Blizzard is taunting us...

Blizzard has always made great FMV sequences but piss poor games.

You forgot the "imo." :wowey:

I unapologetically love the Diablo series. :woot:

Starcraft doesn't do much for me, tho. Wasn't terrible or anything, what I played - just didn't excite.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Blizzard doesn't do release dates anymore. They kept not making them anyway.

I'm currently translating the Korean in unit briefings, will post soon.

The marine just says something like.. literally is "At last, what will come has come", or "what must come hsa come"; it's spoken in a vernacular tone similar to say, a hardened American soldier. Conveys something like "At last... it's time." (dramatically)

No need to translate, the official site is live, with trailer in english

http://www.starcraft2.com/

If the game trailer is indicative of the level of commitment to detail in the rest of the game, then this game is going to be very deep and compelling.

:wowey:

Sadly, Blizzard always has good game trailers; it's not always an indication of how deep a game is. WarCraft III was about as deep as a puddle (I still thought it was fun though).

But I really figure this game will be good; they're showing a lot of care and dedication in keeping the feel of the StarCraft universe intact. Also, they learned some new tricks storytelling wise since the original.

Blizzard did the plot twist exceptionally well, I thought, in WC3; giving the player "rationalized" goals that masked the extent of the corruption was very well executed. (It didn't stop me from thinking "Hang on, I don't really WANT to do this, but as there is no choice in this game and I want to continue, I shall ...". :woot: )

The graphics in WC3 were certainly good enough to play the game; they didn't stop me from enjoying it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Blizzard did the plot twist exceptionally well, I thought, in WC3; giving the player "rationalized" goals that masked the extent of the corruption was very well executed. (It didn't stop me from thinking "Hang on, I don't really WANT to do this, but as there is no choice in this game and I want to continue, I shall ...". :wowey: )

The graphics in WC3 were certainly good enough to play the game; they didn't stop me from enjoying it.

I'll second that

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Graphics don't make or break a game for me; a fun game is a fun game regardless. But if a game has graphics I really like, my immersion-level enjoyment goes up several notches.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't get why people care so much about the stories in the Blizzard rts games. Multiplayer on B.net is where the fun's at. :wowey:

That's usually only fun for people who are good at it. For schmoes like me, it's embarrassing.

You forgot the "imo." :thumbsup:

You are forgetting that it is Sand, who does not ever need to bother with such mundane things like indicating own opinion.

*in the snide voice of Sand* Well, I pretty much assume that anyone with a degree of intelligence can readily discern what is opinion and what is fact without being spoon fed by such indicators but if I am wrong by assuming that the posters have that basic level of reading comprehension please tell me now.

:)

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I don't get why people care so much about the stories in the Blizzard rts games. Multiplayer on B.net is where the fun's at. :)

That's usually only fun for people who are good at it. For schmoes like me, it's embarrassing.

You just need to find a group of people that you know are worse than you are. I get my ass handed to me by about 50% of the remaining SC players on SC but I can beat all of my friends 9 times out of 10. I keep trying to tell them that I'm really not that good and they just suck horribly, but when they team up on me and still get beat down (Hello? Next time you want to team up against someone it might be best to use Ally chat to avoid telling the person about it...) they tend not to believe me. :thumbsup:

Heck they still didn't believe me when I lost horrible in the second round of a tournament. If the stupid random race thing hadn't given me Terran I wouldn't have lost so badly. :)

Edited by Deraldin

Super awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm not an avid RTS-player (in fact, I haven't played any pc game in over 2 years), but Blizzard always manages to capture the small remnant of what used to be my gaming heart.

On a sidenote, I'm certainly no graphics whore, but that really doesn't look 2007-ish at all.

But I guess gameplay is what Blizzard excels at.

I don't get why people care so much about the stories in the Blizzard rts games. Multiplayer on B.net is where the fun's at. :thumbsup:

I lack any form of aggression and desire for competition. I'm too laid back for that.

Now, team matches in RTS games I enjoy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

... without being spoon fed ...

But ... but ... I like being spoon fed; it's the closest I can come to being born w/a silver spoon in my mouth ... :thumbsup:

But I guess gameplay is what Blizzard excels at.

Have to agree. I remember when D2 came out, and some people were complaining the graphics were already outdated because of how much time passed between when they began and when it was released. Didn't stop fans from obsessively playing it for years, tho.

Still...can't wait for the 2007 graphic Daiblo3 - in the year 2012. :)

Anyone believe the crap about Terran Protoss and Zerg being the only races?

No way they ain't doing at least another faction. Unless they wait for the expansion, but why the hell would they do that?

Then again, considering the pain in the ass balancing WarCraft III's 4 factions was, who can blame them? I'm sure Duran and his hybrids will make an appearance, though they might not be playable.

It's sad, however, that nearly all of the coolest characters were killed off in Brood War. I hated having to kill Fenix. Can't wait for the confrontation between Raynor and Kerrigan! Chris Metzen really is an awesome writer imo. I was a fan of the WarCraft story too, until they totally messed it up with WoW... :thumbsup:

Edited by Pope

It took C&C about five games to introduce a third faction in their games. It doesn't seem to me as if Blizzard has that much of a "more is better" mentality. 'ceptin maybe WC3, but that was the third game in the series, obviously.

Signs point to the Xel'Naga being tied only to the storyline of the game, and probably not being player-controlled.

the hybrids will probably be like the naga from TFT, they have their own buildings and units but not enough to balance them against a full fledged race.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

wanted to add that I think that the fact that the Blizzard PR guys felt that they had to add that they didn't plan to put SC2 on the consoles is a little bit... scary? From everything I've seen the Consoles wouldn't be able to handle the sheer number of individual units we're talking about.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

wanted to add that I think that the fact that the Blizzard PR guys felt that they had to add that they didn't plan to put SC2 on the consoles is a little bit... scary? From everything I've seen the Consoles wouldn't be able to handle the sheer number of individual units we're talking about.

1) They say they don't plan on putting it on consoles. You don't appear to think consoles could handle the game. These two ideas agree with each other. Why does agreement frighten you? Are you one of those guys that complains when the restaurant gets your order right? I SAID MEDIUM WELL, THIS ISN'T RARE AT ALL! STOP PERSECUTING ME!

2) I don't see what makes you think a console can't handle that. I've seen more units in an average game of C&C 3 than I've seen in the videos for SC2 so far.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think he's saying it's a sign of how we now expect every big game to go multiplatform, or rather, onto consoles. I don't think that's the case here, but I think that's what he's saying.

That said, people who eat Rare are animals.

YOU're the animal.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How do you play a RTS game on a console? It would be horrible. Starcraft 64 anyone?

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I'm looking forward to Hellgate. If Blizzard makes an anouncement regarding SC2, I probably won't much care. Of course, it will provide fuel for many an online fire, I'm sure.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!