Racist 3D Animation Shorts on Fox

Fenghuang

Presumably it's to encourage people with racist prejudices to feel positively about Fox ("These guys at Fox share my values, they're my kind of people etc.") and thus more likely to watch Fox's TV channels?

If Rupert Murdoch is feeling sorry, when is he going to apologise? And what about reparations?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I reckon we should make racist statements about all Australians. Meta's an Aussie. I bet he's a billionairre geriatric media tycoon. Yah!

In fact I think it's about time all Australians made it more clear that they don't condone Murdoch type behaviour in their culture.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Murdoch isn't Australian ... he renounced his Australian citizenship in favour of US citizenship, to purchase a US media empire, as they have more stringent media ownership laws than Australia (which allows foreigners to own significant fractions of their print and tv media).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What does Austin have to do with taxes? Or death? He killed one person... with a 5km/h bulldozer that could have really easily be avoided...

Seriously, the short doesn't even sound funny.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Clearly you don't know Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

I'm sure he, smartly for him, pays alot of taxes via the corporation. I mean, death and taxes, right?

I challenge you to determine how much corporate tax he pays. I doubt HE knows; the hundreds of corporate entities that cross-invest in each other defeated international financiers years ago when he bid for some new asset ...

But I'm more interested in your definition of nationality, if it isn't citizenship, what is it?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm sure he, smartly for him, pays alot of taxes via the corporation. I mean, death and taxes, right?

I challenge you to determine how much corporate tax he pays. I doubt HE knows; the hundreds of corporate entities that cross-invest in each other defeated international financiers years ago when he bid for some new asset ...

But I'm more interested in your definition of nationality, if it isn't citizenship, what is it?

Which beer you drink?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know I saw the shorts and it confused me because I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to mean. Usually stuff they show on TV is a reference to..well...something. But in this case it seemed like a total non-sequitor.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Which beer you drink?

So ... nurture rather than nature?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

the only thing I watch on fox is house, 24, and the Simpsons.

I watch the American Idol auditions, but the rest of the season is crap.

but yeah Iv'e seen the short animations, they started being shown two or three weeks ago.

Honestly I don't really know what to make of the animations. they're no more than about 10 seconds long and don't seem to make much sense.

My first impression was that fox was going to introduce a new show but know I just don't know.

I'm not shure how rascist the animations are but they are definatly sterotypical.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I noticed one or two come on when watching 24.

They basically involve an audio tape saying something and then the cabbie butchers it so it comes out in a goofy way. As many have pointed out, sometimes these 'jokes' don't work and people don't get it.

Sort of like-

TAPE: Do you want three?

CABBIE: Do you want me?

Not very funny little twists of the english language... but I don't think they are racist either.

Just stupid jokes. :ermm:

If Fox is simply producing dross then I don't know that it's exactly news...

-Elwood Blues

Which beer you drink?

So ... nurture rather than nature?

"Citizenship" is belonging to a state (a government, as defined by the government's laws and such).

"Nationality" is belonging to a nation.

The real question here is the difference between state and nation. The state is institutions, laws, etc. The nation is an idea. Like the American Dream -- it's not written and ratified like the constitution, it doesn't actually, physically exist anywhere, it's an idea we share that shapes our conception of nationality.

The question of nature vs. nurture however... well that's a whole other ball of wax. Many nationalities are defined as much by ethnic and tribal groups as by cultural practice, but I'd like to think that's not how it works in America.

Which beer you drink?

I'm a global citizen. I drink beer from every nation.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I should point out that Meta and I are not citizens but subjects of her Britannic majesty. The old dear who lives at Buck house.

-Elwood Blues

All joking aside, this cartoon is in poor taste. I just wonder how many folks would be up in arms if it were a white man depicted as physically inferior. ...Or under-endowed. The shorts seem ridiculously stupid to me, but the responses here are decidedly one sided. What a surprise.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

All joking aside, this cartoon is in poor taste. I just wonder how many folks would be up in arms if it were a white man depicted as physically inferior. ...Or under-endowed. The shorts seem ridiculously stupid to me, but the responses here are decidedly one sided. What a surprise.

How is the cabbie being depicted as physically inferior? We can't even see his body. Under-endowed?? I'm not even going to go there. I will agree with 'ridiculously stupid' though. If the attempt was to be funny they've failed miserably as half the time you can barely hear what he is saying, and the other half it just isn't funny.

I've seen one where Rosie O' Donnel is in the car and the cabbie asks why she wants to be on TV, it adds 10 lbs. Another with Donald asking why he doesn't get a hair cut. They just made two white people look stupid and physically inferior, and I'm not up in arms about the little short.

Yet another where he says 'Criminal.... Hooker... OOOWAY... Hooker with businessman'. :p

The only thing I'm 'up in arms' over about these shorts is that they just aren't funny... not even a little bit. Maybe he needs some good 'why did the chicken cross the road' jokes.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Some of my favorite sit-coms depict white people as physically inept and entirely lacking in street smarts. My point is that folks raise neither a hure nor cry when tv does something far more insulting, such as portraying white men as sexually inferior. I think, where this program depicts semitic people as terrorists, it is contemptible. Otherwise, it is merely sadly unfunny.

I doubt I would laugh at it. I don't tend to laugh at racial based comedy, politically correct (such as the underlying suggestion that white men are physically inferior eunuchs) or politically incorrect (implying that arab immigrants are terrorists).

Obsidian Plays

"Citizenship" is belonging to a state (a government, as defined by the government's laws and such).

Actually, as Rousseau notes, a "citizen" is a member of a city state (city-zen). Similar to subjects of a monarch, or the public in a republic. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually, as Rousseau notes, a "citizen" is a member of a city state (city-zen). Similar to subjects of a monarch, or the public in a republic. :skeptical:

What if you live in a upturned milk crate?

-Elwood Blues