Blizzard is taunting us...

I'm looking forward to Hellgate. If Blizzard makes an anouncement regarding SC2, I probably won't much care. Of course, it will provide fuel for many an online fire, I'm sure.

I was looking forward to Hellgate a lot more before they announced that you'd have to pay a monthly fee to use decent items and have convenient storage space. They don't sound like they're doing enough to justify a monthly fee, and instead are going to crapify customers that only give them fifty bucks. That doesn't really make sense to me.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I'm looking forward to Hellgate. If Blizzard makes an anouncement regarding SC2, I probably won't much care. Of course, it will provide fuel for many an online fire, I'm sure.

I was looking forward to Hellgate a lot more before they announced that you'd have to pay a monthly fee to use decent items and have convenient storage space. They don't sound like they're doing enough to justify a monthly fee, and instead are going to crapify customers that only give them fifty bucks. That doesn't really make sense to me.

Good Lord. That's what I get for not following these games during production. I think I'll have to reevaluate this purchase. Damn. Grrrr :Cant's hitting folks with chairs and causing mayhem in the streets icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Isn't there going to be a singleplayer campaign?

It's a Diablo clone, is there really a difference?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Isn't there going to be a singleplayer campaign?

It's a Diablo clone, is there really a difference?

Think what Meta meant was that players will get access to all the stuff on offline play that elite players will on online play. Think would be ok I guess but multi-play is half the fun of these types of games.

I think he's saying it's a sign of how we now expect every big game to go multiplatform, or rather, onto consoles. I don't think that's the case here, but I think that's what he's saying.

That said, people who eat Rare are animals.

yeah... pretty much, the fact that they felt that it would be warranted to add that this is not going to be a multiplatform because, among other things they don't seem to have a good control scheme down for RTS's that would allow for the reaction times of a keyboard and mouse. You just wouldn't be able to handle an entire battle with the single controller.

Now I haven't seen the C&C3 control scheme or felt it so I don't know how it's worked out but From everything I've seen RTS's just don't work on consoles.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

On a sidenote, I'm certainly no graphics whore, but that really doesn't look 2007-ish at all.

But I guess gameplay is what Blizzard excels at.

Running on everyone in the universe's machine is also what Blizzard excels at.

and bless them for it

Having download the "Uber" quality gameplay video off Blizzards site, I have to say the graphics arn't too shabby. Less cartoon-ish and grittier than I originally took away from the Youtube vids. It's just the Terrans that seem to have a "comical" edge to some of their units/structures.

That said, I hope the "Nuclear lazer pointer" isn't being replaced by the giant neon nuclear signs they show in the video. Half the fun of nukes in SC was trying to find that damn little red dot after hearing "Nuclear Launch Detected"

Edited by kumquatq3

That said, I hope the "Nuclear lazer pointer" isn't being replaced by the giant neon nuclear signs they show in the video. Half the fun of nukes in SC was trying to find that damn little red dot after hearing "Nuclear Launch Detected"

For extra sneakiness, you target the Red player with your nukes. The little red dot is even harder to find when everything around it is red also. :(

Sawyer has a point... Blizzard's games will run on anything, and that is a major benefit... I may even go as far as to state they're a casual games company to some certain extent.

One of many reasons why most Blizzard games kick ass.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I don't need pc-eating graphics, but I am a sucker for style, and I don't like that art style.

That said, I agree that Blizzard's ability to make fun, addictive games that don't require a beefed up, souped up pc is definitely one of their biggest success features. From my limited tech-standpoint, their MP hosting is another one, imo. I've played many games that might've had a bigger or longer lasting following if their MP aspect/access hadn't been so limited/terrible.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How did I not know about this?

Should be a lively bout of ass kickery. I'm not much for RTS's (which is pretty much heresy at this forum), but Starcraft was always was fun to play to kill time.

Edited by Draken

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

The games need to have good frame rates on most machines for something like a RTS, especially multliplayer.

I remember how Majesty's huge size maps, with their constantly monster-spawning den-points, on single-player could lag up your machine some if you didn't have the hardware - but the rest of the map sizes were fine, even with max units/monster and such.

Did SC have big MP maps, generally? I never got very far in the game ... and never tried it on-line. Have no idea.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't know, it seems Blizz is pimping up their models with this game... you might need better comps than usual. Ah well, guess I'll just play it in 640x480 resolution... :thumbsup:

Well, at least they didn't do something as low poly as Warcraft 3... Seriously, if you've ever tried texturing those damn horrible UV wraps, you would know... /shuddering

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"