Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

I know, I know. Thankfully, a shot of 2 Unlimited and Depeche Mode washed it away.

I used a shot of the Transformers theme from the animated movie. That was a kick ass theme. :lol:

Will + All: Apparently the leaked version that was talked about earlier was not the official version. Supposedly Mute Math is doing the real theme and they have a clip on the band's myspace here. Personally I think it's even worse than the fake one. :p

Erm.. I think the one you think is fake is the real one. The piano bit is at the beginning of the trailer when Bernie Mac is saying stuff. Its like a bad copy of a Linkin Park song. That description alone should suffice in conveying the quality of the song.

Either way they are both terrible.

I think the one from Sector 7 is actually Linkin Park.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5860

New bat suit. Its sorta bad-ass. I like what they did with the cowl. Making it more like a helmet so he can move his head more, yet maintaining the batman look.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Also, Keanu Reeves turned down the role of Dr Manhattan in the Watchmen movie.

Thank FSM for that.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm not looking forward to the next Dog Soldiers movie, Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat (groan).

I agree with some of the sentiments from some people at IMDB in how to screw up this movie:

- Have the yank troops shout "hoo ya" constantly before, and after each werewolf battle in that yankee 'macho' marine style.

- Have close-ups of marines "gearing up." You know the sort of thing - clips being slammed into rifles, grenade-belts being strapped on, knives shoved into sheaths, camoflage make-up being applied...

- the new wolves are "smarter, faster and more deadly" but yet the "small US forces unit" is gonna whoop the wolves arses right after the british army struggled with the normal werewolves?

But then it is the trend in sequels made by Hollywood to throw in a load of American soliders, so I suppose it's to be expected. The co-writer/director Rob Greens plot summary states that the events of this movie take place at the same time as the original movie. WTF? There was no mention of American soldiers in the war games. Also, Captain Ryan is in this movie? That would mean, this movie apparently starts before the werewolves attack coopers team. So pretty much this movie will be taking place during the attack of the original crew from the first movie, right? meaning they are supposedly happening at the same time? Who knows. :teehee:

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Saw Fantastic Four today... thought that it was in desperate need of a new writer (it had two distinct plotlines that if written right, could have made another movie). I won't spoil it but lets just say that Surfer isn't the ultimate power that they make him out to be in the previews.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, Captain Ryan is in this movie? That would mean, this movie apparently starts before the werewolves attack coopers team. So pretty much this movie will be taking place during the attack of the original crew from the first movie, right? meaning they are supposedly happening at the same time? Who knows. :yucky:

Flashbacks?

Saw Fantastic Four today... thought that it was in desperate need of a new writer (it had two distinct plotlines that if written right, could have made another movie). I won't spoil it but lets just say that Surfer isn't the ultimate power that they make him out to be in the previews.

I saw it yesterday too (jinx?) and I was quite surprised that it wasn't as bad as the first. I think a lot has to be down to the fact that there were ZERO lines of dialogue with Alba pretending to be a scientist, which meant she didn't have to stretch to anything outside her range of pouting and working the runway. (Who did her make-up? She looked like a shaved orang-utan, her fake-tan was so thick and her skin so orange.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw it yesterday too (jinx?) and I was quite surprised that it wasn't as bad as the first. I think a lot has to be down to the fact that there were ZERO lines of dialogue with Alba pretending to be a scientist, which meant she didn't have to stretch to anything outside her range of pouting and working the runway. (Who did her make-up? She looked like a shaved orang-utan, her fake-tan was so thick and her skin so orange.)

yup... again a new writer and you could have made the movie a DAMN good movie. But instead they went for 15 seconds of action and alot of pouting so we got what we got.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm really looking forward to see the new Three Investigators and the Secret of Skeleton Island movie coming out later this year. It's a shame they didn't start with the first book. This movie is based on the 6th book in the series. But then I can understand why they didn't start with the first book, as you would have to have Alfred Hitch**** in it or atleast someone playing Alfred Hitch****. Depending on how well this is received, there could be more Three Investigator movies.

I don't know if any of you ever played it, but if you didn't... you missed out. The "Hitman" series from Danish IOI.

Well, the game is now a movie... and the first trailer is out. I loved the game and the music of the game, and in the trailer the spirit of the game seems to be intact.... this is going to be big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJi46vfxyig

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

Jesus, I'll be waiting for this. Although Olyphant is missing the skull shape of 47, otherwise the design seems pretty spot on.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Needs more albino. Otherwise, the music is perfect.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I guess I'll see this. Even if it sucks

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It looks decent to me. The explosions seem to be the usual hollywood "Must have pyrotechnics in trailer" thing. Other than that the whole look and feel of it resembles the games pretty well. I especially look forward to seeing 47's return to Ort-Meyers little den of mischief.

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

It looks decent to me. The explosions seem to be the usual hollywood "Must have pyrotechnics in trailer" thing. Other than that the whole look and feel of it resembles the games pretty well. I especially look forward to seeing 47's return to Ort-Meyers little den of mischief.

-Farb

I agree. The only thing missing seems to be agent 47's forehead.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 1 month later...

Well, I was initially pretty psyched about the Beowulf movie coming out this winter. But now that I've seen the trailer I'm a little leery. The cinematics look...wrong. Almost cartoonish. Maybe it's just my screen. Chrck it out if you haven't already: Beowulf Movie

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I was initially pretty psyched about the Beowulf movie coming out this winter. But now that I've seen the trailer I'm a little leery. The cinematics look...wrong. Almost cartoonish. Maybe it's just my screen. Chrck it out if you haven't already: Beowulf Movie

Well it is CG. Its done with the same process as the Polar Express. Its borderline uncanny valley.

I personally think its cool. Once the technology gets to a certain point, we can bust out the fantasy casting using actors that would have fit the part 20 years ago and such, because we can just make them look young/fit/etc. even if they aren't anymore.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I personally think its cool. Once the technology gets to a certain point, we can bust out the fantasy casting using actors that would have fit the part 20 years ago and such, because we can just make them look young/fit/etc. even if they aren't anymore.

I think CGI still has to improve a fair bit before age masking can become a decent reality. I thought the bits in X3 where Charles and Magneto visit a young Jean Grey were pretty bad. I kind of prefer what they did with Bilbo's flashback from the Lord Of the Rings. Just tape the buggers ears back!

Oh, and I can't wait to see Superbad!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.