The Photography Thread

mkreku

@ mkreku - I know the feeling. I tend to be a fair weather photo person myself - excepting the never ending deluge of 'I love my cats" snapshots. :-

@ Bokishi - I saw that on the news. That's where my sister-in-law is going (LA, not that area specifically), so I was paying attention. Being able to take pictures of such from your home would be surreal indeed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wow I wish i'd noticed this thread before, some good eye candy in here. Particularly like Rosbjerg's hands photos and the style and lighting which the museum photos were taken, it's very dramatic, I like it :sorcerer:.

I think I shall put a few of my homemade photos up here soon from my SLR camera for exam work at college. They may not be about the most impressive and amazing things, but I definitely like them and they get me a good grade so they must be ok!

For some reason I always end up taking pictures when it's already dark. Very convenient considering I bought a superzoom camera! ;)

Anyhow, two new pictures of Uppsala By Night:

post-262-1179178573_thumb.jpg

This is a very old church near where I live. It's built around an old viking runestone. I was experimenting with a more "vivid" colour scheme and it looked really good on the camera screen, But when I got home I noticed the weird effect around the lamps. Too bad, but otherwise a pretty good picture. Not too blurry, considering.

post-262-1179178589_thumb.jpg

This is a bar underneath Uppsala's biggest church. The Fyris stream flows in front of the bar. Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep the camera still enough (the shot is a bit blurred, most noticeable in the light areas) but pretty decent otherwise. Annoying also that I accidentally cut the spires of the church. Better luck next time.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Kitties are a bit bigger than I was expecting, but they're every bit as rambunctous as you'd expect. I'd forgotten how kittens never sit still for more than .005 of a second, unless sleeping. Makes it hard to get a picture. :) They're 'sisters', and they do everything together. Including dashing to/using the litterbox at exactly the same time, which was pretty hysterical. I'll have to wait till daylight to try to get anything with good lightning and focus. Our bedroom is really dark and I don't have a powerful flash unit.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The last 24 hours has apparently been "spider day" at my house. First a giant "rabid wolf spider" came crawling along our baseboards. They can get big enough to startle you when you see one in your house, as they usually stay outdoors. They're harmless to humans tho. :)

Then this afternoon, a fairly large, hairy, and gorgeous orange jumping spider was in our yard. Usually all we have are the itty bitty little green ones.

First shot - jumping spider

2nd shot - underside of wolf spider in jar; I just think it looks freaky with the glass distortion etc. :D

3rd shot: wolf spider up close - when I brought the macro lens to the closest range it's capable of - maybe 5-6 inches away - I couldn't get the whole spider in the frame. :ermm:

*sigh* such nice photos. I remember stuff.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So a while back I posted a pretty Swedish girl for the boys. This time I'm posting some genuine Swedish hunks for LadyCrimson! (Of course, feel free to enjoy some Swedish manliness, whoever you are.. I'm looking at you, finns.)

Guess what we did this weekend:

post-262-1179677400_thumb.jpg

My cousin, Jonas, striking an awesome pose!!

post-262-1179677415_thumb.jpg

My friend, Nilo, looking insane. As usual.

Yeah, we bought Guitar Hero this weekend. Great party starter!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are 2 pictures I wish I had taken! They are from Roskile Festival '06

1_photo_by_rockphoto.jpg10_photo_by_rockphoto_1.jpg

and two pictures I have taken; (unfortunately the program I used to resize these pictures decided to corrupt them - which is why they are a bit blurred)

post-5477-1181512855_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1181512866_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

I have bad experience with cameras that automatically adjust the ISO. While they can sharpen the area of focus, it's harder to make them actually take "cleaner" pictures when people are moving (they tend to corrupt/blur the background more). But I don't know this particular camera and maybe it's able to compensate?

Fortune favors the bald.

I have bad experience with cameras that automatically adjust the ISO. While they can sharpen the area of focus, it's harder to make them actually take "cleaner" pictures when people are moving (they tend to corrupt/blur the background more). But I don't know this particular camera and maybe it's able to compensate?

No, you're right, it doesn't work very well. I only use it when I'm taking sport shots. That's when the effect is desired, almost never otherwise. The good thing is that the "Intelligent ISO" is a function that you can turn off so you can set the ISO sensitivity yourself.

I wouldn't dare label it "intelligent" if you couldn't turn it off. :down:

I have a Canon Ixus 300 myself (picture). Which I've installed some additional software on - allowing me to take pictures were I can use alot of effects to compensate for it's slow closing time. Using sepia for instance is a great way to make otherwise shaky cameras take sharper pictures - and you can always add the colours later.

Canon_Ixus_digital_300_gross.gif

Fortune favors the bald.

• 1 month later...
Guest Accept

Okey - I've bought a Nikon D40, and I just love it. :wub:

Heres a pictue I took last week, when I was visiting my fathers cabin. I'm really pleased about it.

post-17463-1185296003_thumb.jpg

I will bring up some more pictures soon. :)

I have a friend with a Nikon D50 and another one with a Nikon D70. Those are not exactly travel cameras.

Great picture though!

Guest Accept
Great picture though!

Thank you. :)

I don't know why, but I thought this flower-picture was cooler then the rest of all the flower-pictures I have.

I really like the colours in it.

post-17463-1185746063_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

After reading about the forthcoming Apocalyse supplement for Warhammer 40,000, I decided to finally finish off my Guard.

So here they are. The 69th Buttsplitters in all their glory:

post-13098-1188732432_thumb.jpg

266 men, 22 vehicles.

PWNAGE FOR THE EMPEROR!

Edited by WinterSun

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Ashes and dust! WE PWN FOR TERRA!

Cool regiment, though my 37th Arkwrights could totally split your butts. I mean, were they readier than planning stages.

I'm curious, why so many ratlings, but so few sentinels? Though maybe I'm too much of a trackhead.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Because Catachan pattern sentinels are pretty much useless in regular terrain (possibly excepting city-fight), and all my other ones went in the drop-troop army.

Plus, you know, taking an extra Russ looks so much cooler.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

• 1 month later...