anakin killing children

Interesting note: GL rewrote that scene many, many times. It has numerous incarnations

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ah, I'm sure that GL will rewrite the scene when he re-releases the film for the next major anniversary / new media format ...

I suspect Greedo's father might be involved.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah, I'm sure that GL will rewrite the scene when he re-releases the film for the next major anniversary / new media format ...

As long as it includes an Easter Egg of HK-47 on Mustafar in EP III, I'll be fine with a few modifications

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone else find it odd that right after Anakin embraced the dark side, he was willing to kill children?

Not really Padme is his life more or less and i dont think he can even see himself living without her, and he sincerely believes as far as i can tell that if he can learn Darth plagius power over life and death he can save her, and prevent himself from losing her as he did with his mother, so i suppose guilt and obsession can make even the most noble people do unforgivable things.

So no it doesnt really surprise all that much.

Edited by Barzarel

anyone else find it odd that right after Anakin embraced the dark side, he was willing to kill children?

Perhaps the exact way an evil person is made is not known. Thus it is not shown correctly. I am sure you could come up with a better gradient to how a monster is made. But as George Lucas has to make the film, produce it all, and all the while not have a text book that says "This is how a monster is made" he looks to be a bit hard pressed on this point. So it all happened in 30mins and does not tell how such evil is born.

That said, I think he did OK with what he had and right or wrong you get that he was pressured for a solution. And the only way to solve it was to embrace the dark side. As none of us know what the dark side is all about you can fill it in with whatever you want.

Edited by Watchman

And on a side note, Canderous admitted to killing children as well...

Yeah but he didn't whine and cry. He did it with style.

True, and I should have realized that trying to compare Canderous to Anakin would be an insult to the fact he's (Canderous) all man...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 1 month later...

Yes it was odd. But so is the end of Darth Vader. The Star Wars universe grows with time passing so I guess that this results in many contradictions. If you think that the first Star Wars movie could have been the last if it wasn't that successful you can imagine that the fans are the true force behind the whole hype, not George Lucas or anyone. And that's why minor flaws don't really matter. It doesn't have to be perfect :wub:

I guess they wanted to illustrate Annakin's way to the dark side by darker and darker deeds, but imho they went too far there. I don't think that a person that has been good at first, then got *lost* and later returns to the light is so completely insane to do the most evil of crimes as killing innocent helpless children, especially because it is not only evil but also dishonorably(Not like for example the fight between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan). For this it takes a true monster, a mentally disturbed creature. Not even animals would do that.

Not even animals would do that.

Actually, animals do it all the time.

Yeh, some eat thier own children. Many sharks as babies eat thier siblings because thier bigger, stronger. Some animals abandon thier babies to survive if they can =)

Animals are amoral

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I found pretty much everything about the new trilogy odd.

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

- John Lennon

• 2 weeks later...

um....no. Why would anyone find it odd that a person consumed by evil would be above killing children? Sure, he had just embraced the dark side not 10 minutes before, but Anakin was already troubled by the Dark Side and when he disarmed Mace Windu, allowing the Palpatine to kill him, he finally gave in and allowed it to consume him. Plus, he was so convinced that turning to the Dark Side would allow him to save Padme that the transition probably wasn't too difficult...

Edited by Jambo

Everyone knows the best way to show your character is really evil is to have him kill innocent children. The scene also has to go like this:

-Children: Oh, look! It's (insert name here)! We're saved! (cheers of joy)

-(Insert name here) takes out weapon

-Children (still clueless): What's happening? Is something wrong?

-(Insert name here) raises and weapon, and before he can strike the scene either cuts, fades to another scene or turns to a wall where shadow of children getting killed can be seen.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Everyone knows the best way to show your character is really evil is to have him kill innocent children. The scene also has to go like this:

-Children: Oh, look! It's (insert name here)! We're saved! (cheers of joy)

-(Insert name here) takes out weapon

-Children (still clueless): What's happening? Is something wrong?

-(Insert name here) raises and weapon, and before he can strike the scene either cuts, fades to another scene or turns to a wall where shadow of children getting killed can be seen.

no doubt. but it was just to sudden. hell, he could kill babies and pour their blood all over himself instead of killing the kids, but it was just to sudden. not enough time for the transition to be at that level.

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

There wasn't much of a psychological breakdown.

And how could anyone be so stupid to decide to kill Samuel L Jackson for some unsure promises from an old and ugly chancellor?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And how could anyone be so stupid to decide to kill Samuel L Jackson for some unsure promises from an old and ugly chancellor?

I know! Anakin was in KKK! or something... :sorcerer:

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Just as long as we remember Canderous killed children too. He admitted it in K1

DAWUSS

Yeah, some eat thier own children. Many sharks as babies eat their siblings because their bigger, stronger. Some animals abandon their babies to survive if they can =)

My friend's guinea pig did that once...she cried for a bit after...

I also corrected your grammar mistakes in your quote. :ermm:

Animals are amoral

And cuddly.

Edited by Omelette

i wouldnt have taken the chance. and even though he lied, anakin still became the strongest and most powerful SOB around. good for him.

KILL THE CHILDREN!!!!

Kill YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac