swoop racing in kotor 2

i dont know about any of you, but i hated the swoop racing in kotor 2.

the fact that you had to jump just pissed me off. it took the fun out of it. hell, the first time i was swoop racing in that game, i thought something was wrong cause i couldnt go anywhere after a point. and it was really dark.

anyone share my hate?

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

Yeah - Swoop racing in KOTOR II just plain sucks. Far too complex for a mini-game, and not nearly as entertaining as it was in 1.

Also - I've heard that it's broken in the PC version, where you can never actually win - if you ever did well enough to win the game would crash - don't know if that's still the case or not...

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Yeah - Swoop racing in KOTOR II just plain sucks. Far too complex for a mini-game, and not nearly as entertaining as it was in 1.

Also - I've heard that it's broken in the PC version, where you can never actually win - if you ever did well enough to win the game would crash - don't know if that's still the case or not...

As I recall the problem with winning the swoop game on the PC had to do with whether or not you had failed before. If you succeed on your first try it will correctly announce you as the winner, however if you lost and attempted to try again it would no longer recognize any future successes you had.

That said I much prefered the swoop racing in KotOR2 to that in KotOR. The new tracks were much more entertaining than those in the original and the obstacles on the course provided a new challenge. :-

The only one I can remember acctually doing in K2 was Onderon track, I'm not a big fan of doing it in either K1 but just for a little fun and of course being compulsory on Taris. I dont want to loose my money and the glitches are quite annoying, much more stuff was added in K2 that was really unnecessary and kinda ruined the fun.

I disliked it. I did enjoy it in the first game though.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The swoop racing in K1 was quite good-easy enough to get to grips with yet hard enough to be a challenge if you decided to play. The Racing in K2 was very poorly thought out, it feels like an idea someone dreamt up as being better than the first but which no one bothered to test properly. Its too hard to get to grips with and insanely difficult to play. I think someone did realise this at some point since racing in K2 was not required and there was no real help if you decided to have a race-unlike Pazzak which you could practice with Atton. I get the feeling that it was kept in as padding, but secretly everyone was hoping no one would notice it was there.

Not really, no.

I liked the boost pad idea, jump wasn't that good an idea, and the mines were jsut another name for floating obstacles.

However, the Onderon track rules.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I suppose, I think you should race against other swoops instead of just having to do it as a time trial. The only swoop tracks I did in K1 was Taris (yeah, because of course thats compulsory) and Manaan I think.

• 2 months later...
Not really, no.

I liked the boost pad idea, jump wasn't that good an idea, and the mines were jsut another name for floating obstacles.

However, the Onderon track rules.

There were boost pads in kotor 1...and obstacles.....just no jumping....you kinda contradicted youreself....

And KOTOR 1 swooping was DEFFINATELY better than KOTOR 2

I hated swoop racing in both 1 and 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It is possible to glitch / cheat the system if you want to win just for the sake of completing it:

Just pause the game when you get very close to a wall, then forfeit the match, if you bump into the wall after quitting, it should allow you to win credits and complete the tier