What did you want to be?

Lord Mayyn

I'm not sure what you mean by today's vision of a cowboy. Bull riding is more popular than ever. The term cowboy covers a wide range of jobs and demographics. Sure, there is a stereotype, but I don't know why that would keep you from a childhood dream.

I used to want to be a police officer. I ended up teaching middle school. I had a cop once comment about how my job is dangerous, so I guess I achieved my childhood dream in some fashion.

An assassin with a split personality.

I became a psychologist.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I won't know if I became what I wanted to be until after I'm dead.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Veterinarian, then a novelist, then a biologist.

I became a spoiled housewife instead. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Veterinarian, then a novelist, then a biologist.

I became a spoiled housewife instead. :-

does spoiled husband count as a job?

:crosses fingers:

if not, either voice actor or game designer. instead I'm a corporate counter boy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm thinking of being in an administrative position within the city or a manager in some faceless corporation, or becoming a lawyer for businesses or just do business law stuff hopefully in my bros maybe future wifes dads firm. I'd also like to dabble in some investments and trading but who knows I still have to get my degree and then if i decide, I need to get into law school, so yeah anywhere from 5 to 10 years we will see to what extent how much the rest of my life will suck due to focusing on my career instead of pursuing things like joy and happiness.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I wanted to fly.

I started to study languages instead.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

... And history (and Rome: Total Realism)! >_<

No, I don’t want to be an architect.

I used to want to be an architect, I became an electronics engineer, and I still want be an architect.

Maybe I can give you some advice or something. :yucky:

I want to become a writer and/or actor. And guess what? I’m confident that I’ll succeed in becoming a writer, an actor, or both. Of course I’m prepared for the very possible possibility that I’ll fail, thus I haven’t set myself up for disappointment, but… I like my chances. What can I say? I’m optimistic to the point of almost being self-delusional. :lol:

It's not about your commitment and talent, it has a lot to do with luck, too. (Unless you are just interested in writing ANYTHING to make money, then you can become quite successful writing newpaper columns or advertisement scripts, etc.)

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Would be nice to fly into space.

Isn’t being meta-human satisfying enough?

Nothing is ever enough!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

History is awesome, but i doubt I'd ever like to make it into a profession.

There's a lot to learn and a lot more to teach, but I doubt it is for me. I don't have the devotion.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

As a small kid, I wanted to build stuff (didn't really know the title for it back then). Much to the frustration of my surroundings, as everything was a potential building material and everything was subjected to being hammered, nailed, screwed, glued, taped and stapled together... *ahem*

As a teenager, I wanted to study biology and biochemistry, both of which was my passion in highschool.

As a young man, I wanted to be a programmer and so, for good and for ill, I started on my current carreer path.

I guess I have driven it as far as I can in my current line of work (technical manager in a software development company), so the "what do you want to be" question is a bit hard to answer. Perhaps I might want to go full circle some day, assuming I make enough money to retire early, go back and start studying biology and biochemistry again >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Actually, to be honest I'm pretty much doing exactly what I've always wanted to do. :bat: I heartily recommend it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wanted to work with people - like a psychologist or something to that extent.. then I wanted to be a lawyer (since I could always talk myself out of trouble) then I wanted to be writer/poet.

In my life I've worked in rehabs, kindergardens, studied English for a while, went traveling through Africa.. Now I'm a Sales Representative (I don't know why)..

I'm gonna study History and English in a few years and ultimately become a teacher (in a kinda unique Scandinavian school branch).. I've kept to true to the "work with people" though!

Fortune favors the bald.