Ending of KOTOR 2 *SPOILER* (for storyline)

I played KOTOR 1, and was a big fan, then i finally got around to playing KOTOR 2 a few weeks ago, and then i reached the end.

Is that really the ending?

I mean -- what happens to the droids outside?

Did Kreia just .. die? was that it? I mean was that all? Why go to all the trouble of developing your team mates persona, just to have them removed from the end game completely?

Is it just me with a broken version of the game that got shipped without anything that looks like a proper ending?

Please someone tell me, that some games got shipped without a proper ending by mistake or something?

If its really the intended ending, is there anyway to get your money back, if I show up with my game, receipt, box and manual and say... please please please, give me my money back, or is there somewhere I can donate a large amount of money to get the developers to create a "Fix/patch" that includes the actual, non/odd storyless ending?

And yes, by this time its properly old news, I've seen other people complain about the ending too, but i simply cannot find any official statement on why the game ending seems to be, well, missing, really?

You are right to trust your instincts. The game was stressed to a way too early release, and thus much content had to be cut from the game, including any acceptable endings. There are people working on restoring most of the cut content, but only for PC. For Xbox, it seems the game will always be "wounded"

And No, you wont get yor money back. This is the official version, and everyone has got the same crappy endings.

Edited by The Dark Master

Sanity is for the weak!

If you have the pc version you can brouse through the files and find unused voice files and dialogue. Team Giza has the cut Moduals to m4 the droid planet avalable for downloade. the TSLRP thread should be on the front page of the forum topics page.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Team Giza is working on restoring as much of the missing content as they can, and they've been working on it for a while now. (I'm not going to tempt fate by saying they are almost done).

Check the link for TSLRP to get some more information about this mod. You can also find more information else where on the board here.

(I'm not going to tempt fate by saying they are almost done).

Too late, haha.

To the OP: yes, that was the end. K2 was pushed out after (I believe) 12 months of development, and as a result, much of the end-game content was cut. As said, there is a restoration project that has been going on for some time, and it will hopefully make the ending much better than the "official" one. They'd certainly have a difficult time making it worse.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Well, there's a beta downloadable mod out there right now for those of you who can't wait for TSLRP to release. :ermm:

Its not the full thing but it adds a few segments to the Nihilus dialogue, and also a few unnecessary things, but the most significant thing is that it modified the ending at Malachor V to solve the confrontation between G0-T0 and Remote. :)

There is also another mod which reconstructs the HK droid factory (And hence the HK-47 unresolved quest about the vocabulizer can be finished) and adds it into the storyline. However, this mod also adds a new party member called HK-49 with his own dialogue which replaces G0-T0. Sad, because I want the game in its original form with G0-T0....

Anyway, you can find the mods here:

1) Nihilus extra/Visas sacrifice/Remote-G0T0 ending mod:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...ancements;77410

2) HK Droid Factory Reconstructed:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...nstructed;75971

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Accelerator

Man I wish some of these mods were available on xbox :ermm:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

I believe that theoretically these files can be edited into KOTOR 2 for the Xbox (since Xbox uses a modified Windows 2000 anyway), but this would require creating a duplicate CD which is illegal. :ermm:

And of course I'd never EVER do that - especially while writing on the Obsidian Forums

*whistles innocently*

Seriously though :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Buy the PC version since it should be dirt cheap and download the TSLRP mod when they get it done.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well, there's a beta downloadable mod out there right now for those of you who can't wait for TSLRP to release. :)

Its not the full thing but it adds a few segments to the Nihilus dialogue, and also a few unnecessary things, but the most significant thing is that it modified the ending at Malachor V to solve the confrontation between G0-T0 and Remote. :shifty:

There is also another mod which reconstructs the HK droid factory (And hence the HK-47 unresolved quest about the vocabulizer can be finished) and adds it into the storyline. However, this mod also adds a new party member called HK-49 with his own dialogue which replaces G0-T0. Sad, because I want the game in its original form with G0-T0....

Anyway, you can find the mods here:

1) Nihilus extra/Visas sacrifice/Remote-G0T0 ending mod:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...ancements;77410

2) HK Droid Factory Reconstructed:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...nstructed;75971

Enjoy ;)

Hey, neat. I might re-install KotOR again soon ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT