Real Breaking News: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Sand

Weird that the best D&D game I've ever played had a level cap of 8. And I almost felt like a god at that measly level!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's odd. Simply knowing that there's an expansion pack on the way has made me want to replay NWN2. It somehow makes it more meaningful to know that the story will have a proper conclusion.

Please don't just kill off Casavir or Elanee because you weren't happy with their romance paths in NWN2. By all means go back into NWN2 and improve the romances, but many fans, myself included, really appreciate well-written romance options. And I don't like killing off characters just because it makes the writers' lives easier. I turned off The Bourne Supremacy after 20 minutes for exactly that reason.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Just as long as they don't just restore the cut content (i.e. classes, such as shifter, mystic theurge, sacred fist, etc (toolsets are great to look at for 'what might have beens')) for the expansion and actually add something new (aside from the story) then I'll be happy.

It'd be wonderful if they fixed the OC, but I doubt'll happen. I just hope the storyline is less spoonfed to us this time and somewhat darker. Subtle is good :down:. I hope its more Kotor2's to Kotor1 (if that makes any sense).

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Curious, who are the key people working on the expansion this time around?

Its unlikely Josh and MCA will be involved in the expansion heavily since they should be busy with the Aliens RPG at the meantime.

Rob McGinnis could be one of them. He has taken control of the patches with NWN2 from Darren Monahan.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Its unlikely Josh and MCA will be involved in the expansion heavily since they should be busy with the Aliens RPG at the meantime.

Yeah. And I guess MCA has something to do with Project Georgia too.

Maybe one (sorry, I can't remember his name) who was responsible for Ocean Hotel in Bloodlines will be this ones main writer?

edit: And what about Raymond Holmes? He's lead designer for this or Georgia...

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Maybe one (sorry, I can't remember his name) who was responsible for Ocean Hotel in Bloodlines will be this ones main writer?

Are you thinking about Brian Mitsoda? Could be.

I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Are you thinking about Brian Mitsoda? Could be.

I

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Rashemen Locations

Lake Tirulag: This cold lake is filled with hardy trout and is a common site for contests of enduring harsh temperatures. Great treasure is said to be at the bottom of the lake, guarded by a white dragon that is almost invisible to normal sight

do we get to go swimming ? :)

I personally prefer crafting to have its own set of interface instead, filtering all the craftable items in that interface alone and all you need is to drag the respective items to slot #1 + #2 + #3 = a side bar to show what kind of bonuses the crafted item will possess and finally a button written "Attempt to craft".

Much more convenient than the current clunky one.

I think the part of the fun was to find out the recipes. This way it is too easy. And not needing a bench is silly too.

What would be better is to make stronger essences giving better bonuses actually work. The crafting tip says that but a recipe never works with a slightly different essence of a similar class.

the passage of time will have important impacts on gameplay

You mean the big flaming gates to hell don't just sit there waiting for you to come and close them? :)

Actually, it's quite a nice feature. I'd hope to see a day/night cycle that matters (no more 24-hour shopping, for example). Second, time limits to quests (little Timmy can't survive more than 4 days down the well, surely?). Third, timed events in the wider world that don't depend on your character, so revolutions, battles etc. where you can arrive at any time, before, during and after - and none of these is 'correct', they're just different, and you get different choices as a result.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

GB: How does the expansion tie in with the original game's campaign? What events have transpired that will set us forth in search of adventure again?

Kevin: Mask of the Betrayer begins almost immediately after the ending of NWN2. You will play your same character (if you wish), continuing his or her story. (Your weapons and gold are gone, but you

Yeah, there's two things I wish to be changed:

- No forced companions

- More open-ended. Although I enjoyed OC great deal it WAS too narrow. I'm talking about areas and overall feeling. It isn't huge job, just some filler/optional areas with their own subquests. I understand compact areas in Xbox titles like KotORs and JE. I love those games, but NWN2 as PC title should have been more open ended. PC has resources for it.

Of course, I too would like normal death system with Resurrection and Raise Dead spells having some meaning. This isn't big beefs like those above for me though.

I too think that changing crafting system to that is mistake, but since I don't use it anyway it doesn't matter much :)

Oh, and optimizing engine = good good good

Edited by Xard

Rob McGinnis could be one of them. He has taken control of the patches with NWN2 from Darren Monahan.

Nope. I am not the patch guy. Nathaniel's the guy.

As for crafting I would like to see it mre like PnP. Lower the gold piece requirements, put in Experience Point cost, and the like.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"PC has resources for it."

So do consoles. Compact areas vs. open exploration is purely a design chocie of the devlopers. There is, of course, good and bad that comes with either option.

I prefer more open exploration (KOTOR series wasn't too bad for this, JE was restricted in terms of where you can go but solid in how to deal with situations, NWN2 was inbetween).

Problem with the expansion is there likely won't be too much freedom of movement at leats not as much people want here. It's 15 hours long, and it's an expansion so they'll likely concentrate on doing things that most everyone will see; not optional stuff (though I'm sure they'll be some).

Sand wins; but I doubt Obsidian will go that route. They seem to prefer the 'munchkiny' way in that regard. It should one's power to enfuse the item with the magic. That's how D&D crafting is supposed to work. Though crafting in NWN2 OC was fun for what it was though.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.