What is the worst game you ever bought?

Bokishi

I had a good time in Sacred (or Sacred Plus, if I remember correctly), but I was playing it in co-op with my friends and we didn't bother much with the story. We were mostly exploring the vast open-ended land and fighting monsters to collect and trade loot among us. Also, there were lots and lots of tiny little side quests that you could do everywhere and they were surprisingly varied.

But yeah, the main story was a drag.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No no, there was a horrible one on the NES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutan...tles_(NES_game)

I actually had the PC version. Absolutely horrible game.

Uh, warning, language.

Dude, that's like one of the best games ever made. It's also one of the most difficult games ever made.

We actually talk about this game at work. That's how awesome it is. Because you know, we only talk about awesome games at Obsidian.

I agree, it was a good game for the good old NES. I rate it up there with Contra.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

While I would never claim that they were the best games I have ever played, I am surprised that so many people are mentioning Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind in their lists. Personally, I enjoyed both of these games, and, while I know they each had their shortcomings, dust off the disks every few months. One might need to know that the hundreds of modifications that I use have entirely reshaped the game, so my experience might have been different from those individuals who played the

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I bought the first Wayne Gretzky hockey game for the PSP. It was actually unplayable. It was laggy. Hockey games need to be smooth, and this lacked that. I tried to return it, but EB said it didn't matter that t was unplayable, they could only take it as a trade in.

Uh, warning, language.

Dude, that's like one of the best games ever made. It's also one of the most difficult games ever made.

We actually talk about this game at work. That's how awesome it is. Because you know, we only talk about awesome games at Obsidian.

I agree, it was a good game for the good old NES. I rate it up there with Contra.

Completely mad, the both of you!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Uh, warning, language.

Completely mad, the both of you!

Tales is right! You're both mad! That game had to be one of the most frustrating games ever created.

I know there's going to be a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I really really didn't catch on to the whole original NeverWinter Nights. I mean, this is more of an opinion thing rather than actual bad game design, because I know there's a lot of really big fans of this game, but I found it difficult to like a few aspects of it. I guess i found it quite a complicated game compared to the simpleness which I found in KotOR.

I guess I might not have given it enough time either really...

I definitely agree with Meta about that Tomb Raider game....now that was truely SHOCKING. Especially coming from an avid Tomb Raider fan before that...Tomb Raider 2 being the first game I ever bought I was real excited about the new one, but let down horrifically..

I know there's going to be a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I really really didn't catch on to the whole original NeverWinter Nights.

I know there are, at least, a couple of people on this forum who agree. I'm one of them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I want to change my vote to Tombraider: Angel of Darkness. I couldn't finish this game, despite gritting my teeth through some of the most atrocious game design EVER.

The worst of the series, but I still kind of enjoyed it. But then, during that time we were on a heavy TR kick, buying 2 copies of almost all the TR's so we could play at the same time etc. Maybe it's more fun when you can holler/laugh to your spouse about something in the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know there's going to be a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I really really didn't catch on to the whole original NeverWinter Nights.

I know there are, at least, a couple of people on this forum who agree. I'm one of them.

It was an odd story .

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Not saying it's the worst game (or even a "bad" game), just among the least good games that I paid good dollars for, enjoyment wise, as per the original posters question. I.e. *you bought*, not *ever made* :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I want to change my vote to Tombraider: Angel of Darkness. I couldn't finish this game, despite gritting my teeth through some of the most atrocious game design EVER.

The worst of the series, but I still kind of enjoyed it. But then, during that time we were on a heavy TR kick, buying 2 copies of almost all the TR's so we could play at the same time etc. Maybe it's more fun when you can holler/laugh to your spouse about something in the game.

I finally gave up when I had to attack the wolf with that guy (with the pizza-cutter weapon that I couldn't use for the fight). I've never had to stop a game due to the controls before. Or since.

I *am* a Tombraider fan, too. I went out afterwards and bought a PSone and the original game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I finally gave up when I had to attack the wolf with that guy (with the pizza-cutter weapon that I couldn't use for the fight). I've never had to stop a game due to the controls before. Or since.

I sort of gave up on the franchise after TR IV (which I didn't finish, which was a first at the time for an old TR fan). I guess I missed out on all the crap fun that is Chronicles and Angel of Darkness.

If you happen to run across TR Legends in the bargain bin, give it a try. It was a pleasant surprise.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm probably gonna be flamed for this, but I'll take that risk and say that I couldn't for the life of me get into Troika's Arcanum.

I tought the animation was awful, the interface unwieldy, that AI seemed buggy, the controls in general (but particularly the two available combat modes) felt odd and clunky and the story didn't manage to grab me in any way, shape or form. So, yea. Arcanum is probably one of the worst games I've bought.

It didn't stop me from purchasing Troika's other two offerings tho, both of which I have very fond memories of (ToEE, although completely devoid of any story, still has the best implementation of D&D rules in a video game, ever, and had gorgeous graphics. And Bloodlines has one of my favorite settings in a CRPG and ranks right up there with the best when it comes to atmosphere and story-telling).

L.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Master of Orion 3, no question

The name sounds familiar.

Where's Darque when you need her?

Good question. I thought we were cool, she hasn't said anything to me about her not being here.

Then she's obviously avoiding you personally :)...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me