I miss the old days.

Blank

Remember back in the day when the forums were abuzz with zingers and interesting threads? Pixies still wore diapers, but he was funny then too. There was all that Star Wars art that usually ended up with people insulting each other, but they'd just start a new art thread and people were happy. Ender was still around, but he was just some other forum regular to me, since I wasn't brave enough at that point to venture out of WoT or the K2 forums. Commissar would often talk intelligently about politics and sometimes poke his nose into other things. Shadowstrider and Kaftan Barlast were neato mods. Llyranor and Nick_i_am's antics knew no end. Krookie was KotorKyle, Dark Moth was Mothman, Battlewookie was Wookiecookie. Jags spammed occasionally and at random, always classics. TOMBS was alive with prose and statistics. Baley posted more, DL still frequented. Indeed, there were only 5 of us, and the rest were just our alts, but those were the good old days.

Those were probably the good ol days but teh golden days were pre-kotor 2 era with so much flaming and fighting and no modz what so ever (maybe akari but thats it). I was teh most hated on teh boardz.. even jags hated me and called me bollokshi and i tell him to stfu. Jim was Eru and there was this hot lesbian poster and me and jim used to kiss her a$$$$$$$$ but I think it was actually a man.

Edited by Bokishi

yeah...stay out and stfu n00bz

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I was the best mod evarh!! :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well don't look at me. I'm still a forlock tugging noob.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Man, this was the first forum I've been too that avoided vet nostalgia, and I wanted to keep it that way. It always leads to arrogance and shutting-out of newbies.

nothing wrong with remembering old members who don't frequent here anymore. As long, as you mentioned, that it doesn't turn into a "us vs them" kinda nostalgic thread.

Fortune favors the bald.

Pfft, bow to my superior user number.

Except I disappear all the time and lack that zany personality to enter the hall of the vets, but ah well.

Two years from now. He is using tachyons to necropost.

:blink:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I remember when every other post on the board involved unkillable christians, or werewolves ringing his door bell.

The time Dark Raven warned Gabs (her other account) was quite funny too.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I remember when every other post on the board involved unkillable christians, or werewolves ringing his door bell.

The time Dark Raven warned Gabs (her other account) was quite funny too.

:blink:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This thread cracks me up. Good old days indeed.

My good old days were before the internet went global. Back when you'd dial into a BBS to play games, download files, or whatever. We had one in town that featured several multiplayer games, and it was a blast to play because you actually knew the people you were playing/chatting with. We'd often meet for coffee or a movie or to hang out at so-and-so's place on a Saturday. Good times. Nowadays everyone's a white sheet, guys could be women and vice-versa, and you can't really trust anyone. Some still take chances with arranged meetings, but it's not something I'm into anymore.

At least I still have the local folks to hang out with. The internet went global, but we didn't.

I remember when Baley was just spamming wierd posts all the time - and how confused I was when he suddenly started making sense. :blink:

Yeah, he could barely form a complete sentence in English, but still he just had to let everyone know his every thought. in every thread on the entire board.. for every second of his day. He kept that going for probably two or three months and gained over 3000+ posts in that short amount of time. It almost drove me mad. At least I know it drove me away from here because I just couldn't stand his gibberish.

Then he suddenly turned into the pseudo-intellectual he is (trying to be) today. Not sure which version I prefer, to be honest.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!