Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/d5881...e4ae054-74.html

Hi Res images of some of the TFs from the upcoming movie. Some of them are cool(Jazz, Prime, though a stupid pose), some are not(Starscream, Ironhide, Frenzy), some are in between. They needed to simplify some of the designs a bit. Ironhide and Megatron look like walking bunches of scrap metal. Though Megatron's head is vastly improved in this shot from previous ones. Starscream is still the worst looking one. Hopefully this makes lots of money and the sequel gets a decent director who is a fan of Transformers and will have some redesigns done.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I guess the reason why an alien race of mechanoids would need to change into everyday vehicles is similar to superman disguising himself as Clark Kent. (But, in both instances, I can't see it as being an imperative.)

I still don't know how these aliens planned to transform into old Earth technology is a bit obscure. Do they have a transformer that changes into an old Model T, or anything historical?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I guess the reason why an alien race of mechanoids would need to change into everyday vehicles is similar to superman disguising himself as Clark Kent. (But, in both instances, I can't see it as being an imperative.)

I still don't know how these aliens planned to transform into old Earth technology is a bit obscure. Do they have a transformer that changes into an old Model T, or anything historical?

They don't pick their transformation modes ahead of time, they pick them based off what is available in the area to replicate. Do you see many Model Ts around?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So they can change their transformations? Because some of them have some pretty terrible alter-egos. :down:

They can reformat themselves to suit their surroundings. Its not a quick process though so its not like shapeshifting. There was an alternate history comic they did called Hearts of Steel where they crashland during the industrial revolution and their alt modes are all like trains and steampunkish flying machines and such. It was pretty cool.

^Not from what I remember of the cartoon. One (non-humanoid) mode per Transformer/Decepticon.

The triple changers had two alt-modes. Astrotrain could become a locomotive and a space shuttle, Blitzwing could be a tank and a jet, etc. Sixshot had 5 alt modes too. They're not common though. I see them like people who have an aptitude for something, like a math genius or master artist.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

on spidey three...

I really didn't like the flag that they inserted only in the american release.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

on spidey three...

Everyone either laughed or groaned at that part in my theatre.

Devastatorsig.jpg

on spidey three...

Ok I'll bite. Why not?

simple... it's horribly placed.

Its only in the american release, It's not in ANY of the promo's for the movie, and it seems like they were trying to say that spiderman was the symbol of being an american (when that honor goes to captain america or superman)

You mean the scene when he's on the way to the construction site for the final battle and he runs in front of the US flag that takes up the whole screen? That was shown here is Oz. I thought it was cheesy.

yup.

It was adding politics to a popcorn flick...

on spidey three...

Ok I'll bite. Why not?

Its only in the american release, It's not in ANY of the promo's for the movie, and it seems like they were trying to say that spiderman was the symbol of being an american (when that honor goes to captain america or superman)

Huh? I thought Superman was Canadian and Jewish.

on spidey three...

Ok I'll bite. Why not?

The creators were.... Superman himself is now as a icon, connected with america. "Truth, Justice, and the american way" ring a bell?

if you really wanted to get technical he's not human.

on spidey three...

Ok I'll bite. Why not?

The creators were.... Superman himself is now as a icon, connected with america. "Truth, Justice, and the american way" ring a bell?

if you really wanted to get technical he's not human.

You have to be human to be a resident of a nation? He was raised in America! He's American. -.-

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."