What did you want to be?

Lord Mayyn

One of my earliest (school) memories is back when my (second-grade, IIRC) teachers invited us to read from a bookcase, and I asked if I might be allowed to write some. (They said yes.) Kinda makes me have to confront the fact that I really want to write, even though I've been avoiding it for my entire adult life (as it isn't a safe career).

My other passion was astronomy. I'm still thinking to get a master's degree in astronomy. Digital processing of space images is an attractive subject.

Actually, I'm just about to do some tertiary-level astronomy. I have been thinking about learning more about it for a while.

You may find this interesting. The mother of all supernova's!

Cool! :brows:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ah thank you that was very informative. I don't really have an idea whatsoever what I would do in law but I'm currently in the works of getting a business admin degree and well law school is expensive as all hell so I would most likely be going to UNLV, if they even have a law program there or the university of Las Vegas, I think they have one for sure. But it's kind of like my bro's could be future wife's dad is a partner in his own firm, makes like a mill a year. So you know if I went to law school maybe i could get hired by him but if not I just wanted to know what the job opportunities were like from someone who knows. Nepotism for the win plz.

You're welcome. UNLV seems to host the only accredited law school in Nevada. Law school is expensive, but one advantage of grad school in general is that your parents aren't claiming you as a dependent anymore, so, if you go to a public school in a different state, you can usually qualify for the in-state tuition rate after your first year or so.

And, of course, it goes without saying that you should definitely do whatever you can to get your brother to seal the deal with this chick.

It's not about your commitment and talent, it has a lot to do with luck, too. (Unless you are just interested in writing ANYTHING to make money, then you can become quite successful writing newpaper columns or advertisement scripts, etc.)

I

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Dibs on Enoch as my huge Samoan attorney.

Although the first modifier depends greatly upon your frame of reference, and the second modifier is flat-out untrue, my advice to you is to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine.

...Just so long as we don't stop. This is bat country. *searches for hunter s thompson emoticon*

Anyway... I thought that proramming was only mad hectic when it was badly planned?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's like saying a restaurant kitchen is only hectic when there are a lot of people wanting to eat.

Also, this: :shifty: is a good Hunter S Thompson emoticon.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

o RLY? :ermm:

I can't make the damn thing work!

But luckily meta can!

Edited by metadigital
blithering incompetence in the face of smilies

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I didn't really want to become anything when I was a kid.

Now, I'm 27 and still at university. Makes sense, actually.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

When I was 7 I wanted to be the hero of whatever media product I was consuming at the time. It didn't work quite so well ocne I got into RPGs.

Now I'm 19 and going into postgraduate in media studies in a few months. I guess I'm planning to get into journalism in some form after transmutating my major and moving to north america.

I'll let you know how it goes, I'll likely still be here.

Oh, and no, I never did consume any media with a journalist protagonist as a kid. Well, Tintin, but he always looks like he'd never, ever pick up a girlfriend.

But luckily meta can!

You filthy swine!

-Elwood Blues

Meh, what i want to be later is either a 2d/3d artist for games (concept art and all that graphic stuff), or something in the medical industry, preferably not the guy that cuts open people.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I wanted to be a harpsichordist, still do, I blame the Adams Family, but when I heard this my wiered fascination became stronger. But for now I'm working on being a violinist, baroque of course. Waiting to see if the file will upload......

I don't think it will. Nope :brows:<---Click. It's the Fandango.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Guess I always wanted to make games since i can recall, when I was 5 I used to design maps for RPG's... I wrote simplistic programs at 6, and ever since I've been chasing the dream well except for that brief stint playing music between the ages of 15-18...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

There was a brief moment in time when I wanted to be an astronaut, but then I got a little older and realized it wouldn't be like in Star Trek ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

when i was young, i wanted to be a cowboy. that died after i was 8

then i wanted to be an astronaut. and i still want to be, but i dont wanna be stuck just in orbit.

at 10, i wanted to be a chef, like and little fat kid

at 14, i wanted to be a satanic solder. only after i was watching Spawn.

after 17, my dreams kinda died.

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

when i was young, i wanted to be a cowboy. that died after i was 8

then i wanted to be an astronaut. and i still want to be, but i dont wanna be stuck just in orbit.

at 10, i wanted to be a chef, like and little fat kid

at 14, i wanted to be a satanic solder. only after i was watching Spawn.

after 17, my dreams kinda died.

Well, how does your perfect day go?

-Elwood Blues

for quite some time, when young(er), Gromnir wanted to be a corpsman serving with a marine unit, but on those surveys/tests at high school where they ask/tell you what occupation might be appropriate for you, we always indicated that our career goal were to be Pope.

am still thinking that we would make a damn fine Pope.

oh, and we has met all criteria on vol's list... though probably not how he means. lawyer? check. we has been paid for some of our scribblings, though not 'nuff to survive, and we has played sports as a professional, but not one of major pro leagues likes NFL or mlb or some such... ironman arena football for a summer, back when it were just getting started.

as for hot... dunno. am considered attractive for the ambulatory fireplug we resemble. do better than ok with the ladies w/o much effort. am not sure if that = hot though. typical we dates hot women. proof and pudding?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

A friend of mine wanted desperately to be a tail-gunner. He went to sign-up and was distraught, disappointed and disgusted when he was told that there was no such position (since the end of WW2). :rolleyes:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A friend of mine wanted desperately to be a tail-gunner. He went to sign-up and was distraught, disappointed and disgusted when he was told that there was no such position (since the end of WW2). :down:

If he absolutely has his heart set on it aren't there some old Soviet planes that had tail gunners? From the sixties. They're bound to be running somewhere in Africa.

-Elwood Blues

Artist, until I realized I had not a shred of artistic talent, then an astronaut, then a long period of nothing, and now I don't think that far anymore.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

A friend of mine wanted desperately to be a tail-gunner. He went to sign-up and was distraught, disappointed and disgusted when he was told that there was no such position (since the end of WW2). :down:

If he absolutely has his heart set on it aren't there some old Soviet planes that had tail gunners? From the sixties. They're bound to be running somewhere in Africa.

Too late, he's got a degree in Ancient History and followed it up with law, and now he pratices the latter in Papua New Guinea.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT