George has plans for 2 more live-action SW flicks

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270874,00.html

And here's a little news: Lucas tells me he will make two more live-action films based in the "Star Wars" era.

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."

The two extra films will also be made for TV and probably be an hour long each. But, like "Clone Wars," Lucas doesn't know where on TV they will land.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next thing you know, we'll find out it's a movie set in the KOTOR era...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

George needs a new idea.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I saw the mention of "George" as the title of this thread. I naturally assumed you were referring to George Lucas. I r correct. Therefore, I am going to participate minimally within this thread which has association with the big GL.

This is excellent news because GL will ride roughshod over the so-called SW canon with completely new characters, technical descriptions and general sources for all things SW. It will be carnage. It will be good.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This is excellent news because GL will ride roughshod over the so-called SW canon with completely new characters, technical descriptions and general sources for all things SW. It will be carnage. It will be good.

That would be awesome.

This news is duck

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'd like to see George do something new that is NOT SW related, although at this point, I think it's not too likely ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No, I mean something that's not a re-tread of a series that's known to make him money via a built-in audience.

Also, I'd be interested to see if he can still make a movie that isn't fantasy fluff - ala American Graffiti.

Not that fantasy fluff isn't great. I'd just be curious.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No, I mean something that's not a re-tread of a series that's known to make him money via a built-in audience.

Also, I'd be interested to see if he can still make a movie that isn't fantasy fluff - ala American Graffiti.

Not that fantasy fluff isn't great. I'd just be curious.

American Graffiti 2? Something from that era would be good.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I remember reading somewhere a few months after Ep3's release that George was "planning" a movie set many hundred years before Episode 1 which would feature a younger Yoda in some way. That article was giving the impression that Yoda will be the only character known to use from the other SW films. Maybe this is one of the films? :D

Edited by Accelerator

I think the live action series is (or will) be set after the clone wars and will deal with the fledgling Rebelion. Don't quote me on that, I could be remembering ideas that were kicking around a year or so back and they might have changed their minds by now.

The more projects George has on the go, the less he can directly interfere with (and thus ruin) any single one. So go for it, George. Give us another series of Ewoks while you're at it. :sorcerer:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

No, not Ewoks! :(

Ewoks - the TRUE evil of the SW Universe!

YUB YUB!!

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...