinding in wow from 58 to 70 is FAST. You get all new kit and you experience new stuff. It took me about 14 days of casual, post job, post tucking in the kids and listening to the ex wifes garbage and playing for 3-4-5 hrs after that. Its decent fun and you definately don't need to group to xp. In some cases and areas grouping for xp is a complete waste of time if you run around, get all quests and then start killing.

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

Well, I've never been able to level super fast in any action-rpg game, barring being "rushed" in some fashion by higher level players. I hear people say how fast they reached max level and I always think I must be playing a different game. :o

Winter Assault is seriously fun. I don't think I've ever faced a more desperate battle than the 3rd Order mission against the unrelenting "Green Tide". I must have killed some 2000 orks upon that gateway ground, the whole yard was probably pockmarked with hellgun and plasma fire, pawmarks and treadgrinds after it was over. That had to be the best DoW mission I have played, after the Dark Crusade Thur'Abis battle. ****ing ace, I love desperate last stands like that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Especially when you deliberately seek out the random Enclave encounters. EXPs and Loot!

So basically you've turned Fallout 2 into Diablo 2.

And where the hell is the "crazy" smiley nowadays?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just wanna say to those of you who recommended Baldur's Gate (2) for me to play........

Thank you.

The BG series is the best thing to happen to RPGs. Great games, lots of replay value and a lot of fan made mods.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Especially when you deliberately seek out the random Enclave encounters. EXPs and Loot!

So basically you've turned Fallout 2 into Diablo 2.

And where the hell is the "crazy" smiley nowadays?!

I like uber characters. :yucky:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Fallout 2. Doing random encounters to get my level higher.

YUM!

XP FARMING!

May aswell be playing an MMO!

Diablo 2 BattleNet. Me go ear collecting. :devil:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.