Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oh... Well, they might not be same since it's completely original setting and all

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Palace of the silver princess and dark waters, and thats off the top of my head."

 

Are they Actually good, or do you just like them because they're NWN2? I've tried to play about a half dozen NWN2 modules. None of them imporessed, including and espicially a certain much hyped one.

 

I've tried a few PWs, and only one seems like it'll have potential later on when it is more developed.

 

I'll try your suggestions, however.

 

 

"Why are you such a bioware tool V?"

 

Why are you such an obsidian tool R?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> Are they Actually good, or do you just like them because they're NWN2? I've tried to play about a half dozen NWN2 modules. None of them imporessed, including and espicially a certain much hyped one.

 

*I* like them but what you like and I like is subjective. For example you thought the nwn1 OC was the bomb, I thought it was little more then 2 giant fed-ex quests taped together.

 

But either way much love and effort went into both and I enjoyed my time playing them so far. As I said before; If you strip away all the 'made over a weekend' quality modules from the nwn1 vault what are you really left with? Not much better, quantity wise then what we have with nwn2 during the same time period.

 

> I've tried a few PWs, and only one seems like it'll have potential later on when it is more developed.

 

I don't recall many highly rated PWs the first 6 months of nwn1's life. This is especially going to be true when 1 area can take x4 longer or more vs. nwn1 to create. So some patience is going to be required.

 

> I'll try your suggestions, however.

 

I think you'll appreciate the new toolset if you do.

 

> Why are you such an obsidian tool R?

 

How quickly we forget all my public comments critical of certain OEI choices I made on nwn2news... Seems unless I praise Toxicware at every turn I am a Obsid fanboi... heh

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Link to post
Share on other sites

"For example you thought the nwn1 OC was the bomb"

 

No, I didn't. Why do people need to make stuff up? Since when is 75% = 'da bomb'? WOW!

 

 

"Wow quickly we forget all my public comments critical of certain OEI choices I made on nwn2news... Seems unless I praise Toxicware at every turn I am a Obsid fanboi... heh"

 

I calls them as I see them.

 

It shoiuld be pointed out that this 'BIO tool' criticizes them A LOT. Just check out my comments on KOTOR, SOU, my rating for the NWN1 OC (omg, 75%!), and my nagging doubt of ME's dialogue system.

 

WOO HOO!

 

 

P.S. I rated NWN2 about the same as NWN1 OC. I guess that's 'da bomb' for me too. Same with KOTOR2, and KOTOR1. About 75% each. OMG! I'm an Obsidian fanboy too! And, I must be a HUGE Troika fanboy 'cause I LOVE Arcanum, and BL way more than either NWN OC, or KOTOR game.

 

 

L0L0L0LLIPOP

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I enjoyed all three Troika games (though ToEE only after heavy modification) and have never considered myself a fanboy. Maybe I would have to deny all the bugs to be considered a fanboy?

 

Was Arcanum anything like Fallout? I'm tempted to play it. Have the CDs here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I enjoyed all three Troika games (though ToEE only after heavy modification) and have never considered myself a fanboy. Maybe I would have to deny all the bugs to be considered a fanboy?

 

Was Arcanum anything like Fallout? I'm tempted to play it. Have the CDs here.

 

I dunno, I hadn't played a Fallout game before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I enjoyed all three Troika games (though ToEE only after heavy modification) and have never considered myself a fanboy. Maybe I would have to deny all the bugs to be considered a fanboy?

 

If you want to be a fanboi, defend a game from a well-known developer from accusations of 'it sucks!'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Was Arcanum anything like Fallout? I'm tempted to play it. Have the CDs here.

I also haven't finished Fallout to compare properly, but Arcanum is a very good game - the story is interesting, the setting too, the (turn-based) combat is good fun and a refreshing change from the real-time with pause that dominates these days - and the magic vs. tech thing is fascinating. I'd recommend it any day. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Link to post
Share on other sites

> No, I didn't. Why do people need to make stuff up? Since when is 75% = 'da bomb'? WOW!

 

You defend it every time I turn around and say it is on par quality wise. So while you did not say it was 'the bomb' your constant defense of it pretty much makes that a accurate comment. And don't dispute all the positive comments you have made about it or I'll go wading into the forum archives on various sites... :ermm:

 

> I calls them as I see them.

 

As do I. I am sorry if in your eyes I have to be critical of OEI as much as Bio or else I am a fanboi. which seems to be what you are implying. sorry but Bio has much longer history (thus far) and more games under its belt to be pro/con about. I have *ONE* game from OEI that I can talk about. If you do the math...

 

> It shoiuld be pointed out that this 'BIO tool' criticizes them A LOT. Just check out my comments on KOTOR, SOU, my rating for the NWN1 OC (omg, 75%!), and my nagging doubt of ME's dialogue system.

 

Yet you defend them at every turn whenever someone else says something negative about them. You have spoken up MANY times when I have been critical of the nwn1 OC and other design choices. However I never saw you once run to Obsidians defense when I have been critical of them on nwn2news (which was several times over the past 3 yrs)... Mixed messages if you ask me. Be consistent at least. heh.

 

I also see how you conveniently skipped over the part in my OP of Georg stalking me/harassing me on their own forums yet I take the fall. Not going to spin that as pro-bio as well?

 

and lollipops rules! :) Well maybe not rule... but are kinda cool in a sweet, sugary, messy way. Sorta like you. :sweat:

Edited by Rhomal

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem is Stanley Woo. Man, he can hold a grudge and no sense of humor to boot.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

 

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the story in NWN 2, though I think quite a few things could have been developed more.

 

My biggest complaints (and I'm sure I've mentioned this in numerous threads) were the technical variety. The game just doesn't run very good compared to other next-gen games and the game is completly lacking in special effects from NWN 1 (like arrows sticking to targets, splashing water and dozens of other little things). Wish they had added ragdoll physics too. It sucks that in 2007 we still only get the basic 'clip into the wall' death animation. Basically I think the engine sucks... however it is atleast stable. I've had 0 crashes in the game after many hours of play.

 

I've been very happy about how Obsidian has been patching the game and I'm looking forward to the expansion. I was worried that they wouldn't support the game as well as Bioware supported NWN 1 but Obsidian has been tossing out impressive patch after impressive patch. These aren't dinky little do-nothing patches, but the kind that actually make the game better and they're making it better little by little.

 

I'm really excited about the expansion and I can't wait to see what new features, critters and adventures are in it. :ermm:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat
Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it before and I'll say it again... NWN2 is what NWN1 should have been. Obsidian ROCKS!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

 

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Link to post
Share on other sites
The game just doesn't run very good compared to other next-gen games

It was released on the XBox 360, Wii, or PS3?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yet you defend them at every turn whenever someone else says something negative about them. You have spoken up MANY times when I have been critical of the nwn1 OC and other design choices. However I never saw you once run to Obsidians defense when I have been critical of them on nwn2news (which was several times over the past 3 yrs)... Mixed messages if you ask me. Be consistent at least. heh."

 

More lies. I don't defend them at every turn. SEWince when is 'KOTOR is overrated' defending them?

 

Since when is syaing that I have doubts about ME's dialogue system 'cause I pefer to know what my character says defending them?

 

Why are you making stuff up?

 

The fact of that matter is that you are making stuff. Sure, I defend BIO when someone says soemthing id isagree with about them. I do the same with Obsidian, and even Troika.

 

You obviously don't read nwn2news all that much since I've both agreed and disgareed with you on stuff dealing with both BIO and Obsidian.

 

 

"I also see how you conveniently skipped over the part in my OP of Georg stalking me/harassing me on their own forums yet I take the fall.

 

You seem to do just fine stalking/harassing him him just fine. Stop crying because he actually has the power to do soemthing about it just like you are King on your site. I don't care about you and Georg's I N T E R N E T D R A M A - just like I doubt much of anyone cares about my 'dramas' with certain devs either.

 

The bottom line is you bash BIO BIO at evwery turn, and mostly because of your personal beef with them, and it's like pulling teeth for you to make an honest assessment of Obsidian or BIO's work without bias.

 

R00fles!

 

 

P.S. There is topns of exmaples of me praiisng BIO. No doubt about it, and not surprising sicne I like them. Hwoever, there are also LOTS of exmaples of me criticizing them as well.

 

 

L0LLERGAGS!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I enjoyed all three Troika games (though ToEE only after heavy modification) and have never considered myself a fanboy. Maybe I would have to deny all the bugs to be considered a fanboy?

 

Was Arcanum anything like Fallout? I'm tempted to play it. Have the CDs here.

Arcanum was a good game. Decent story, excellent character creation and progression but the character graphics are not that great.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I enjoyed all three Troika games (though ToEE only after heavy modification) and have never considered myself a fanboy. Maybe I would have to deny all the bugs to be considered a fanboy?

 

Was Arcanum anything like Fallout? I'm tempted to play it. Have the CDs here.

If you like the free-form roleplaying that went along with Fallout, you'll like it. It's a horrendous game in many aspects, the looks, the ****ty balancing, the end of the game (every Troika game ended badly, really) but the roleplaying is especially robust.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of NWN2, this SecuROM copy protection scheme is turning out to be a major headache. It's pretty amusing that I had to resort to downloading a cracked executable just to play a game I legally bought, but what are you to do?

 

As for Arcanum, I never could get into it. No idea why.

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

 

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

 

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

 

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Link to post
Share on other sites

> More lies. I don't defend them at every turn. SEWince when is 'KOTOR is overrated' defending them?

 

ONCE AGAIN, I am referring to nwn1 comments by you ONLY. I do NOT own any of these other game you keep bringing up.

 

And let me be very specific since you keep trying to bundle my comments to these other games. You have defended THE NWN1 OC at every turn anytime someone is critical of it. I do not believe that is a 'lie' by any means.

 

> Since when is syaing that I have doubts about ME's dialogue system 'cause I pefer to know what my character says defending them?

 

Don't care, as none of my comments were in reference to any other game except nwn1.

 

> Why are you making stuff up?

 

In the proper context, no I am not.

 

> You obviously don't read nwn2news all that much since I've both agreed and disgareed with you on stuff dealing with both BIO and Obsidian.

 

I have yet to see you NOT defend the nwn1 OC every chance you get. Which was my point to my comments.

 

> You seem to do just fine stalking/harassing him him just fine.

 

And you cal ME a fanboi? Please QUOTE me where I *started* ANYTHING with him. PLEASE. I can however produce several posts where he out the blue, even in threads I was never a part of, flamed and posted disparaging remarks to and about me. And you say I am making thinks up? *chuckle*

 

One should know the topic before commenting on it.

 

I know it shatters your world that certain bio devs are arse clowns but come on V. He was plainly in the wrong. in our PM's even Chris P didn't try defend his actions.

 

> The bottom line is you bash BIO BIO at evwery turn, and mostly because of your personal beef with them, and it's like pulling teeth for you to make an honest assessment of Obsidian or BIO's work without bias.

 

hhhmmmm see here: http://www.nwn2worlds.net/Articles/Reviews...83/Default.aspx

 

And I quote: "But overall this game is in no worse shape then when NWN 1 was released and we all have seen how that turned out. I have little doubt Obsidian will continue this great tradition of support that Bioware forged and this game will be on all our drives for years to come."

 

Looks like one of the several times I have given bioware kudos on my site past and present.

 

Have I been critical? Yes. I think the nwn1 OC was a after thought/laughable and I do not like the direction they are going CRPG wise. Sue me for not joining Vol's bioware cult. *grin*

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Link to post
Share on other sites

"You have defended THE NWN1 OC at every turn anytime someone is critical of it."

 

False. I have criticzed NWN1 OC alot, and have agreed with plenty of criticisms of it.

 

 

"I have yet to see you NOT defend the nwn1 OC every chance you get. Which was my point to my comments."

 

Youa rf eone of those who only remembers what you wnat to remember.

 

There are tons of things I've criticized the OC for.

 

There's a reason why I rated it at only the 'ultra high' 75%.

 

Don't be blind. Be smart. Be a reader. Not a makeitupper.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...