Official Fallout Forums!

karka

I've never even heard of Fallout before today. Look at the latest releases for the xbox or PS3 this week. Heck, look at the last six month's worth... out of all those games, how many are turn-based? How many are straight first person? I'll grant you that there are still games being made that have 3rd person cameras but those will be going the way of the dodo pretty soon. I'm not going to bother mentioning PC "games" because who really cares about those.

People don't want to waste time waiting for "turns" to end, they just want to shoot zombies or whatever and have red appear all over the screen. It's the nature of the beast and I think some of you guys may feel a little left behind.

I thought this post by "milesforeman" was pretty idiotic. And yet, also very funny.

So very hillarious, because just within the last six months Lost Planet (A 3rd person shooter) was released on the Xbox 360 and was one of the most successful games on the system. Med Total War 2 has both turn based and real time strategy components and has done extremely well also. There are numerous turn based games coming out on the consoles, such as Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on DS and such forth.

Edit: And also, the best selling recent jRPG was Dragon Quest VIII, which is completely turn based.

Edit2: And those forums are a complete and absolute wasteland.

It's just so beautiful.

Edited by Aegeri

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

YOU CANT STOP THE ROCK

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I like the Volourn part better, to be honest.

Throw it down 4 da old skool, son.

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

The posting rate there is insane!

It's a little fast to keep up with. You try to post something and there are three more posts by the time you finish your own. You read a four page thread and by the time you get to the fourth page the topic is now up to 6 pages...

Frankly, I'd rather post here and occasionally look there. Fora on crack are painful, and sometimes it gets rather silly with everyone posting one-liners. One-liners in excess is beautiful, sort of like a shipwreck on an island.

Any discussion of substance going on there? I wonder when we'll get any sort of real info on FO3.

Things are starting to quiet down. The Fanatics have ranted their say for the most part.

lol but some Beth mod deleted the original votes for Bioware and Obsidian here:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=681655

see?

Originally Obsidian was first ,Bio second, and way behind was Beth after the extinct Troika

IB1OsQq.png

The moderator editing that poll so that Bethesda came out on top of the surviving developers was absolutely hilarious, and unfortunately played right into the hands of those with nary a kind word for Bethesda. They're still miles behind Troika, of course, but Obsidian was clearly in the lead in the second, Troika-less poll, until they were 'merged'. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The moderator editing that poll so that Bethesda came out on top of the surviving developers was absolutely hilarious, and unfortunately played right into the hands of those with nary a kind word for Bethesda. They're still miles behind Troika, of course, but Obsidian was clearly in the lead in the second, Troika-less poll, until they were 'merged'. :lol:

Yup, and now all the beth-fans go there to vote, even if they don't know Fallout at all :thumbsup:

I wouldn't care if they would win the votes if that would be made fair and nice, but editing the votes was quite... drastic

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png