What is the worst game you ever bought?

Bokishi

is it bizarre that I got hours of enjoyment from the Army Men series?

Probably Outlaw Volleyball. The only good thing about that game was Steve Carell as the commentator.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I guess I'd have to say Sim ThemePark. Couldn't stand it.

It's no Roller Coaster Tycoon ...

There's some games I hardly played because I could tell right off I wasn't going to like it, like DungeonSiege2, The Last Express, etc. so maybe they'd qualify, but hard to say based on 30-60 minutes of gameplay. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor - Not only is it the worst game I ever played, but after uninstalling it I had to reinstall my operating system. Beat that!

I agree with that. Evil buggy game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I can't afford to buy crap games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor - Not only is it the worst game I ever played, but after uninstalling it I had to reinstall my operating system. Beat that!

I think you win.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Either Children of Man or Lords of Magic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's a toss up between Dungeon Lords and Ultima IX: Ascension. Problem with both those games is that after heavy patching, I was able to enjoy both games a lot..

If we're talking games that I've been given too (Hey, it's part of my job!), I have to say.. Neverwinter Nights. I had such high hopes for that game and it turned out to be so boring, so ugly, so stupid and so repetitive. Even the story was insanely dumb. Of course, I'm only talking about the single player aspect as I never even tried multiplayer.

Oh, and Morrowind has to get a mention too! I actually bought that game.. wow, I almost forgot about that. Anyhow, I loved Daggerfall and Morrowind turned out to be an ugly, boring and uninspired mess of a game.

I can't choose. One of those four games. I think I can rule out Ultima IX, since it's become somewhat of a collector's item since then and I love my big Ultima box.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Morrowind and Fable: B

The Bard's Tale: C

Call of Cthulhu: C-

I'd give CoC a D, but it has some great moments. J. Edgar Hoover strapping me down to a chair and slapping me around until I cooperate. Me unleashing a beast that kills the little girl, her ghost popping up occasionally, and the big band theme slipping into tense moments.

However, if these really are the worst games you've bought, then you've been lucky.

If you ever want to torture me, here's a good game that will make me beg for death:

Myst

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It's a toss up between NWN1, Deathtrap Dungeon and Tombraider III

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Journey: The Escape.

Buggy Atari 2600 game that had a game stopping bug that you can never escape the first level.

Even E.T. was better than that.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sanitarium

Most boring game ever. I think I'm the only one who hates this game with a passion.

I love Sanitarium :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!