Armando Iannucci

Walsingham

I don't know why but I was suddenly seized by the notion of trapping Armando Iannucci. What bait do you think would work, and has anyone any advice on what trap to use?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He was one of those people who used to record 30-minute comedy shows off Radio 4 onto cassettes when he was a kid. Not like me at all. No way.

So for bait, I'd say a little cluster of cassette tapes with 'Radioactive', 'Round the Horne' or 'Weekending' on the labels should do the job.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I like the notion of the tapes. Possibly under a laundry basket propped up with a stick.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I really only know his radio work, apart from The Saturday Night Armistice (remember Hunt the Old Woman?). He did a thing for Radio 3 about a museum of keyboards that I heard on BBC7 a while back - including a Stalinist keyboard that played music through the controlled torture of differently-pitched dissidents, and an ice keyboard that could only be played for ten minutes before it melted. Great radio. :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I liked his early stuff as producer, but actualy found the Charm Offensive surprisingly good.

-Elwood Blues

He's certainly a surrealist. Possibly a dog dressed as a priest?

-Elwood Blues

A flying nun?

A cheese and ennui snadewich.

-Elwood Blues

I have no intent. I merely want to capture him. He's too little not to be thrown back. Plus that means others may have the pleasure of hunting him.

-Elwood Blues

If you throw him back, he will be more difficult to catch the next time ...

That's all to the good. More fun for all.

-Elwood Blues

Never heard of the guy.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That is because like all your compatriots you are comedy deprived. American comedy is far too safe when it comes to current affairs. It's like eating diet yoghurt.

-Elwood Blues

That is because like all your compatriots you are comedy deprived. American comedy is far too safe when it comes to current affairs. It's like eating diet yoghurt.

yeah but we got white ppl do this black ppl do that, mexicans are blha blah haiwwians ajfmadha down like a clown son. :'(

but in all seriousness I mean Dave Attel, Chappelle, Jim Gaffigan are pretty much amazing beyond all awesomeness.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

yeah but we got white ppl do this black ppl do that, mexicans are blha blah haiwwians ajfmadha down like a clown son. :'(

but in all seriousness I mean Dave Attel, Chappelle, Jim Gaffigan are pretty much amazing beyond all awesomeness.

Yes. I guess that kinda humour can be fun if you like it. Ach, I'm probably talking out my kazoo since I've only seen a few US live comedy shows on Paramount. As evidenced by my not knowing who the hell those guys you mentioned are.

-Elwood Blues

It's like eating diet yoghurt.

Gah! *is having flashbacks*

The horror, horror, horror.

Or diet margarine.

-Elwood Blues

What's pastel coloured latex taste like? Is it worse tasting than the florescent flavours?

I suppose you could make it taste better by embedding herbs in it. I'm guessing you'd have to go with something strong like cumin seeds.

-Elwood Blues