NWN2 1.06 Beta

Don't tell me what to do.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

No. I submitted a list to Rob some time ago and none of them are listed. Maybe they'll make it into the final 1.06, maybe 1.07, maybe never. I have little confidence in developers anymore. One of these days they might surprise me.

No. I submitted a list to Rob some time ago and none of them are listed. Maybe they'll make it into the final 1.06, maybe 1.07, maybe never. I have little confidence in developers anymore. One of these days they might surprise me.

Oh, don't be so sour. At least they are supporting the game after release. They are doing more for NWN2 than some other developers do.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

nwn2 is broken, and no amount of patches will be enough to fix it. Maybe instead of supporting it, they shouldnt have released a broken game.

I've heard some dumb comments in my time but this is the dumbest!, a patch can actually do anything the developer wishes to do to the game. This ranges from fixing bugs, and new game content and features through to new bugs, and removal of content and or features.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Gotta agree.

In what way "broken" exactly?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The most exciting thing for me is the Grany exporter that might be included in 1.06 http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=29125 it will allow animations, bone and rigging data to be exported into NWN2.

We have a time in the MotionCapture studio this weekend and I'll see if I can squeeze in some stuff suitable for NWN2 *

From a player's perspective, not exactly an exiting patchlist. Have they run out of things to fix in the single player campaign?

If you think the OC was broken, try to use the toolkit. You'll only end up with ONE corrupted module on a good day :yucky:

* random fact: The Kaft is a certified Mocap operator

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The Granny tool will be interesting. One thing I'd like to do, if possible, is increase the number of polys in the character models. Sure, it'd bog my current computer down, but by the time I got the project done I'd have a much faster machine. I'd have to take a crash course in 3D modeling, but I've yet to fail in anything I put my mind to.

Thanks, but I'll pass. And for the record I never thought the OC was broken. Unpolished sure, but not broken. So I was actually wondering if they had run ouf of OC issues (haven't played since prior to the 1.05 patch, so I wouldn't know)

Thanks, but I'll pass. And for the record I never thought the OC was broken. Unpolished sure, but not broken. So I was actually wondering if they had run ouf of OC issues (haven't played since prior to the 1.05 patch, so I wouldn't know)

Oh, there is plenty left to fix. A quick glance at the forum reveals multi-page threads just concerning broken feats and spells. And we wont even get into the seemigly endless amount of problems users have reported on the prestige classes. As far as I can tell, every single prestige class is broken with the exception of EK.

NWN2 was not playable for some after the 1.01 patch. I had to find workarounds for 3 gamestopping bugs that I wasn't alone in. It was unpolished at first, but the first patch broke it!

Well, its playable now. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

NWN2 was not playable for some after the 1.01 patch. I had to find workarounds for 3 gamestopping bugs that I wasn't alone in. It was unpolished at first, but the first patch broke it!

Different machines get different results. I never installed the patch until I was more than half way through the game. The only issues I had was a few random crashes to the desktop which I still get with it being patched.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Stealth is broken. Multiplayer is broken. Those are the two biggest. Wanna play a rogue? Too bad.

sure, the game is playable as in it runs and rarely crashes, but pretty much all the real content is either broken in implemented badly. They'd need a hundred patches like 1.06 to fix everything. Then again i guess thats what the mod community is for, fixing bugs the developers were too inept to fix in the beginning.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

What's wrong with stealth? I have played a rogue countless of times and it works well for me. Sneak behind a guy, BACK STAB! Sneak behind another guy, POCKET PICKING! It works fine.

They still need to fix touch attacks not applying sneak attacks!

sure, the game is playable as in it runs and rarely crashes, but pretty much all the real content is either broken in implemented badly. They'd need a hundred patches like 1.06 to fix everything. Then again i guess thats what the mod community is for, fixing bugs the developers were too inept to fix in the beginning.

Have you ever opened a .2da like feat.2da or spells.2da and looked at exactly how many things are in this game? There are literally thousands of entries. Abilities like stealth are extremely complicated. It's an ability that is supposed to function differently against a variety of factions depending on circumstances and different forms of it can be canceled or bypassed by individuals and groups in different ways.

We're not just running around here slipping on banana peels and puddles of drool. Some of these (many) things are actually pretty hard to diagnose and make work properly, much less to the expectations of players.