Blizzard is taunting us...

I bet 10 bucks that everyone posting in this thread will be disappointed, when the game is released. :grim reaper smiley:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I know two things:

I will love the cut scenes.

I will hate the gameplay. But then again, I'm just not a fan of RTS's.

Funny. Judging by what they released so far, it looks like the gameplay it's going to be fun, but the cut scenes are going to suck.

Good news for Starcraft fans ... and about time, really. :(

(ps nothing negative intended in that remark, heheh)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm currently translating the Korean in unit briefings, will post soon.

The marine just says something like.. literally is "At last, what will come has come", or "what must come hsa come"; it's spoken in a vernacular tone similar to say, a hardened American soldier. Conveys something like "At last... it's time." (dramatically)

No need to translate, the official site is live, with trailer in english

http://www.starcraft2.com/

If the game trailer is indicative of the level of commitment to detail in the rest of the game, then this game is going to be very deep and compelling.

:(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Looks like I'll need a new comp to play it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I bet 10 bucks that everyone posting in this thread will be disappointed, when the game is released. :grim reaper smiley:

I'll take that bet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

&^^%#$$% I can't view the trailer on Linux god damn Blizzard and there .exe download programs. In anycase I don't like the way the graphics look I think its more the art style looks too cartoonish and Warcraft 3.

I will be getting the game mostly just for the story and to find out finally just who the hell is Duran.

Have they announced a release date yet? If the game was in development since Frozen Throne thats 4 years now. This time around I expect them to have a lot more competition since Dawn of War 2 will be coming out eventually too.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Blizzard doesn't do release dates anymore. They kept not making them anyway.

I'm currently translating the Korean in unit briefings, will post soon.

The marine just says something like.. literally is "At last, what will come has come", or "what must come hsa come"; it's spoken in a vernacular tone similar to say, a hardened American soldier. Conveys something like "At last... it's time." (dramatically)

No need to translate, the official site is live, with trailer in english

http://www.starcraft2.com/

If the game trailer is indicative of the level of commitment to detail in the rest of the game, then this game is going to be very deep and compelling.

:(

Sadly, Blizzard always has good game trailers; it's not always an indication of how deep a game is. WarCraft III was about as deep as a puddle (I still thought it was fun though).

But I really figure this game will be good; they're showing a lot of care and dedication in keeping the feel of the StarCraft universe intact. Also, they learned some new tricks storytelling wise since the original.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I don't like the graphics, from the screenies, either. To me it looks too pinball-arcade-ish.

Not that they're horrible, and maybe it'll be a great game ... but they could do better graphic style-wise, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

&^^%#$$% I can't view the trailer on Linux god damn Blizzard and there .exe download programs.

Works fine with WINE.

Yea I started that up but downloading slow as hell. Maybe cause everyone and there mothers must be trying to download it right now.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

The graphics are frankly crap, except for the explosions and other 'effects', which are brililant. Too good, actually, so that they're out of place with the Play-Doh units and polished plastic grounds. They need some integration and an actual verisimilitude, though one must remember that many, many casual players were perfectly fine with playdoh WC3 / WoW.

The graphics are frankly crap, except for the explosions and other 'effects', which are brililant. Too good, actually, so that they're out of place with the Play-Doh units and polished plastic grounds. They need some integration and an actual verisimilitude, though one must remember that many, many casual players were perfectly fine with playdoh WC3 / WoW.

I agree. Looking at most of the units they all seem to have a kind of "plastic" feel to them that I can only hope they get rid of. I hated the cartoonish art in WC3 and I can sorta see some of that influence seeping into Starcraft. The siege tank design really needs some work. >_<

I liked cartoonish art style of WCIII >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I liked the cartoonish but not too cartoonish style of the origional Starcraft. Having somebody who can literally squish their head between thumb and forefinger was a little to over the top for me.

For the record, the writing that gets everyone cheering in the vid Tale posted is "Terran Military Marine Status: *pause for effect* --Active--

and the last words of the trailer are quite, proper, "Hell, it's about time" with a southern accent.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pretty much, yes. I must have missed that bit about Terran Military etc though, since I only saw "Active", which by iteslf can also mean "current occupation"...

Heh.

Blizzard has always made great FMV sequences but piss poor games.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"