K1 & K2 Preferred Parties

What NPCs did you most prefer with you through the games, or at different times?

In K1:

- The first time I played it (female LS soldier/guardian) I had Juhani and T3 as my party - 2 tough-as-nuts Jedi and blaster support/tech-bot

- Next main time (I did a lot of half-games and got bored :)) I was a DS female scout/sentinel and mainly used Bastila and Canderous until I got HK, who then replaced Candy. I used Jolee every now and then too. My Star Forge assault squad was bastila and HK - in one part both us Jedi got swamped by evil Jedi and troops and both died - HK then slaughtered the lot of them when I thought we were doomed - there's a lot to say for having a morbidly aggresive droid with you! :)

In K2:

- First time through (LS female guardian/weapon master) I avoided Kreia like the plague (just cause I didn't like her and didn't trust her at all), but used T3 for a lot until the sub-level on Dantooine where he got whomped, when I swapped him out for Bao-Dur who I kept pretty much till the end. I pretty much stuck with Visas as my other member. I didn't realise you could train the other's as jedi, and only managed with disciple and bao-dur later in the game. Fortunately I was ludicrously powerful (the grunt character always seems to have an easy time in these games...) and managed to finish the game without much hassle.

- Had a fun time as a DS Male Consular/Sith Lord Using HK and Hanharr (let destruction reign! :))

- Male DS Sentinel/Assassin with Kreia (on full-on Jedi Support just bolstering me and party with buff powers) and Handmaiden

- Female LS Sentinel/Watchman with Disciple and Mira

- Male LS Consular/Master with Handmaiden and Mira

So many combinations!

what do other people like to use?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

First time through KOTOR 1 I used Carth and Bastilla (because of the romance option) until I found Jolee, then he replaced Carth.. I wanted Juhani more, but she never said a word and wasn't really that interesting after a while. Through several playthrough I would say Carth and Bastilla are my favorite characters, due to the fact that they are the most "active" companions - in terms of responding and reacting to the game. Then comes HK-47 for his deliciously morbid remarks, but he's fairly incomptetent in action imho.

In KOTOR2 I used Kreia anytime I could, then I switched alot around, learning from my experience in KOTOR 1 (that every character has something unique to say) .. I didn't realize who you could train (or how) until about lvl 16, when Atton suddenly became a jedi after a rather long discussion. But I think The Handmaiden was my primary choice - followed by Atton. I never used T3 or GOTO more than once.

Fortune favors the bald.

Then comes HK-47 for his deliciously morbid remarks, but he's fairly incomptetent in action imho.

Interesting that you say that - cause I found him incredibly helpful in action, especially if you've got 2 Jedi pounding away at the bad guys in front, and he just pops them off from a distance - give him a good old heavy repeater, advanced flamethrower and grenades - especially after he regains his assassin protocols...

Anyone else think he's helpful/useless?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

Can only speak for K2, but my preferences were Atton and Disciple, with occasional doses of Bao-Dur. I don't think I have any logical reasons for my choices - I just liked them. Atton did well at either ranged or Jedi, and Disciple could make a good tank Jedi.

I really wanted to use T3 more, because I also liked him (cuteness factor), but whenever I tried, he just felt useless. Sure he could help out via ranged combat, but not enough.

HK was ok, but beyond his funny sarcasm, I didn't think he was that great in combat.

Visa's was fine as well, but I didn't find her entertaining - she was a sort of stick in the mud.

Hanhar really got on my nerves with all that growling and his backstory-whining. I don't like Kotor wookies at all.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hanhar really got on my nerves with all that growling and his backstory-whining. I don't like Kotor wookies at all.

Is is just me, or were Zaalbar and Hanharr the Emo, angst-ridden teenagers of the KOTOR games? :)

I enjoyed using those guys as melee tanks, especially as energy shields became prominent because their swords ripped through them; and exploiting Hanharr's final (major) influence bug was fun to play with once...but yeah, the growling and relative lack of interesting conversation got tiresome.

I loved using T3 as well - cuteness factor and all!! :) He was awesome in K1 As I said at the start, I had him along for almost the entire game. I tried it again in K2 and he got womped on Dantooine, then I tagged in Bao-Dur to replace him :) T3 could actually be quite helpful in a fight once you got him wielding 2 pistols with some accuracy. Of course I love his scene on Nar Shadaaa :)

Is is just me, or were Zaalbar and Hanharr the Emo, angst-ridden teenagers of the KOTOR games? :)

:)

I didn't finish K1 (I played K2 first ...), but I did get far enough to meet/get the wookie ... in fact that may have been one reason I never got back to K1. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't finish K1 (I played K2 first ...), but I did get far enough to meet/get the wookie ... in fact that may have been one reason I never got back to K1. :)

K1's definately worth finishing IMO. You never actually have to use Zaalbar (only Mission is required for a short time) and you can stick with your current squad - only downside is you're basically stuck being the tank of your party until you get bastila if you don't use Zaalbar.

But K1's story is probably the most immersive in a game I've ever played - various other games came close (Baldur's Gate II, Jade Empire, KOTOR II (probably next closest)) but K1 stands out for me, so much fun to play. Unfortunately the story doesn't vary a lot for me as far as LS/DS and male/female goes - so replayability is not nearly as good as K2 had, with different characters and influence trees to follow and such.

Both Canderous, Carth and Zaalbar can be made quite effective if you focus them on blades and melee fighting.. so you can actually easily be the "spellcaster" quite early off.. I always focused everyone (except the droids) on melee fighting as guns are utterly useless in the game compared to a quick flurry.

I usually played as Scoundrel/Consular which meant I weren't that good of a fighter.. But it was more fun as the game became a little (though not much) more challeging.

Fortune favors the bald.

Guest Accept

In KotOR II I always used Atton. And then it was either Mandalore, Bao-Dur or Handmaiden. :down:

Edited by Accept

KotOR I: Zaalbar and Bastila. Their strong. and Bastila knows the Heal Power.

KotOR II: Kreia (she makes me do evil things. and shes ****ing smart) and Mandalore. i need the muscle

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

In K1: I used the first time bastilla and carth. Then I found out they weren't that great. So the next times i played the game, i used Jolee and Zalabar because jolee cracks me up and zalabar is really strong and hard to kill.

In K2: I normally use visas and Atton. Every now and then i would put baro-dur(not sure on spelling) in cause i got tired of atton.

Guest Accept

Oh, yeah. I forgot about KotOR 1.

In KotOR 1 i always had Bastila and Carth in my party. I loved you guys... <3

In K1 I prity much only use Bastila and Jolee, and latter use juhani when Bastila is gone. I always do korriban last because you can't use Bastila there anyways.

Candurus can be useful if you powerup his repeating gun and give him master rapid fire. He'll deliver someware around 7 shots.

In K1 you had too many Jedis that could esily kill anything and had decent skills. This made using the non jedis seam pointless.

K2 I usually use Visas to hack everything down with fury with her db. She would be evan better is she could use Juyo and furry.

I also use Kriea for all her force attacks and buffs.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Candurus can be useful if you powerup his repeating gun and give him master rapid fire. He'll deliver someware around 7 shots.

In K1 you had too many Jedis that could esily kill anything and had decent skills. This made using the non jedis seam pointless.

Having ranged support can be REALLY useful - see my original post about HK saving the lives of 2 Jedi on the fine mission! ;)

How can you say that K1 has too many Jedi? K2 has WAY more Jedi in it...

But yes - non-jedi DID seem pretty useless in K1 - unless you wanted ranged support, or a droid to do hacking etc. Notice that nobody on this thread has said that they like using Mission...

Notice that nobody on this thread has said that they like using Mission...

Only time I really enjoyed Mission Vao's presence, was when I had Zaalbar kill her. She was pretty useless and annoying.. But in all fairness she was a ok interesting character, I just wished they'd made her more valuable to the party.

Fortune favors the bald.

Only time I really enjoyed Mission Vao's presence, was when I had Zaalbar kill her. She was pretty useless and annoying.. But in all fairness she was a ok interesting character, I just wished they'd made her more valuable to the party.

It is a little unfortunate. In these sort of games, however much they try to support intrigue, strategic playing and using stealth and stuff - old-fashioned hack 'n slash seems to work best. In Mission's case, anything she can do - someone else can do better. The basis of the scoundrel class (especially as she's created, and with persuade, stealth, etc) only really works in these games as the primary player - so you can customise them to your liking (and have the Jedi abilities added on later in the game).

I think a main reason Atton is popular in K2 is that he does become a Jedi later, and you pretty much HAVE to use him for quite a while. Plus the "man with a quick wit and a dark past" character is a lot more immersive than the "spoilt brat with Wookie bodyguard" character.

Having Mission trained as a Jedi would've cool to work through...

There's a mod that turns all that are flesh.

My preferred party for K1 is Canderous and Juhani, or Cath and Juhani, or Carth and Canderous. Because it's efficient. And Carth and Canderous are so dreamy.

I only use T3 and Mission for deactivating mines or if I need something opened or sliced.

Party choice is more varied for Kotor2. But for the same reasons, however I don't like them taking my kills.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Atton, Kreia, T3 and Bao-Dur, in various combinations. The earlier I meet a character in the game, the more likely I am to want to keep them around until the end.

Yeah - you tend to want to keep them around...like a loyalty thing...unless you REALLY don't like them :(

• 1 month later...

In K1 I used Jolee a ton as a ranged spellcaster, and then switched between Canderous and Carth. Used Canderrous on the Star Forge. Put him in Cassus Fetts armor and upgrade his gun all the way and you have a real beast when used with rapid shot. Used myself as the main close range damage machine. Didn't use other characters much. Just thought I had a good combination.

In K2 I used Kreia in the same role as I did Jolee in K1, and usually used Visas, Handmaiden, or Atton for melee. This allowed me to back off and use some force powers. Atton was really good once you got him to be a Jedi and used him with his Spirit ability. Kept coming back and dealing out the damage.