Which Polyhedral Are You?

ramza

"You are the large, round, friendly d20! (You probably didn't know this, but the shape of the twenty-sided die is called an Icosahedron.) You are the friendly, outgoing, outspoken, leader of friends. You are often looked up to, even though you don't normally deserve it. Most other types secretly wish they were you, and you'd give them tips on how, if only you had a clue yourself. Your charisma is often all you need, but you have your occasional moments of brilliance as well--just never when it's actually needed. You are the all-around good guy, a dependable chum, a respectable foe, and an inspiration to those who need one. Who says you can't get by on a smile and good looks alone?"

How do you use two d10's for a d100? I figure the probability is each die will land on a single digit number then you take each number and combine them to make a percentile right? (EG: roll 1 = 7, roll 2 = 5, total = 75) But what if you roll one or two 10's?

The first number rolled is the 10s digit, the second number rolled is the 1s digit.

Two 10s would be 10 for the hundred, 0 for the 1. 100.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Seems okay, but how'd you get 1-10?

A 0 on the "tens" die, and 1-9 on the "ones" die give you 01-09. You get a 10 with a 1 on the "tens" and a 0 on the "ones."

I had been using d10s to generate percentiles for years before I ever saw that someone made a d100.

Edit: And I'm a d6.

Edited by Enoch

How do you use two d10's for a d100? I figure the probability is each die will land on a single digit number then you take each number and combine them to make a percentile right? (EG: roll 1 = 7, roll 2 = 5, total = 75) But what if you roll one or two 10's?

You poor Americans dont think metrically, roll once for the tens and once for the ones or use different coloured dies. 3, 4, = 34. you get the idea.

A die:0 and B die:0 = 100

A die:0 and B die:1 = 1.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Figures that Sand is a D100. And since he forgot here is his description :woot:

There's two ways to end up with this result. Either you picked the silliest possible answer to each question, or you answered honestly, and happen to be hyperactive, manic, loon. Assuming you answered honestly, your profile is as follows: You are the 100-sided dice, also known as the legendary Zocchihedron. You are the bit of data that registers so far off the chart that the average person doesn't even know you exist. You are desperate for attention and will get it any way you can. Your jokes have the lowest laugh ratio, but you go for quantity, not quality. Once you get started on a pointless tangent, it takes a group effort to bring you back to reality and make you shut up. You are a distraction who is permanently distracted. You consider yourself silly and entertaining, but everyone else complains about how lame and annoying you are. The one secret they aren't telling you, is how they sometimes actually miss the noise when you're gone.

Anyway, here is my result:

sarcastic.jpg

No use trying to fight it, you're an eight-sided die, a d8. A fine example of simple elegance, the d8 is one of the least appreciated types of dice, and is often neglected. You are known to be quiet and shy, outward traits that conceal viscous sarcasm and mean wit. You are very smart, yet wise enough to hide your intelligence the quicker they found out how smart you are, the sooner they'll put you to work, which is something you can do without. People call you dark and pessimistic, or moody and cynical. You find little point in arguing.

sarcastic.jpgsurprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

This survey is completely scientific. Despite the mind-boggling complexity of mankind, the billions of distinctly different personalities found on Earth can easily be divided into seven simple categories that correspond to the five Platonic solids, a pseudo polyhedron, and whatever the hell a d100 is. The results of this quiz should be considered not only meaningful but also infallible, and pertinent to your success as a fully realized individual. If you feel the results of this examination do not match your perceived personality, you should take whatever drastic measures are needed to cram your superego back into proper alignment, as described by the quiz results.

And if you believe that, we have some really great critical-hit insurance to sell you.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

pointy.jpg

You are a four-sided die, a d4. Otherwise known as a tetrahedron, a "Caltrop", or (to a lesser degree) "Ol' Pointy". This crap bores you, so I'll get to the point. Others tend to see you as petty, conniving, manipulative, argumentative, defensive, greedy, and needlessly antagonistic. You see yourself as focused, effective, efficient, influencing, shrewd, tactical, and direct. Both points of view are in fact correct. You always know the best way to get things done, a fact that never wins sympathy with others. Whenever you manage to gain control of a situation, your solutions are swift and brutal. Unfortunately everyone else is convinced that granting you such power is, "a bad thing" and often conspire to keep it out of your hands. Such short-sighted fools!

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

You are the rare, the overlooked, yet incredibly useful dodecahedron: the d12. You are a creative, romantic soul. You often act without thinking, but make up for your lack of plans with plenty of heart. You easily solve problems that stump others, but your answers tend to put you into even deeper trouble. You write long, detailed backgrounds for all your characters, and are most likely to dress up as one or get involved in cos-play. You can be silly at times and are easily distracted by your own day dreams, but are at the end of the day you're someone who can be depended on.

Let

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

viscous

n adjective having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.

DERIVATIVES

viscously adverb

viscousness noun

ORIGIN

Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French viscous or late Latin viscosus, from Latin viscum 'birdlime'.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

viscous

n adjective having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.

DERIVATIVES

viscously adverb

viscousness noun

ORIGIN

Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French viscous or late Latin viscosus, from Latin viscum 'birdlime'.

I know what viscous means. :- How could sarcasm be considered viscous though? Vicious perhaps, but viscous?

You must be very pleased with your waistline, then. :-"

Hey, I've just got large bones. :Cant's holding back the tears icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If you're asking about viscous, then you obviously haven't needed a word to describe how thick a liquid is. Viscosity is a measurable quality of oils, to use the most obvious and widespread example. Some oils need a higher viscosity to ensure they keep engine parts coated, even when the engine is off, for example; lower viscosity means higher transport speed from one area of application to a linked one.

There is also a need for a way to describe solids that act as liquids, like glaciers and glass, over centuries.

It is not unusual to describe someone's sarcasm as "dripping" from their words/lips. Making it more viscous means adding more potency, for one thing.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Making it more viscous means adding more potency, for one thing.

Like a runny nose...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein