Party goes BOOOM!

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/6551589.stm

Let this be a lesson to you young pups. If you do plan any kind of large party ensure you have on hand, or quick access to, some way of ejecting persons who are out of order. When I was at uni we used to keep a special stash of 'certain' ingredients that when burned would produce this highly unpleasant smoke.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, exactly. I've never understood Myspace. The only people you'd want to know the stuff you put on there know it already!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ouch!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Id disown her for sure after punching her in the throat and pushing her down an escalator.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

They should enter the house for the Turner Prize.

I don't see why the girl should be staying with friends for a 'cooling off' period. Why isn't she cleaning up the house?

Bad parenting. Which is exactly why this all started in the first place. Kids these days are retarded, they don't understand things like consequences and what is hugely retarded idea.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I don't see why the girl should be staying with friends for a 'cooling off' period. Why isn't she cleaning up the house?

Bad parenting. Which is exactly why this all started in the first place. Kids these days are retarded, they don't understand things like consequences and what is hugely retarded idea.

So you've NEVER had a party go 'awry'? I submit that anyone who answered yes is not having sufficiently good parties.

-Elwood Blues

So you've NEVER had a party go 'awry'? I submit that anyone who answered yes is not having sufficiently good parties.

Bad parties doesn't necessarily mean bad parenting, which I think you were saying Walsh, but that said - this girl seems to lack some common sense. The first thing you do when half your guests start thrashing your home - is call the cops - that way you are in a much better position when your parents come home! the key phrases are; "who has liability?" and "who can I blame?" :huh:

Fortune favors the bald.

Agreed with meta. I was faced with a similar situation once before so I think I'd know. I didn't let any of those d*** faces in my house becuase I'm not stupid. My friend said 5-6 people, ended up with over 20 cars parked on my street. You've got to be either an idiot or one hell of a naive sob. I'd say this girl is a bit of both.

No kid who's on "normal" good terms w/their parents would've allowed that to happen w/out calling the police or knocking on neighbors doors, or something, so I agree. A little trash and fun, sure, but not to that scale. Something weird going on there, for sure. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No kid who's on "normal" good terms w/their parents would've allowed that to happen w/out calling the police or knocking on neighbors doors, or something, so I agree. A little trash and fun, sure, but not to that scale. Something weird going on there, for sure. :)

She could have been high by the time it kicked off.

EDIT: seems to me like a good time to pick up a house cheap in a very nice bit of the country, if they eally are selling up.

-Elwood Blues

Go for it!

Just take pics of it for the "BEFORE" picture and post up the "AFTER" when everything is cleaned up.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

They were marking their territory.

She could have been high by the time it kicked off.

Point taken.

Or maybe the person was threatened in some way by the "guests".

Still...I'm dubious.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No kid who's on "normal" good terms w/their parents would've allowed that to happen w/out calling the police or knocking on neighbors doors, or something, so I agree. A little trash and fun, sure, but not to that scale. Something weird going on there, for sure. :thumbsup:

There is intent AND the fact that the parents reacted by sending their daughter away afterwards lead to the inescapable conclusion that they had a defective relationship, to begin with.

They urinated in the wardrobes,

What possible purpose could this have served?

I've known people (I hesitate to call them friends, though they were friends of friends) who, when suitably inebriated, would mistake their own wardrobe for the toilet. Regularly.

As for why strangers would do such a thing, either they were in an altered state of mythic dimensions, or they thought it was a good way to help the daughter attack her parents (whether she was an accomplice before the fact, or not, remains to be seen).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They urinated in the wardrobes,

What possible purpose could this have served?

Maybe the wardrobes caught fire and the good people attending the party were just trying to put them out.

This would gel with the fact that someone had been stubbing out cigarettes on everything.

-Elwood Blues

some people dont need to be high for that kind of stuff.

I like to call them retards, but thats not fair to real retarded people, those with mental illness.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I get the feeling lack of common sense does pretty much sum up the whole event, and now I think the girl knows the consequences of her stupidity/lack of common sense. To be honest though, I'm not sure if I'd agree with calling the police on your own daughter as these parents have done, sure she might have wrecked their house, which can be repaired with money - a material thing, but surely your own parents calling the police about you would have more of an emotional impact...

Bah, I've totally lost my post-memory, i've forgotten half of what I meant to say..