A Kotor 1 and 2 vista patch

No.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect

{Lie} Yes.

In all seriousness, there has to be someone out there who agrees with you. Or maybe not.

Edited by The Architect

NO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Something you would want to bring up at the LucasArts forums, since they ok any patches. Not that I would ever see such a patch forth coming.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It does seem very unlikely, and after all the problem is Vista, not the Kotors. Maybe someone could go bother Microsoft about a fix. :sorcerer:

Seriously, I got the impression that despite the problems, most people were eventually (with some tweaking) getting the Kotors to run under Vista. :unsure:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 2 weeks later...
It does seem very unlikely, and after all the problem is Vista, not the Kotors. Maybe someone could go bother Microsoft about a fix. :woot:

Seriously, I got the impression that despite the problems, most people were eventually (with some tweaking) getting the Kotors to run under Vista. ;)

I actually got TSL to run in Vista Business without any tweaking. There are lots of problems though. It frequently locks upon startup and locks once in a while during the transitions in and out of cutscenes. Also, the graphics slow down to a crawl after an hour of gameplay even on the lowest settings so I have to restart the game to get another hour of smoothness. I have a pretty good laptop too that can run games like BF2142 on high settings but get bogged down by TSL...odd.

I actually got TSL to run in Vista Business without any tweaking. There are lots of problems though. It frequently locks upon startup and locks once in a while during the transitions in and out of cutscenes. Also, the graphics slow down to a crawl after an hour of gameplay even on the lowest settings so I have to restart the game to get another hour of smoothness. I have a pretty good laptop too that can run games like BF2142 on high settings but get bogged down by TSL...odd.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish we could be of more help. :sad: All I can suggest is that you keep checking in here and in the LucasArts tech support forums, and if you ever do find a fix for that, please let us know and I'll add it to the FAQ for everyone to see.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 3 weeks later...

I *believe* most KOTOR problems in Vista are due to sound, and the fact that Vista has a pretty bad implementation of sound which I think does not allow EAX support or any other Audio API except DirectSound. Also, I believe there is no more hardware-accelerated sound support in Vista. If KOTOR has a software audio option, or the ability to use the Miles Software Sound System, using such options should fix many problems with the game. I've not played KOTOR in quite a while so I can't check right now.