JKA v. SW KOTOR

JKA was fun but to compare it with KotOR is just crazy! KotOR is 100 times better than JA will ever be. If you really feel that JA is better maybe you should play KotOR again until you understand the meaning of a good game. :yucky: KotOR shall reign forever :)

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

JKA. It's a lot easier to get into, and overall just more fun. Mutiplayer also gives it more replay value.

The combat wasn't just button mashing, if you explored it you'd find that it rewarded you for being creative.

As for outcast it was IMO, a lot more tedious than JA. JA improved on the combat system bigtime, as well as level design.

On outcast you had lightsaber locks far more frequently than on JKA. Also, you had the Jedi Master game mode. So if you ask me (not that many people do), outcast is better than JKA, and kotor is better than them both.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

well, unless you are fighting other enemies with sabers. :lol:

happens all the time though. and even with sabers its insanely hard to kill them, unless you block well and have a good force rage (hopefully thats the right name)... at least it wasn't like in the Ep.III game, where it takes a few hundred direct hits with a saber to finally kill the guy. Enemies usually die from the first 2 or 3 blows from a saber...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think they should have had their limbs cut off, no not after they die like what does sometimes happen, but if you strike them the first time they should have say, a hand cut off. Jedi Academy was quite realistic with the saber combat, I believe it was about two hits and then they are dead, and for any normal enemies it was about 1. It was true that Outcast had more saber locks, and I certainly liked saber locks XD

Jedi Academy was quite realistic with the saber combat

:yucky:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think they should have had their limbs cut off, no not after they die like what does sometimes happen, but if you strike them the first time they should have say, a hand cut off. Jedi Academy was quite realistic with the saber combat, I believe it was about two hits and then they are dead, and for any normal enemies it was about 1. It was true that Outcast had more saber locks, and I certainly liked saber locks XD

cut off limbs would mean M rating though.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm assuming that you are talking about the US version of Academy-I might be confusing my games a little but I'm sure you can cut arms off in the UK version of the game. I do know that there is a mod around somewhere that allows you to litrally dis-arm opponents, just can't recall where I saw it.

its rated T and you can cut off people arms and legs i've done it in jka it was kinda fun seeing the body go one way and the arms go another

Nah, parents wouldn't buy it for their twelve year old kids, so in the end it means less profit. Which is probably the only thing on Lucasarts's mind right now.

I think you're wrong. JKA was a horribly flawed game. The combat was very hit and run against saber-wielding opponents, and the blaster opponents couldn't even hit you unless you stood still for 4 seconds. Everyone else can always jump higher than you, the saber opponents are needlessly hard and there seems to be no end to them. The storyline was just awful. I think everyone had figured it out by the end of the first level. "Hmmm...Now why would the Disciples of Ragnos want to store force energy?". Not to mention that bringing back an ancient Sith Lord would be undermining the whole 'One with the Force' thing. The missions were straightforward enough. "Make your way to X and kill anything that gets in your way".

The only way to make this game remotely acceptable is to ignore SP altogether and download a hardrive worth of mods for that game (which, ironically, is what I'm doing right now).

^^

KotORsig.jpg

On outcast you had lightsaber locks far more frequently than on JKA. Also, you had the Jedi Master game mode. So if you ask me (not that many people do), outcast is better than JKA, and kotor is better than them both.

You could engage in saber locks pretty frequently. And JA had better variety and moves in combat, it was an improvement in this most important of areas. Level design in JA was also more sensible, and allowed for less tidious levels.

Outcast may have had the better narration but JA was the more enjoyable to play.

Outcast just had more of a linear story. JA was just do this do that, and really only the last few levels were of any importance. Pretty much just made the rest of the game a waste. I personally never played the game seriously after I passed it. When I played it through second and third times around I usually put god mode on, all force powers, and much more realistic combat with all sorts of limbs falling off.