What is your favorite quote?

Lord Mayyn

tell it here. whether its from a game, a man, or a book.

and explain what it means for the fools

There is no purpose in birth, no salvation of the soul in life, no reward after death. Abandon all hope and you shall become free, and with freedom aquire emptiness

~Necronomicon

self explanitory

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

I vaguely recall making the same thread a while back, unless this was on another forum where everyone hated me. :sad:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's all I can think of this second.

"Y'know the thing about computers, the thing I like, is that I'm immersed in them but it's not like a living thing that's gonna leave, or die, or something." - Chris Cooper in Adaptation

There were a lot from the book Wisdom of Insecurity that I liked for their philosphy quote-factor, but I'd have to find my copy of the book to quote from it. :down:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you don't make money off of it, it had better be either a religious experience or a hobby.

-- Lance Cooper

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

-- Jack Handey

Mr. Spock succumbs to a powerful mating urge and nearly kills Captain Kirk.

-- TV Guide, describing the Star Trek

episode "Amok Time"

If you've heard one Andrew Lloyd Webber song, you've heard them both.

-- David Wiegand

He's a star and a pimp. No way is he not getting ass, mad ass.

-- Morgan Phillips, claiming that

STAR WARS character Boba Fett is

very successful with the ladies in

his essay "Boba Fett is The Mack"

All my favorite quotes are here in this magic box. Oh, don't worry, it's Walsingham-approved :down: .

*Link approved by Walsingham, with some adult themes*

*By which I mean the link has some adult themes, not... you know... I was like striking poses at the time*

Edited by Walsingham

The Black Company by Glenn Cook

Best Line Ever written: "Evil is relative Annalist. You can't hang a sign on it. You can't touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicating finger. Where you stand now, because of your oath, is opposite the Dominator. For you he is where your Evil lies."

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We had this kind of thread some time ago.

If you've heard one Andrew Lloyd Webber song, you've heard them both.

-- David Wiegand

That reminds me of Roger Waters (ex-Pink Floyd) interview:

In interviews promoting Amused to Death, Waters asserted that Andrew Lloyd Webber had plagiarized themes from "Echoes" for sections of the musical The Phantom of the Opera; nevertheless, he decided that life was too short to bother filing a lawsuit regarding the matter.

Yeah, the beginning of that bloody Phantom song is from Echoes. *DAAAA-da-da-da-da-da* [sic]. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. It's the same time signature - it's 12/8 - and it's the same structure and it's the same notes and it's the same everything. Bastard. It probably is actionable. It really is! But I think that life's too short to bother with suing Andrew ****ing Lloyd Webber.[6]

Waters "got even" by adding a mean-spirited reference to Webber into the song It's a Miracle on the Amused album ("Lloyd Webber's awful stuff runs for years and years and years / An earthquake hits the theatre but the operetta lingers / Then the piano lid comes down and breaks his ****ing fingers. It's a Miracle").

edit: Here is the link to older topic

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The quote I've always wanted to use most has to be either

"You may fire when ready." - Grand Moff Tarkin

Or

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgewick.

~~

Although my favourite quoted exchange would have to be this story

"His brother-in-law, Lord Uxbridge was by Wellington

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

^^ I just read about that in Hinge Factor. :down:

Here's one I like today: plus ultra.

Some background:

... the origin of the of the motto [nec plus ultra]. It is closely associated with the Pillars of Hercules, which according to Roman mythology were built by Hercules, near the Straits of Gibraltar, marking the edge of the then known world. According to mythology the pillars bore the warning Nec Plus Ultra (also Non Plus Ultra, "nothing further beyond"), serving as a warning to sailors and navigators to go no further.

It is believed that the young Charles V adopted Plus Ultra as his motto at the suggestion of his doctor and personal advisor Luigi Marliano. The idea was to encourage him to ignore the ancient warning and encourage him to take risks and go further beyond.

cf. ne plus ultra

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

just remembered my actual favorite quote - by a friend of mine

I only read letters with stamps.

-

Meta, "plus ultra" is way to deep to have as a favorite quote.. it actually makes you think!

Fortune favors the bald.

I wish I were less awkward around strangers. I never know

what to say when someone asks me who I am and what the hell

I'm doing in their house.

-- Andy Ihnatko

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Accept

"My mama' always said, life is like a box of chocolate... you'll never know what you gonna get."

- Forrest Gump.

FAIL:

"My mama' always said, life is like a box of chocolate... you'll never know what you gonna get."

- Forrest Gump.

WIN:

"Life ... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an english toffee, but they're gone too fast, and the taste is...fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers."

Cancer Man

X-Files if someone wondered the source :aiee:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest Accept
FAIL:

- Forrest Gump.

WIN:

"Life ... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an english toffee, but they're gone too fast, and the taste is...fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers."

Cancer Man

X-Files if someone wondered the source :thumbsup:

Bah, Forrest had an IQ around 70, and you compares him with some smartass agent from X-files? :)

Any decently funny Wc3 quote. The ones you hear when you annoy the units to death.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Life is like a Turkish prostitute, she'll do things you never thought possible, then give you the herpes.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.