Who wants to be bullet-proof?

Eddo36

I have no need of bullet-proofing, for I have a bullet-proof 'safe' room (i.e. my downstairs toilet), design approved by a UK safety 'expert', into which I can flee should armed terrorists storm the compound. :lol:

I quite fancy one of the ballistic blankets as a duvet. Do you think they come in different colours?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I have no need of bullet-proofing, for I have a bullet-proof 'safe' room (i.e. my downstairs toilet), design approved by a UK safety 'expert', into which I can flee should armed terrorists storm the compound. :sorcerer:

Thats pretty cool. Ive always wanted a bunker-like room with a big ass safe door on the front. Not that my life is dangerous or I have anything of extremely high value, I just think it would be cool to deck it out all nice and hang out in it. :unsure:

I think you guys are just jealous of edo since he's obvouslly like a buff asian dude with guns and body armor and smarts and tons of comedic skill and integrity and stuff.

I hope you'll be very happy together. May I suggest you buy an old Soviet nuclear sub and while away time beneath the tranquil waters of the arctic circle. Protected from the vicissitudes of modern living, like moving around without chafing against all your vests, guns, knives, and tinfoil hats. .

Yeah real proffesional, walshington yeah your real cool now buddy making fun of mentally handicapped people. wow grow up what are you like 23 and still havent [put ur weinr in a girls vicinity ok buddy go back to work or w/e it is you do

jk :sweat:

but seriously you gotta admit i got you pretty good

Cultural disjunction: you can't zing an Englishman with that kind of spelling AFTER an edit.

Also, I never meant to make fun of the mentally handicapped. Just Soviet submariners. And youse two. :ermm:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

OH. MY. GOD.

Best and funniest thing I'ver read since, well... I really don't know :ermm::sweat:

BTW A one time experiementation while in the military, does not make one a homosexual.

Gecko45 writes:

quote:Originally posted by Nordic:

Hey Geekboy, SPECIAL-ED, et-all, does the shadow government agencies that fund your ops also provide you with anti-armor capabilities? I mean what if a posse of gang bangers starts driving through the mall all a blazin

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

*...*

Uncharacteristically speechless.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have personally saved the ass-virginity of several young boys in my days. But there are many brave men like myself out there who risk their lives daily, so that boys like yourself can live a normal heterosexual life.

Ahahahahaha :thumbsup:

I am starting to see a connection ... :*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Then there is the small matteer that perhaps the citiziens of the US should aspire to - I don't know - living in a condition more conducive to civilisation than downtown Mogadishu.

I blame the upcoming movie "Hot Fuzz". Damn you British and your gun culture!!!

Huh, I though it was already illegal for the general public to buy body armor.

13. Is it legal for civilians to buy Body Armor?

In general, yes - for law-abiding folks. A felony conviction makes possession of Body Armor illegal under federal law and in many states.

We have had civilian clients with many different civilian needs for Body Armor so we understand the need for vests for civilians. Our policy is to only sell to law-abiding adults who have a lawful purpose for Body Armor. (A parent or guardian may buy for a minor with a legitimate need.)

Residents of Connecticut are prohibited from buying Body Armor unless the sale is face to face (or unless the buyer is a police officer, Police Department, or military).

We cannot ship to residents of Connecticut

who are not police or military.

Some states are considering new legislation to prohibit or restrict sales of Body Armor to civilians, e.g., New York. If you are in a state that passes such a law, you would be well advised to make your Body Armor purchase now before it becomes much more expensive and inconvenient, if not prohibited altogether

Again... how does that make any sense? Body Armor doesn't hurt anyone. Guns kill people, body armor is being banned. MAKES NO SENSE

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Most legislation against body armor was passed as a response to that shootout in Hollywood where two guys shot it out with police for nearly an hour, taking repeated hits from pistols and shotguns without going down. Nobody died of course, but the government has a wierd way of banning things for the "safety" of police officers, even if they aren't really that big a threat to them.

Really the only laws about body armor, in most states, are that you can't own it if you're a felon and if you commit a crime while wearing it your sentence gets doubled, or something like that.

There's that great line by Jack Nicholson in The Departed:

... tell Bruce Lee and the Karate Kids none of us are carrying automatic weapons because here, in this country, it don’t add inches to your ****. You get a life sentence for it.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, police-worship is the bane of British culture. =]

Absolutely. It' not like being mistaken for a copper will get you attacked randomly in chip shops....

-Elwood Blues

I thought you guys loved Bobbies. Seeing as you invented them, and all. :p

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"I mean,"- A poem by Blank

Do whatever makes you feel good. We'll all die someday, so why not live it up? Drugs, sex, whatever. I don't care if it is wrong or if I die sooner, as long as I feel good.

I mean, you should do your best to live a long, healthy life, doing your favourite things, contributing to society, helping others, finding the love of your life, having kids, living life to its fullest.

I mean, I personally prefer to be shot and killed rather than live another day.

I mean, if the opportunity presented itself, I'd try my best to stop a maniacal shooter because it would create a situation where my death would be acceptable to most people around me.

I mean, if the opportunity presented itself, I'd try my best to stop a maniacal shooter because it is the right thing to do. I hope I'd be selfless and sacrifice my life.

I mean, life is great. Get body armour to protect your valuable, meaningful, wonderful life!

I mean, I'm only here right now because I believe God doesn't want me to take my life. Otherwise, life isn't worth it in my eyes. "Cruelest dream: reality."

I mean, you guys are being insensitive, especially after what happened at Virginia Tech.

I mean, life is precious, and you are all privileged and blessed, so make the best of it!

I mean, life sucks and I wish I was one of those people at Virginia Tech.

I mean, guns being legal are the problem here.

I mean, deranged lunatic outbreaks once in a blue moon are the problem here.

I mean, hundreds of people don't already die every day from starvation, we should definitely pay attention to the deaths at Virginia Tech and pay no attention to other deaths on a larger scale.

I mean, this could happen to you!

I mean, I want this to happen to me!

I mean, this kind of thing is preventable. Had society been kinder and accepted this poor, lost soul, the incident would not have occurred.

I mean, nobody could have prevented this tragedy, nobody could have known.

Teh Edn.

Edited by Blank

I mean, I'm only here right now because I believe God doesn't want me to take my life. Otherwise, life isn't worth it in my eyes. "Cruelest dream: reality."

You should read a little wider; I recommend some Albert Camus ... possibly The Outsider or perhaps even a jaunt through The Myth of Sisyphus to explore his explanation using the absurd man. :p

I mean, hundreds of people don't already die every day from starvation, we should definitely pay attention to the deaths at Virginia Tech and pay no attention to other deaths on a larger scale.

I mean, this kind of thing is preventable. Had society been kinder and accepted this poor, lost soul, the incident would not have occurred.

That's the point, really. This is not a huge tragedy, determined by scale, but it is notionally preventable (as opposed to natural disasters and "acts of God" :lol: ). Hence people tend to get disproportionately upset, because they perceive that an event could have been prevented. (Ignoring the great good that inevitably leads from and indubitably requires great evil.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I hope you won't be offended if I say I didn't think it was the best poem I've ever read. But it had some fresh ideas, and wasn't completely awful!

-Elwood Blues