What are you playing now?

Darque

My wife is no gamer, but I managed to get her into WoW. It's such an easy game to learn on. She doesn't play more than a couple times a month, but it's fun to have it in common. Of course, I pay for the account :p

Relationships require personal space and an understanding of each other's different hobbies. My wife has always supported me in my gaming and hockey, and I've always supported her in dancing and I let her watch bad TV shows. It's very healthy, we don't need to be side by side just because we are at home together. We function as individuals and as a couple.

:)

But I get the MMO addiction thing. The main concept to keep in mind is that it's the journey, not the end result, that really matters in an MMO. Don't let anyone tell you different. Reaching the highest level is a short term joy, and if it's all you focus on, you will feel burned out at the end. However, exploring new areas and completing difficult encounters are memories that tend to stick with me much longer. There is also the social aspect. Much like these boards, there are people I play MMO's with that I consider friends, even if I've never met them personally.

That's a good point; tell me, how did you meet these MMORPG friends? Did you know them beforehand, meet them in a forum, or actually in the game?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Most of the folks I've played with over the years have been met through in game means. Lineage 2 was actually where I met my closest friends. I was looking for a casual guild, and they recruited me. It turned out to be a good fit. I've played the entire gamut of games with this bunch, from BF1942 to almost every MMO. It's a nice little online family. But the key is just to keep an eye out for folks who you get along with. There are a ton of asshats out there, but there's also a good chunk of regular folks too.

Most of the folks I've played with over the years have been met through in game means. Lineage 2 was actually where I met my closest friends. I was looking for a casual guild, and they recruited me. It turned out to be a good fit. I've played the entire gamut of games with this bunch, from BF1942 to almost every MMO. It's a nice little online family. But the key is just to keep an eye out for folks who you get along with. There are a ton of asshats out there, but there's also a good chunk of regular folks too.

One thing you have to watch out for in guilds is eliteism or becoming too much of a family. My current guild is... a massive family quite literally, thus we can't really say your not a good player and teach the person to play well without having to fight off a large part of the guild.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just play NWN2 or maybe Pong.

PAC MAN! ULTIMA 4!

Anything, man! PLAY SOMETHING ALREADY!

Sheesh.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ok I'll go play minesweeper now

All that graphical power and what does he use it for? *Sigh*

ALL THE COSMIC POWER IN THE WORLD!!!!

itty bitty living space.

itty bitty living space.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!

itty bitty living space

When Gamestop opens, I'm going to go buy P.N. 03 per a friend's recommendation and seeing it in action at a friend's house. Mostly poor reviews, but I'll get it used for 5 bucks, so I don't care. Viewtiful Joe. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. I'm tempted to get Front Mission 4, but I don't think it'll be anywhere as good as 3 and I should probably avoid it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

itty bitty living space.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!

itty bitty living space

When Gamestop opens, I'm going to go buy P.N. 03 per a friend's recommendation and seeing it in action at a friend's house. Mostly poor reviews, but I'll get it used for 5 bucks, so I don't care. Viewtiful Joe. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. I'm tempted to get Front Mission 4, but I don't think it'll be anywhere as good as 3 and I should probably avoid it.

ZOE2 is MUCH MUCH better than ZOE, It's got some VO hiccups but is otherwise a pretty good game, short though

I heard it was better than the original and I liked the original!

Has anyone noticed in NWN 2 that sometimes NPC's will just stop following you, or rather the AI shuts off (they go into permanent puppet mode) and no matter how many times I click puppet mode off they are still brain dead.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Has anyone noticed in NWN 2 that sometimes NPC's will just stop following you, or rather the AI shuts off (they go into permanent puppet mode) and no matter how many times I click puppet mode off they are still brain dead.

Yep. I had that problem. Albeit I didn't download any patches. Teehee.

It is really annoying especially when you have trek through like the Red Giant mountains and you end up with the classic, "You must gather your party before venturing forth".

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I ended up buying Viewtiful Joe, Zone of the Enders 2, and Shadow of the Colossus.

I think I'll start with Shadow of the Colossus and save ZoE2 until after a replay of the first.

I ended up buying Viewtiful Joe, Zone of the Enders 2, and Shadow of the Colossus.

I think I'll start with Shadow of the Colossus and save ZoE2 until after a replay of the first.

zone of the enders was such a sweet game. Man I remember looking through games and decided to take a chance on it and rent it and while it was short and stuff I remember it being really sweet. I didn't know they made a second one though. Update once you play through plz.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It is really annoying especially when you have trek through like the Red Giant mountains and you end up with the classic, "You must gather your party before venturing forth".

try either letting them die (one answer) or doing a verbal command to wake them up (got that from Gorth)

zone of the enders was such a sweet game. Man I remember looking through games and decided to take a chance on it and rent it and while it was short and stuff I remember it being really sweet. I didn't know they made a second one though. Update once you play through plz.

After you play ZoE2 you won't be able to play ZOE without screaming and tossing the controller (because the controls and movements are SO MUCH BETTER. also you don't have over sized bad guys all that much.)

Is a cleric a good starting character in NWN 2. I haven't played much, but I've always enjoyed playing as a priestly type in DnD.

Is it viable here, or should I restart with something more powerful?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds