Starcraft 2 on the brink of announcement?

Starcraft's hero system allowed for the right blend of rpg and strategy to take place and to allow online map makers to design some pretty nice maps.

DOW is about moving quickly and trying to tech up at the same time in order to achieve victory over your opponent. Because of it's resource model aggressive thinking is one of the requirements to achieve victory. Starcraft on the other hand, you can move MUCH slower from your starting point and slowly branch out with only two major resourcing points other than your starting area. Right now Relic is having a hell of a time trying to balance all seven races against each other (necons being able to rez over pop cap, the Kroot beasts of doom being able to murder anything that comes up against it except for possibly grey knights). while blizzard was able to balance the three races of SC against eachother fairly quickly and would address problems swiftly

Battle.net is also one of the beautiful things of starcraft.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Starcraft's hero system allowed for the right blend of rpg and strategy to take place and to allow online map makers to design some pretty nice maps.

Starcraft didn't have heroes.

DOW is about moving quickly and trying to tech up at the same time in order to achieve victory over your opponent. Because of it's resource model aggressive thinking is one of the requirements to achieve victory.

That's exactly what Starcraft is all about, which is why i consider one to the spiritual successor of the other.

I think it's my turn to say: are you sure you played the game?

Edited by Lyric Suite

Starcraft didn't have heroes.

Yes it did, not in MP tho. And not with RPG elements.

O, BTW, Starcraft is the best all around RTS EVER. No discussion. No debate. Just except it.

Edited by kumquatq3

O, BTW, Starcraft is the best all around RTS EVER. No discussion. No debate. Just except it.

You mean "accept" it.

And yes, Starcraft is still the RTS king. But can there be also a Chess 2?

Evil tongues however claim Blizzard will reveal a Starcraft MMO instead of SC2 later this month. :)

OTH Blizzard works on several projects currently, so a RTS sequel is not excluded. There's still the BlizzCon in August, another perfect timeframe to announce maybe another project.

Edited by Morgoth

Evil tongues however claim Blizzard will reveal a Starcraft MMO instead of SC2 later this month. :devil:

OTH Blizzard works on several projects currently, so a RTS sequel is not excluded. There's still the BlizzCon in August, another perfect timeframe to announce maybe another project.

"No, that rumor is not true in regard to Blizzard," Blizzard told GameSpot. "We believe that the rumor circulating about this subject is based on a misinterpretation of information provided to industry analysts. We do not currently have any MMO development plans beyond the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, and furthermore, we don't have any intentions to focus on only one genre or platform with our future games."

Source

Edited by Thingolfin

Evil tongues however claim Blizzard will reveal a Starcraft MMO instead of SC2 later this month. :devil:

"No, that rumor is not true in regard to Blizzard," Blizzard told GameSpot. "We believe that the rumor circulating about this subject is based on a misinterpretation of information provided to industry analysts. We do not currently have any MMO development plans beyond the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, and furthermore, we don't have any intentions to focus on only one genre or platform with our future games."

Source

Check your sources. That one is from 06/14/2006. 11 months ago and is in response to an old rumor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

According to a friend who works at Blizzard, they are currently working on SC2 which is an RTS, Diablo 3 which is currently a single player action RPG, though it could become an MMO at some point. And they are working the beginning stages of a new MMO that is supposedly going to be a new IP. It is for this last project that all the want adds are referring.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

According to a friend who works at Blizzard, they are currently working on SC2 which is an RTS, Diablo 3 which is currently a single player action RPG, though it could become an MMO at some point. And they are working the beginning stages of a new MMO that is supposedly going to be a new IP. It is for this last project that all the want adds are referring.

Sometimes it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I have a friend working at Blizzard. He says they're making the KOTOR MMO.

Mr friend at Blizzard says they've spent the last couple years trying to finish a really hard jigsaw puzzle.

My friend at Blizzard says your friend at Blizzard *bleep*s goats.

Mr friend at Blizzard says they've spent the last couple years trying to finish a really hard jigsaw puzzle.

Starcraft Ghost. WHEEEE!

Maybe they didn't cancel it and it was only a publicity stunt...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

My friend at Blizzard says your friend at Blizzard *bleep*s goats.

My friend at Blizzard could kick your friend at Blizzard's ass.

... Helped you move ... what? :rolleyes:

bowels

Yeah, I've heard countless rumors about this whole thing.

"It's Starcraft 2!"

"It's Diablo 3!"

"It's a Starcraft MMORPG!"

Personally, I would be ecstatic about any one of those. :rolleyes:

EDIT: If it is a Starcraft MMORPG that might explain the lack of Shaman love from Blizzard lately. WF nerf...meh! *raises off topic shield*

Edited by TravisPennington

Well, even if it is an MMO, it should be mentioned that it wouldn't be released for another 3-4 years. WoW took about 6 years to develop, maybe seven. Even if the alleged Starcraft MMO has been in development secretly for a couple years, you can expect it will still take awhile for them to even reach the closed beta phase, and that alone took two years for WoW.

So it wouldn't really be competition for WoW, it would simply be a next generation game.