Most realistic FPS

I'm interested in fiding the best combat FPS games as measured by tehir realism. How sacry are they? How sensibly do they make you behave?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Id say Rainbow Six: Vegas is the best realistic shooter you can get now. The only other game that has a similar dodge-behind-cover system is Gears of War and its definently not realistic.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have Red Orchestra and it is EXTREMELY reralistic so to speak.

I prefer America's Army to be honest though It's very realistic too, but "funnier" (or something) to play than RO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

crysis :yucky:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

A lot of these suggestions really come down to, specifically, what type of gameplay you want in your realistic shooter. Rainbow Six, from what I've heard, is all about keeping a small squad alive. Typically your handling hostage situations and you need to think very carefully about how you respond in a situation rather than just trying to stay alive.

Battlefield games are all about multiplayer survival. Sure, you can work in a squad, or you can lone wolf it. The fact is death comes easily, but can be avoided with caution and care.

Operation Flashpoint has a great single player campaign and focuses around a realistic military feel. I guess Armed Assault is a spiritual sequel?

But what setting are you looking for? That's a major question too.

Great to have so many responses. I don't particularly mind setting, although firearms are key. I'm interested in whether you think it has the same... logic ... as a real battlefield. Op Flashpoint would be one of my top ones, but for two things: opponents are fething clairvoyant about spotting you over immense distances. A Red Army soldier once shot me from nearly 500 meteres away because he 'saw' me as I was lying under a hedge with 100m of wood between us, with no preamble of violence. Nor does combat have any side effects ioke confusing the hell out of you.

Arma Assault really interests me, but I haven't the cash just now to be able to buy it. On the other hand the USMC have licensed a variant of ArmA as training tool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

ArmA is painfully realistic.

Otherwise:

-the original Rainbow Six series up to RavenShield

-Swat series

-Ghost Recon (Excluding the Advance War series)

But in all, the true hardcore realistic FPS is Operation Flashpoint and ArmA. Try downloading ArmA demo Wals and don't forget to patch the demo itself.

Edited by Zoma

-the original Rainbow Six series up to RavenShield

I really loved Rainbow Six (haven't played Lockdown nor Vegas yet though) but it contained some moments where the AI was showing off its brilliance, especially doors could be very dangerous opponents...

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for PC was realistic. In fact it was a bit too tactical I couldn't beat it.

Except that you could take 3-4 hits before going down and being wounded didn't even slow you down. In the original, each hit was a potential killer and if you survived, you definitely felt that you were injured.

The original Ghost Recon (and it's expansions) was a fantastic game (although the sniper rifle was a bit overpowered). GRAW didn't hook me the same way at all.

What about FEAR? Oh wait, the story isn't realistic...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Nor the gameplay

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I still love Deus Ex 1 and 2, though I'm not a great fan of linear shooters. I don't care about halo, so I'm not going to bother with a 360. Yeah, I only played halo 2 once. Don't care. It's really quite ****ed.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.