Official Fallout Forums!

karka

Of course you do.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I confess, I almost missed the old rants and raves about Fallout.

*tears up*

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Um, I would like to remind our wee enthusiastic group of the following from our most respected Forum Guidelines:

Harassment: We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated. In addition, Obsidian does not tolerate disrespectful and/or slanderous posts about its competitors, developers and publishers. Such posts will be subject to editing or deleting, with its posters censured or banned.

I would extend this to using the fora here as some sort of staging ground to harm/harass/undermine our friends at Bethesda. The FO fanbase is indeed vocal and passionate, but it is not tolerable to use Obsidian's fora to jeopardise that professional relationship.

Consider this the one and only 'suggestion' ... I would hate to hear directly from Bethesda or see it directly here that one of our community had crossed a line that has now clearly been named ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I am sooo making a post about reloading ammunition.

EDIT:

Oh snap I did it, and people argued with me. Nostalgia...overwhelming.

Of course there's like no chance of a developer reading it, nevermind replying, therefore I weep.

Edited by Aram

I am sooo making a post about reloading ammunition.

EDIT:

Oh snap I did it, and people argued with me. Nostalgia...overwhelming.

Of course there's like no chance of a developer reading it, nevermind replying, therefore I weep.

I think only one person argued with you. (as of my reading)

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Give it time. I swear it's the most controversial topic since gays in the military getting married and then having abortions and using the fetus for stem cell research.

And actually, what the hell was up with that guy anyway? What a jerk.

Edited by Aram

Oops. Apparently I had already registered there. In 2006. Anyhow, I'm flaming my poor little fingers off over there! GREAT FUN!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I only have time for one board. Plus, going after folks with fire and tongs gives me heartburn. I remember the uproar regarding FO:BoS. hahahaha Still, I'm too lazy to go find trouble at the official forum. I'll just have to flame folks here instead.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I still think that Bethesda bought Fallout license, because they wanted to do something different than their Elder Scrolls.

Eh, kinda. The deal only showed that Bethesda believes that buying Fallout is a sound investment, and that they believe they can return that investment, which isn't necessarily indicative of an artistic ambition.

But at the very least, it also implies that Bethesda has long-term aspirations regarding the Fallout franchise, which bodes well.

Why? Its not like there has been anything positive happening with the Fallout franchise since Van Buren died.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Last man to try and register as Fionavar's a sissy!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was going to say it's hell on earth. Then an asylum with all the inmates running free. But it's just one small contigent of sanity drowned out by this huge cesspool of idiots, trolls and 13 year olds whose videogame knowlegde is inexorably fixated on conventions such as Bethesda is god, turn-based is worse than cancer, and realtime was created 5 minutes ago.

What interests me is that there seems to be just as much, if not more, unprovoked flaming of 'old Fallout fans' - or at least a version of a stereotypical old Fallout fan that exists in people's minds - as there is flaming of Bethesda and Fallout 3.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The old guard needs to go over there and take care of some business. :shifty:

What about us n00b guards?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.