anakin killing children

Yay for mind control. >_<

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And on a side note, Canderous admitted to killing children as well...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

And on a side note, Canderous admitted to killing children as well...

Yeah but he didn't whine and cry. He did it with style.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You can never kill kids with "style" :getlost:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Of course not, its always just plain cruel. I was kidding. :getlost:

Canderous probably doesn't even see kids as kids, just regular victims so he can acomplish a certain goal.

Back on topic, I don't think it was necessary for anakin to kill the children. Like I said before, why not just "convert them" to sith? Isn't it easier when they're younger?

Self-righteous Jedi are always asking to get slaughtered. Even if they're kids. It's not by chance that the whole massacre thing is Episode III's saving grace.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

People talk about the crimes of Anakin Skywalker, but not of Padm
Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I myself thought that Padme post was kind of amusing ... >_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I agree, Padme was the only character that I liked, though judging by the scenes that were dropped. For exemple that "Democracy dies to the sound of applause" (or what ever it was) was so poignant.

It is odd that the scenes that are changed, or deleted are more interesting than what the creative director thinks is the important part of the story, but that is art I guess.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

children droids???? droidlings??? stupid padme....she is evil!

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Canderous probably doesn't even see kids as kids, just regular victims so he can acomplish a certain goal.

Back on topic, I don't think it was necessary for anakin to kill the children. Like I said before, why not just "convert them" to sith? Isn't it easier when they're younger?

What you said about Canderous is every bit as applicable to Anakin.

As for saying it wasn't necessary for Anakin to kill the children, it most certainly was. He was told to go to the temple and to kill all the Jedi he found, and that sadly enough does include the younglings and the padawans. His orders were pretty clear. The Emperor didn't tell him "Go to the Jedi temple and kill all the Jedi... but only those over the age of 12! We need to convert the young ones!" So the blame here lies mainly with Palpatine for giving the order. Evidently, Anakin could have chosen not to obey, but that probably would've gotten both him AND Padme killed. The reason why Palpatine told him to do all this is to make sure that Anakin's transition to the dark side was complete, that he wasn't just pretending to become his apprentice so he could save his wife.

Besides... This is a point in history where there are only two Sith Lords at a time. If any of these children had survived and been trained properly, they may have eventually taken Vader's place as Sidious's apprentice, and I'm pretty sure Anakin would have none of that either.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I agree, Padme was the only character that I liked, though judging by the scenes that were dropped. For exemple that "Democracy dies to the sound of applause" (or what ever it was) was so poignant.

It is odd that the scenes that are changed, or deleted are more interesting than what the creative director thinks is the important part of the story, but that is art I guess.

I liked that line aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

I skimmed through the Ep3 novel and from what I interpret, its like this - The moment Anakin is given the name of Darth Vader, his transition is probably still not totally complete. Heck, even Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader shows the transition as not being 100% complete until the end of the book. When he carried out Operation: Knightfall, he was carrying out orders from Palpatine because:

1) He needed Palpatine's power to save Padme, it was the only way

2) He needed the Jedi holocrons which he would access to see if there was any way of saving her

3) He was already highly miffed at the Jedi due to his not being accepted as Jedi Master and the feelings of being put down by the Council

4) His love for Padme>His appreciation of the Jedi

5) His pertinent frustration with the clone wars and how it had separated him from Padme

6) Frustration with the growing corruption in the Senate, Palpatine's version of the story made him not like politics at all

When Palpatine has Anakin in his grip, he has probably fully accepted that the Jedi are betrayers and need to be killed as the first step. He believes that Palpatine will bring an end to the clone wars and with his help, will eliminate all corruption. The end of the clone wars will allow him to live freely forever with Padme and his children. And hence he would have "peace".

So, with these motives, he went into the Temple and started the slaughter of Jedi. All this while, Palpatine intended for his rage to grow and his emotions to consume him so that he would forever remain loyal to the Dark Side and the Empire. So, while killing Jedi, Anakin feeds his rage. Since he has a perceived account to settle with the Jedi, i.e. payback for deliberately degrading and humiliating him multiple times and at the same time not accepting his power, he is all the more enraged at them. Combined with Palpatine's accusations at the Jedi, this feeds his rage for every Jedi he kills. When he encounters the children, he is enraged and firmly in the belief that these children are already corrupted by the Jedi code since it has been imbibed into them from a very early age. Hence, leaving them alone will always prove detrimenal. This is probably why he decided that purging them was the better option, as there was no chance of "redemption" of these Jedi children. Therefore he commits this act, in the sense that children spoilt to the core cannot be redeemed reasonably.

Anyway, once he is done with this, Palpatine tells him to go to the Mustafar system. At this point he has fed his rage, and he still believes what he is doing is right. But the rage has not fully consumed him yet. So he visits Padme and tells her something. :ermm:

One of the main routes to the dark side is hatred, but most people assume that means hatred for someone or something else-for example Anakin hating the Jedi. But hatred can also be directed at onesself. In Anakins case his decent to fully becoming Vader was hatred at himself for killing the children. At the time he would have consoled himself with the knowledge that killing all the children was nessasary, but he was aware deep-down that he'd done something totally wrong and hated himself for it. It was that self hatred that fed his rage, and which lead him to commit more and more evil acts for which he hated himself even more until it was easier to hide his guilt and self hate behind the anger.

Palpatine would have known this, and my best guess is that he sent Vader to kill the children for three reasons;

1-It removed the Jedi as a threat both in the short term (by killing the older jedi in the temple) and in the long run (By killing anyone who could have become a jedi in the future-that is the children).

2-It tested Vaders loyaltie and worthyness as a Sith Lord. Although Anakin had killed Count Dooku that could be considered a personal matter, since Dooku had cut Anakins hand off. And it was Palpatine who killed Mace Windu rather than Anakin. In order to be worthy of being a Sith Anakin had to prove he would kill for power or simply because he was told to.

3-Control. Palpatine needed to get control over Anakin as quickly as possible. Had he given him time to think Anakin might have turned back from the dark side before he went to far, or he might have decided to attack Palpatine as a Sith. Either way it would be very bad for Palpatine, who'd just been in a fight with four Jedi masters and who must have been weak and vunable. By sending Anakin after the children in the temple he was directing Anakins energy to action, rather than thought, and away from the real threat (Palpatine himself). Afterwards Palpatine would have known Vader would have hated himself, and Palpatine could use that self-hatred to keep control of Vader in the long run. If nothing else if Vader had decided to attack his new master not all of his anger would have been directed at him, quite a lot would have been directed at himself which would have given Palpatine a far better chance of winning a fight.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the main routes to the dark side is hatred, but most people assume that means hatred for someone or something else-for example Anakin hating the Jedi. But hatred can also be directed at onesself. In Anakins case his decent to fully becoming Vader was hatred at himself for killing the children. At the time he would have consoled himself with the knowledge that killing all the children was nessasary, but he was aware deep-down that he'd done something totally wrong and hated himself for it. It was that self hatred that fed his rage, and which lead him to commit more and more evil acts for which he hated himself even more until it was easier to hide his guilt and self hate behind the anger.

Palpatine would have known this, and my best guess is that he sent Vader to kill the children for three reasons;

1-It removed the Jedi as a threat both in the short term (by killing the older jedi in the temple) and in the long run (By killing anyone who could have become a jedi in the future-that is the children).

2-It tested Vaders loyaltie and worthyness as a Sith Lord. Although Anakin had killed Count Dooku that could be considered a personal matter, since Dooku had cut Anakins hand off. And it was Palpatine who killed Mace Windu rather than Anakin. In order to be worthy of being a Sith Anakin had to prove he would kill for power or simply because he was told to.

3-Control. Palpatine needed to get control over Anakin as quickly as possible. Had he given him time to think Anakin might have turned back from the dark side before he went to far, or he might have decided to attack Palpatine as a Sith. Either way it would be very bad for Palpatine, who'd just been in a fight with four Jedi masters and who must have been weak and vunable. By sending Anakin after the children in the temple he was directing Anakins energy to action, rather than thought, and away from the real threat (Palpatine himself). Afterwards Palpatine would have known Vader would have hated himself, and Palpatine could use that self-hatred to keep control of Vader in the long run. If nothing else if Vader had decided to attack his new master not all of his anger would have been directed at him, quite a lot would have been directed at himself which would have given Palpatine a far better chance of winning a fight.

Kinda off topic but....The way that Mace Windu died was bad...Not only was he a Jedi Master but he was also An extremely Skilled duelist. And if Anikin can jump from a speeder and land on another car so could Mace Windu......He shouldnt have died there or that way....it was just plain dumb

Kinda off topic but....The way that Mace Windu died was bad...Not only was he a Jedi Master but he was also An extremely Skilled duelist. And if Anikin can jump from a speeder and land on another car so could Mace Windu......He shouldnt have died there or that way....it was just plain dumb

i agree and disagree.... i agree that mace was powerful could have earned deserved a better death

BUT

what were his options?

1. killed like all the others by clones. (no one would have liked this)

2. killed by anakin (i dont think i would have liked a fight scene where anakin beat windu unless it happened at the jedi temple.. anakin kills the children and then as hes talking to the hologram of sidius, windu calls out from above and fights him there, but even then i dont want anakin to kill mace)

3. cut down by sidious as fast as the other jedi he was with (no good)

so..

i think that having mace die by fighting sidiuos was good and showed his skills well. i would have preferred if palpatine had unleashed a band of dark jedi (not sith) that he had been training in anticipation for that day to act as his commanders, and mace takkes them on with one or two others and then dies somehow like that or palpatine intervenes and kills him.....but that wouldnt have fit well.

all in all, i think mace's death was good. it spawned billions of "did mace beat palpatine?" threads

hey i even mentioned the children

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

i agree and disagree.... i agree that mace was powerful could have earned deserved a better death

BUT

what were his options?

1. killed like all the others by clones. (no one would have liked this)

2. killed by anakin (i dont think i would have liked a fight scene where anakin beat windu unless it happened at the jedi temple.. anakin kills the children and then as hes talking to the hologram of sidius, windu calls out from above and fights him there, but even then i dont want anakin to kill mace)

3. cut down by sidious as fast as the other jedi he was with (no good)

so..

i think that having mace die by fighting sidiuos was good and showed his skills well. i would have preferred if palpatine had unleashed a band of dark jedi (not sith) that he had been training in anticipation for that day to act as his commanders, and mace takkes them on with one or two others and then dies somehow like that or palpatine intervenes and kills him.....but that wouldnt have fit well.

all in all, i think mace's death was good. it spawned billions of "did mace beat palpatine?" threads

hey i even mentioned the children

He shoulda been like Obi Won and Yoda, He shoulda been thrown from the window but been shown standing behind in a crowd or something implying that he survived and had a better death planned in the later (books and eventually movies)...but the way he died sucked.

In original scripts there was going to be duel between Mace and Anakin

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

In original scripts there was going to be duel between Mace and Anakin

I think that would have been a disgrace to Samuel L. Jackson to have his ass handed to him by someone like Hayden Christensen

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Well, whole scene was even more spectacular. In some versions Little Red Hoods (Emperor's bodyguards) were involved too