NFL Season 2007

Kelverin

Anyone who expected him to repeat those numbers was already delusional.

Fair point. The curse of 370 had already doomed him. But most fantasy football drafts have a fair amount of "dumb money" in them-- owners who blindly pick the players who have earned the most "Boo-yah's" from Stuart Scott the previous season.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

"New England continued stockpiling Pro Bowl talent, reaching agreement with free-agent cornerback Tory James on a one-year deal worth about $1.3 million dollars -- with a chance to earn another $1.4 million in incentives.

James opted for New England primarily due to the Patriots' winning tradition and his rapport with head coach Bill Belichick, who will know just how to use the cornerback who has intercepted at least four passes in each of the past six seasons."

I'm not much of a Browns fan, but I do live in Cleveland and watch a lot of football.

I think it would be foolish for them to pass up Joe Thomas, the consensus best lineman in the draft, if he's still on the board when they pick.

After watching them a bit this season, maybe they should pick o-linemen with their first three picks...

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'm not much of a Browns fan, but I do live in Cleveland and watch a lot of football.

I think it would be foolish for them to pass up Joe Thomas, the consensus best lineman in the draft, if he's still on the board when they pick.

After watching them a bit this season, maybe they should pick o-linemen with their first three picks...

A good friend of mine is a Browns fan and occasional blogger on the state of the franchise. He agrees with you completely. I have some doubts, though, simply because Cleveland's QBs are all terrible, and they'll probably have an opportunity to take Quinn (or Russell, if Oakland ends up going for CJ). I hope that their management doesn't decide to pass on a QB simply because they think they'll be fired if 2007 goes badly, and they don't want to stake that on a rookie QB.

In any case, the worst thing that Cleveland could do is what most mock drafts have them doing-- taking Adrian Peterson.

Edited by Enoch

A good friend of mine is a Browns fan and occasional blogger on the state of the franchise. He agrees with you completely. I have some doubts, though, simply because Cleveland's QBs are all terrible, and they'll probably have an opportunity to take Quinn (or Russell, if Oakland ends up going for CJ). I hope that their management doesn't decide to pass on a QB simply because they think they'll be fired if 2007 goes badly, and they don't want to stake that on a rookie QB.

In any case, the worst thing that Cleveland could do is what most mock drafts have them doing-- taking Adrian Peterson.

Your buddy's got some good points... and he actually has one of my co-workers on his blogroll. Small world.

I agree Peterson isn't a good choice... too many good backs have come out of later rounds. Plus, AP is a big injury risk, and the last thing the Browns need is another top pick who spends more time in the trainer's room than on the field.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The Browns get both QB Brady Quinn and T Joe Thomas. It looks good for them so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Green threw for 4,000 yards in three consecutive seasons before this last one. This might be a very good pickup for Miami. Sure, it's tough because he's 36, but one bad season doesn't necessarilly mean he's out to pasture.