Question from fans -- How well did NWN2 end up selling?

Tasaio

Hi,

Many fans would be interested in how well NWN2 sold. Did it meet expectations, fall short, or surpass them?

In November, Feargus remarked "It's actually selling very well." But that was November, when the game was just released.

My local Future Shop still has the game for $59.99. I take that as a sign that it's still selling well...

Thanks for any clarification!

IIRC it was one of the three best selling Atari products of 2006 III, other ones were DBZ game and game-which-name-I-don't-remember

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I have no real answer, but I've seen articles just before the release of NWN2 that said NWN sold about 2 million copies, and more recent articles stating that the 'NWN franchise' has sold about 3 million.

It seems to be pretty hard to get sales figures for games tho, beyond the no-figures 'top ten' lists?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm sure they're allowed to tell us. Not so long ago, JoWood Productions sent out a press release stating that the sales figures for Gothic 3 had surpassed 500,000 copies. That's very good for an unknown European niche franchise. That means half a million people got to know the Gothic series through the weakest link in the chain. It worries me :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm sure they're allowed to tell us. Not so long ago, JoWood Productions sent out a press release stating that the sales figures for Gothic 3 had surpassed 500,000 copies. That's very good for an unknown European niche franchise. That means half a million people got to know the Gothic series through the weakest link in the chain. It worries me :yucky:

That was sort of my point. The press release came from JoWood (the publisher), not Piranha Bytes (the developer). Information about NWN2 would probably come from Atari, and only from Obsidian if they cleared it with Atari first. Please feel free to correct me if I'm completely wrong.

Please don't call Gothic 3 the weakest link in the chain. I'm still looking forward to playing it. One day. When the patch comes out. And is then fixed. And re-fixed. Again.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'd like to hear that too. Are they Pleased, Very Pleased, Disappointed, or did it just perform as expected. I did my part though. I bought two! ;)

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I bought two copies. I never thought about that until now. I certainly did my part! Especially since it was for a game that I didn't enjoy as much as I had hoped I would..

I should get the Alien RPG for free ;)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought three collector's editions AND received a free copy. ;)"

Was there True Neutral one?

Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil Collector editions I get that, but what's third? Or did you buy two LG's or CE's?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I bought two copies as well. The normal edition and the Collector's Edition. Gave my roommate the normal edition as a gift.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Get a better computer.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, where I work at has openings if you find yourself in Ames... *tee hee*

I bought three collector's editions AND received a free copy. :wowey:"

Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil Collector editions I get that, but what's third? Or did you buy two LG's or CE's?

Actually, I bought two LG and a CE one. The free one was a signed copy from Obsidian. :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I bought 5 billion - 4,999,999,999

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I bought three collector's editions AND received a free copy. :-"

Actually, I bought two LG and a CE one. The free one was a signed copy from Obsidian. :-"

What, there's good reasons for being mod? :p Holy crap!

I can confidently say that I think it sold really well. Allegedly.

so, what... you're nearly certain there's a good possibility that its rumored sales may be high? >_<

taks

comrade taks... just because.