Bethesda buys the Fallout IP from Interplay

aVENGER

Link please.

Nice one. You know as well as I do that was on the BIS/IPLY boards and those died long ago.

Suffice to say you haven't changed a bit in like 7 years.

The thing is BIS did change what I would have disliked, what would garner a no -sale from me, about IWD2 prior to release. They did make the game acceptable and got rid of those stupid kits, the part of the game I would have hated and not buy because of it, from second edition. And once again Llyranor is being an ass without actually adding to the discussion. How typical. Besides, its not like I am clamouring that it must be 2D or strictly turn base.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Man you guys are a bunch of negative nancys. I'm sure it'll be just fine in the hands of beth..... :ermm:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I bet FO3 will be better than you guys think.

If the box exploded when you opened it, it would be better than what some of these guys think.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Every time a Fallout fanboy complains, god kills a kitten.

The average life expectancy of cats just dropped significantly.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What I am expecting Bethesda's Fallout to be is like Stalker, but with character creation and stats that has very little to do with SPECIAL, and the third person toggle.

Might be a good game on its own, but would make a terrible Fallout.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

What I am expecting Bethesda's Fallout to be is like Stalker, but with character creation and stats that has very little to do with SPECIAL, and the third person toggle.

This actually sounds like a fantastic game, provided the game captures the atmosphere of Stalker rather than Oblivion.

I suspect it's going to be better than I expect, but still far removed from the original Fallout.

So you expect it to be better than you expect? How does that work?

I didn't expect much from, say, Jade Empire but was surprised by a couple of things, even if in the end I didn't enjoy the game that much. Same will likely go for Fallout 3.

This actually sounds like a fantastic game, provided the game captures the atmosphere of Stalker rather than Oblivion.

I agree it would. I think that might be something that Obsidian could work on with the new Unreal engine after the Aliens game.

I am thinking that it would be an extension of what Stalker could have been if they made it more of a CRPG than a FPS.

STALKER is not a perfect game. It could have benefited from a world more like the one in Oblivion (huge area with almost no loading times instead of the different zones surrounded by barb wire fence) for example. But I would love to see more games with such a fantastic atmosphere that STALKER has. Easily the best part of STALKER and something I hope Fallout 3 will aim for.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I really hate "Hey buddy, you run alot, let me increase your running skill! And if you shoot alot, I might increase your shooting skills as well buddy. I love you!" character progression style.

I liked it in Quest for Glory.

Learn-by-doing isn't a bad system.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You mean real life is open for abuse? If you practice something over and over, you're bound to get better..

I loved the system in Wasteland. It was learn-by-doing, but I never felt compelled to abuse it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Zoma

"So it'll be just a Stalker clone?"

I think it's natural to bringing up the last notable game in your memory banks when talking about a good game you want made. STALKER had a good atmosphere. It's one of those games that makes you appreciate how far graphics have come.

karka:

"I think it's a system which is very open to abuse. "

I agree with this. It's a bit like making an XP system then filling the map with respawning, wandering critters. QFG was well designed in that it had an energy meter that let you train only so many times per day, and you could never train up a skill that was at 0. If you wanted to use a skill during the game, you had to put points into it during character creation.

Edited by Maria Caliban