Spam

ghosta

Cuz it's spam foo'

Mmmmmm... *drool* spam fool....

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hutts eat anything. :brows:

Even their own heads?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All this talk of SPAM has made me hungry. I went out and bought SPAM today. I am just about to cook it up with rice and peas now, a few fresh chillis and some coriander.

-Elwood Blues

Hutts eat anything. :brows:

Even their own heads?

That's how Pizza the Hutt died.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I thought this was locked?

The delicious taste of SPAM cannot be denied.

-Elwood Blues

I don't like spam!!!!

spam spam spam spam spammitty spam!

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

I don't remember the taste of spam, though I believe I've had it before. It's popular in Hawaii because of it's portability, light weight, and preservative properties, so it can be shipped easily and whatnot. Everything in Hawaii costs more because stuff gets shipped in. I might be wrong, but that's what I heard.

Never have had spam and never will. Thats like trailer park food, or broke college students. No offense to anyone who lives in a trailer, I'm sure you are a very respectable and intelligent person who somehow found a way to have an internet connection installed.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

At work, a guy holding a water and three sticks of string cheese asked me how much the string cheese was. I told him, "25 cents." To which he responded, "You know you are 24 when all you have for dinner is water and string cheese." Poor guy must've not seen the SPAM on the next aisle.

I have a can of SPAM lying around in my kirchen drawer. I bought it six months ago out of curiosity. It's just... I have no clue what to with it >_

How are you supposed to eat that stuff?!?

And no, google search for spam gave 217,000,000 pages. Not sure where to start.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Try slicing it up into pieces and using it in place of ham or turkey on a ham or turkey sandwich.

Alternatively, slice it up and try to make it like bacon or something for breakfast.

Get creative and put it in your friends' shoes for an especially tasty treat. The options are limitless!

Edited by Blank

I have a can of SPAM lying around in my kirchen drawer. I bought it six months ago out of curiosity. It's just... I have no clue what to with it >_<

Use the proper noun, indicated with the first letter as a capital, as per agreement with the makers. Hormel originally were a little upset that their product had become a byword for unwanted, useless (and tasteless) crap, but then (I guess when they realised the amount of marketing it resulted in) they were happy as long as "spam" was the internet verbiage and "Spam" was their tasty product.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have a can of SPAM lying around in my kirchen drawer. I bought it six months ago out of curiosity. It's just... I have no clue what to with it >_

Use the proper noun, indicated with the first letter as a capital, as per agreement with the makers. Hormel originally were a little upset that their product had become a byword for unwanted, useless (and tasteless) crap, but then (I guess when they realised the amount of marketing it resulted in) they were happy as long as "spam" was the internet verbiage and "Spam" was their tasty product.

From the article you linked to...

According to Hormel's trademark guidelines, Spam should be spelled with all capital letters and treated as an adjective, as in the phrase SPAM luncheon meat.

I'll just stick with the SPAM All Uppercase Edition (thats what they print on the cans anyway) :)

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Try slicing it up into pieces and using it in place of ham or turkey on a ham or turkey sandwich.

Alternatively, slice it up and try to make it like bacon or something for breakfast.

Get creative and put it in your friends' shoes for an especially tasty treat. The options are limitless!

The simplest appetising dish I can think of would be soup. First you're going to want to set some finely chopped onions frying gently in a pan with only a little oil. While these are softening, crush a clove or two of garlic and sling these in. Next cube up about half your tin of SPAM and toss that into the oil on a high heat. If you have any paprika add it now. Once all this is fried up reasonably crunchy pour in a bunch of red lentils and some stock (lamb stock works best). Add a half teaspoon of peanut butter and stir. Simmer, while adding water and stirring until you have a thick soup - about half an hour.

My rice and SPAM was great, btw.

-Elwood Blues

What is the purpose of the peanut butter? In that small amount, it's probably not for really for taste - thickening? Wouldn't corn starch or flour work just as well or better?

And I don't know about other areas, but Spam doesn't seem very cheap here, per pound. I thought one of it's hallmarks was being cheap.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts