My God this game is frustrating (Visquis glitch)

I've already read up on this from various old threads on different websites. My situation? I'm on Nar Shadaa (I came to the planet but left an finished Dantooine and Onderon before returning). I've completed LITERALLY EVERY sidequest possible. You name it, I've done it. I've talked to everyone. I've walked on foot to every available section of the world. And? Visquiss's message does NOT ever come. I can't meet GOTO, I can't beat the level, I can't beat the game.

I'm on XBOX so there's no way of modding out of the situation.

This crap is irredeemably frustrating. I know this game is old... so my complaint seems to come a few years too late. I put this game down about a year ago because I had ANOTHER game ending glitch (about halfway through the game, no less). I didn't want to risk putting hours into a game that would glitch out and waste 15 hours of my life. So much for that.

I guess it's back to online Madden. Goodbye KOTOR II. You had so much potential... you could have been better than KOTOR I... but then the dickwads at LucasArts had to rush your release. Now you're only good for crusing people's souls.

[end rant]

Relax bud - there are a lot of bugs in KOTOR II - but it is very doable. I personally (on Xbox) have never actually had a game killing bug.

In general, bugs can be avoided by ensuring you have plenty of save games (and it's often good to have a new save game at the start of each planet that you don't touch in case something is seriously stuffed - as least you just start the planet over instead of the whole game.

With your one:

- have you paid money to the little dude outside the cantinas? I believe it's about 2000 credits and he can push the exchange to either like you more or hate you more for attention.

- have you met the red ecplise mercs yet? go back to your ship and take a look - you should've got a message to tell you to go back and check it out.

if you have, then load a save game and give it another crack - do some of the quests differently - you'll manage it >_<

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Relax bud - there are a lot of bugs in KOTOR II - but it is very doable. I personally (on Xbox) have never actually had a game killing bug.

In general, bugs can be avoided by ensuring you have plenty of save games (and it's often good to have a new save game at the start of each planet that you don't touch in case something is seriously stuffed - as least you just start the planet over instead of the whole game.

With your one:

- have you paid money to the little dude outside the cantinas? I believe it's about 2000 credits and he can push the exchange to either like you more or hate you more for attention.

- have you met the red ecplise mercs yet? go back to your ship and take a look - you should've got a message to tell you to go back and check it out.

if you have, then load a save game and give it another crack - do some of the quests differently - you'll manage it :devil:

Hey pantherus. Thanks for the reply. I should have used more "emoticons" in my post. Don't get me wrong, I'm upset, but I don't ACTUALLY feel as though my soul has been crushed.

I actually have played through KOTOR I and II about 10 times. I know the game fairly inside and out. I had already qued the Red Eclipse attack and paid the little fellow 2,000 credits to let the Exchange know I'm after them. I've completed every sidequest possible (as there are a few that can only be completed AFTER G0T0's ship. Other than that EVERYTHING has been expended.

The real problem here is that, like I said, I worked on Nar Shadda (and started some quests, got the lightsaber part I wanted, triggered the Red Eclipse attack) and then left and finished all of Dantooine and Dxun/Onderon. I probably could go back to a previous save (I have tons of them) but the closest Nar Shadaa one is about 6 hours back. Who knows what would happen if I go back only for the problem to still happen? I would have wasted more time. >_<

It's moments like these that I wonder "what were they thinking?" when they released this game. I don't know much about what makes games great, but I know that not being able to complete the game because of glitches is absolutely uncalled for. As I said, this has happened to me before. I played through the game a while back and got stuck in the secret Jedi's room on Nar Shaddaa (the handlebar mustache fellow). It was after I'd played through G0To's ship (darkside). After the cutscene, it would bring me into that Jedi dude's secret room. It was locked from the outside. I'd kill him (had no choice) then be stuck in the room. I tried the "walk through wall" glitch. I tried everything. I opened a save from about 5 hours earlier, then found an online walkthrough and followed it step by step (as to not miss anything, screw anything up) and still... beat G0To's ship and got stuck in the damn room.

There really isn't much for me to do here except load a save and HOPE it doesn't mess up.

It's a bummer. I was really having fun this time around. I was working with side characters that I'd never really played alongside. I was building a totally unique character. I was 75% through the freaking game. :yucky:

Oh well.

Times like this you can only laugh...

...or go on a violent, murderous rampage...

I hope you laugh >_<

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

It sounds like you are playing the game for the journey, not the destination. As irritating as it is to load a save from hours beforehand, I think it is in keeping with the spirit in which you have been playing. After all, when you finish this game, I would expect you to just restart another ... :aiee:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT