Knights of the Old Republic MMO?

Guest Accept

Guest Accept

Um. Yeah, well...

This article came up on a Swedish Gaming-news site today, and... well, i'll translate directly from Swedish to english:

"Knights of the Old Republic MMO?

A dream coming true for many, perhaps. According to Electroing Gaming Monthly, Bioware have created a team with a mission to create a Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

Electronic Gaming Monthly also reports about a few other rumors circulating around BioWare. One of them, for example, is that Dragon Age is under development to the Playstation 3.

This is only rumours, tho, so don't go all crazy about it - since nothing is officiall yet."

And here's a link directly to the "rumour" ---> http://www.fz.se/nyhetsarkiv/?id=19196 (Don't think too many of you can read swedish, tho.)

Well... i don't know what i shall believe. >_<

If there is this, a MMO, instead of a KotOR III - Offline version, then i'll cry blood... :sad:

Edited by Accept

Electronic Gaming Monthly also reports about a few other rumors circulating around BioWare. One of them, for example, is that Dragon Age is under development to the Playstation 3.

This alone disregards whole news. Dragon Age will be PC ONLY game. PC ONLY.

PC ONLY.

PC ONLY. You got that? >_<

Also, Bio has stated they'll stick with their own IP's from now on. Not a single license game coming from them. Ever again.

Bio IS developing MMORPG currently though

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest Accept

This alone disregards whole news. Dragon Age will be PC ONLY game. PC ONLY.

PC ONLY.

PC ONLY. You got that? :)

Also, Bio has stated they'll stick with their own IP's from now on. Not a single license game coming from them. Ever again.

Bio IS developing MMORPG currently though

Hmkay'.

Well, i practicly don't know a thing about Dragon Age, so i didn't even know that it was marked as "PC ONLY"... :p

But, ah, the dream is still there. >_<

A Kotor MMO is a nightmare, not a dream.

MMO's don't have stories or plots. And Kotor NEEDS a story. It would suck, since you'd never be able to finish the game, therefore not advancing at all in the Kotor timeline.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest Accept

MMO's don't have stories or plots. And Kotor NEEDS a story. It would suck, since you'd never be able to finish the game, therefore not advancing at all in the Kotor timeline.

That's kinda my opinion too.

The main-strenght of the KotOR-games has been the stories. Both of them have been just completly awesome, imo. And a huge part of the game(s) relied on it.

And me personally would be prefer a KotOR-offline-game anyday instead of a MMO, as told.

A disappointment, certainly, if it means Kotor3 won't happen. There was an interview a while back in which a LucasArts person said they weren't going to let the Kotor franchise die. Some of us were kind of hoping that was a hint about Kotor3, but it may have been a reference to this MMO project. The rumour about the MMO has bounced onto a number of sites now, though it does remain nothing more than a rumour. :bat:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Only too true, MMO would definately be a disaster.

For one it will kill the KotOR series IMO, people will just be running around with no aim traversing the galaxy:

"HAII UR A GURL CAN YOU BE MY GF?!"

"LETS R GRIND 4 QUESTS PL0X"

"I R WANT TO BE REVAN, MY EXILE PWNS J00RS"

Stuff like that, but I think they should create KotOR3 over a KotOR MMO, but a KotOR MMO isnt that bad of an idea, it would be like Galaxies but the Old Republic Genre which I personally perfer. But still I think that it should be a secondary thing something made long after KotOR3 or untill the KotOR series has come to a halt.

MMO's tend to require far more development time than a normal game-at least twice the time as you need far more to do, and you have the potential for more glitches/bugs. If they are talking about one now chances are I would think it would be intended to come out after KOTOR 3 (assuming they make KOTOR 3). This could be both good and bad. If they make a KOTOR MMO they would want to bring it out as close to KOTOR 3 as they could-extra interest/promotion. This would mean that KOTOR might have a much longer development time than TSL-a good thing I'm sure most of you would agree in the long run (providing they start K3 at the same time as the MMO). Of course that could also mean that we have longer to wait-maybe two years or more for K3. Then there is the little fact that K3 could, like TSL, be pushed into a release before its fully finished simply so the MMO gets its free advertising if they fail to grant the developers enough time. The MMO would, of course, bring in more money via subscription than a stand alone game and this could screw up priorities, leaving K3 as the poor man of the series.

Might they be considering a new MMO? I think its likely it is being considered at some level to replace Galaxies-which doesn't seem to getting much if any love-and releasing one basied on the KOTOR series would make sense. If they do I can't see them dropping K3, but the real question would be if they understand that a good K3 could give the MMO a very big headstart when its released......if they don't do K3, or do a bad job they could run into problems......

Wasn't Star Wars Galaxies nicknamed KOTOR Online by a few pundits way back when?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wasn't Star Wars Galaxies nicknamed KOTOR Online by a few pundits way back when?

Pundits and players.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I hope it's not a Kotor MMO vs a Kotor3.

I personally find MMO's fun to play for a couple months at a time, just like any other game, perhaps, but the MMO as a constant fad on the whole is rather ... dull.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think it should be a MMORPG but that's just me, unless of course they release two different versions of the game sort of set in the same time frame yet with different things happening that lead up to the climax. That 'might' work. These are just rumours yet, so let's not go jumping to conclusions.

KotORsig.jpg

Guest Accept
Well, seing a game with thousands of other players waving their lightsabers around is just, well..

It's the suxxz0rz, yes.

Guest The Architect

A KotOR MMO made by BioWare has got to be right up there with one of the worst ideas for another KotOR game I

Edited by The Architect

A KotOR MMO would be a dream come true but im not betting on it myself.

First off Bioware been very clear they only interested in their own IPs and KotOR is not one of them.

Im hoping Lucas Arts does make a kotor mmorpg but after they make kotor3 (for xbox 360 only).

A Kotor mmorpg wou;ld be a huge seller and a bonified hit from word go, hopefully it does happen but its not going to be Bioware making it im afraid.

What an absolute joke. This will be like WoW was to the Warcraft series - only worse. :yucky::x

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

What an absolute joke. This will be like SWG was to the Star Wars Original Trilogy series - only worse. :yucky::x

fix'd

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I actually meant that the chances of Blizzard making Warcraft 4 are exceedingly slim now because of WoW, so if they make a Kotor MMO, the chances of them making Kotor3 are going to go down.

Although I like your analogy too :unsure:

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Im hoping Lucas Arts does make a kotor mmorpg but after they make kotor3 (for xbox 360 only) for PC only.

Fyxed.

KotOR MMO would suck wang, it would be full of little 10 year old n33bs, like in WoW join the alliance and just run around wasting their time having no idea what the game is about. Replace WoW with KotOR and alliance with Jedi and you pretty much have the future of this KotOR MMO.

Edited by Sturm

I think we all agree to it that Kotor III MMO should never be made. If it would help I would suggest a website where we could vote against this terrible idea.

If there are people who would like to see this I guess they should simply build new SW galaxies content to set it in Kotor time. That's not a lot of work really.

Put away the stormtroopers / rebels, all those VIP's from that time and put the characters we know from Kotor in there. Set it during the JCW or Mandalorian wars and Lucasarts is all done.

The company probably only cares about money anyway.

Master Vandar lives!