anakin killing children

He'd already killed Tuskan children, so it wasn't all that big a step for him.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

but at least he somewhat regreted that. he even thought about whether he should kill Tyranus or not.

i can get that he was angry at the sand people for what they did to his mother, but killing jedi children right after he became Vader???? come on......

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

that was too fast of a transition. you dont become evill just like that. its a long process, ripping little bits of your humanity away. going from inches away from killing the Sith Lord to slaughtering a dozen jedi children doesn't make much sense.

When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.......

that was too fast of a transition. you dont become evill just like that. its a long process, ripping little bits of your humanity away. going from inches away from killing the Sith Lord to slaughtering a dozen jedi children doesn't make much sense.

When I read the book, I thought that the transition was well done. It was a long process that was intricate and it tore Anakin apart. Thus, when he killed the children, it was accepted. That part of the movie, in my opinion, was done poorly. It was rushed and as you said, he agrees to be Vader, the light switch is flipped, and he's killing kids.

Yes, Episode III sucks, and that is just one of the ways in which it sucks.

Move along, now.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

exactly, anakin turns to the darkside before you can even say "That made no sense!".

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Except he's already killed children. And the perception that he regretted it, he didn't sound too much like he did. He was crying, sure, but that was more over his mother and not the children.

"They're animals and I slaughtered them like animals" is not evidence of regret. It's evidence that he's dehumanizing his victims. He's a bad actor so it doesn't come across as well as it should.

Let's look at it:

He's already slaughtered women and children.

He's already started slaughtering Jedi by the time he reaches the children. So, we see an immediate foot-in-the-door phenomenon paired with his previous slaughter. We also see him surrounded by Stormtroopers, who can serve to provide the presence of a close authority figure that we see from Milgram's obedience experiments.

It's not a giant leap at all for him to slaughter children. Especially considering he's done it already by that point.

Edited by Tale

he wants to save padme, and hes got the dark lord that he has just pledged allegiance too watching his every move. If he backs out, he wont save padme. I think he just said, screw it lets go all the way!

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Yes, Episode III sucks, and that is just one of the ways in which it sucks.

Move along, now

If only I could.

What was the point of him killing them? Psychologically speaking, not plot, because that's obvious.

.... Psychologically has logical in it... but starwars doesn't.... DOESNOTCOMPUTE!

Yes moving on.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

It's not a giant leap at all for him to slaughter children. Especially considering he's done it already by that point.

I'm sure it's not, but GL did a poor job in showing us that transition so that when we saw it on screen, it appeared as though he was simply just giving himself completely to the dark side and then going off and killing people without a second thought about it. He just stared killing younglings and dropped on his knees and praised Palpatine out of fear and cowardice. I believe you, but I just didn't see the major transition from good to evil. It just happened so fast on screen.

Blinded by the dark side was he.

The Jedi order had to be exterminated...all the Jedi...leave a few and it could come back to haunt them...and it infact did come back to bite them in the ass with Obi-Wan, Yoda and the children Skywalker.

A big stretch...not really, it was a great way to exemplify his turn to the dark side, to show how much he had fallen, to show the power of the dark side to taint an individual and twist them into a monster.

It makes his redemption all that more meaningful later on.

wookiedance.gif

The thing that bugged me most about his fall to the dark side...

He massacres a large group of children... still looks human.

Me massacres a group of alien beings who once waged war for greedy purposes... and then he starts looking all evil and sithy.

I guess killing the kids didn't knock his dark side meter quite low enough... but killing the aliens finally tilted it low enough to get the evil look. :skeptical:

The thing that bugged me most about his fall to the dark side...

He massacres a large group of children... still looks human.

Me massacres a group of alien beings who once waged war for greedy purposes... and then he starts looking all evil and sithy.

I guess killing the kids didn't knock his dark side meter quite low enough... but killing the aliens finally tilted it low enough to get the evil look. :skeptical:

it didnt show him killin the children so how would we no if he looked evil or not ? ? ?

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

I'm sure it's not, but GL did a poor job in showing us that transition so that when we saw it on screen, it appeared as though he was simply just giving himself completely to the dark side and then going off and killing people without a second thought about it. He just stared killing younglings and dropped on his knees and praised Palpatine out of fear and cowardice. I believe you, but I just didn't see the major transition from good to evil. It just happened so fast on screen.

It was probably Hayden's fault, just as much. After the slaughter of the Tuskens he should have come off as more angry and less whiney.

Though, George is either responsible for that or responsible for not correcting it.

Edited by Tale

When I read the book, I thought that the transition was well done. It was a long process that was intricate and it tore Anakin apart. Thus, when he killed the children, it was accepted. That part of the movie, in my opinion, was done poorly. It was rushed and as you said, he agrees to be Vader, the light switch is flipped, and he's killing kids.

Yeah, I thought Order 66 itself was rushed.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

i didnt like that in ep 2 anakin is all bad and rebellious and whiny...and then in ep 3 he's happy and nice and all, and then he kills children who probably almost worshipped him as their hero

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

He should have converted the children instead of killing them.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Orders are given to military personel. When dictacted from a superior in the chain of command the order must be followed. In normal circumstances the Order may be ignored or disobeyed, but when clones are genetically designed to follow orders without question (Given few exceptions) there is little room for debate. Order 66 was a military order, one designed by and probably only known by Palpatine. The 66 was most likely a hidden protocol code in their brains. Essentially the code made all clones turn on all Jedi and to follow orders directly from Palpatine and his underlings.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif