The Music Thread

LadyCrimson

The Beatles - Wait

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Best song on the A-side. Hands down.

I'm listening to some weird obscure cavern ambient I found while browsing my cds.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Carlos Paredes - Verdes Anos

Heja Sverige!!

Todd Snider - Peace, Love and Anarchy

dude, where did you get this from? I had heard about it, and I even have an autograph promoting it, but havent seen it at all...

The False Husband- Isobel Cambell and Mark Lanegan

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

Todd Snider - Peace, Love and Anarchy

dude, where did you get this from? I had heard about it, and I even have an autograph promoting it, but havent seen it at all...

The False Husband- Isobel Cambell and Mark Lanegan

Haha, actually my dad burned it for me. I don't know where he got it, but it's for sale at Amazon.com.

I listened to it a few days this week driving to and from work... it's got some really cool stuff for a B-sides and rarities disc. It's got a cool version of "Nashville," a great gospel tune called "I Will Not Go Hungry" and a instant live favorite called "Combover Blues." It's also got the title track from East Nashville Skyline... the one that didn't make the album.

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I picked up 'John Fogerty: The Long Road Home' from my local independant music retailer today. One cd. Twenty five songs. And it's a mixture of his better solo work and Creedence tunes. It gets major props for having The Old Man Down The Road, yet loses points for not having 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' .

John Fogerty - Hey Tonight (live)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I picked up 'John Fogerty: The Long Road Home' from my local independant music retailer today. One cd. Twenty five songs. And it's a mixture of his better solo work and Creedence tunes. It gets major props for having The Old Man Down The Road, yet loses points for not having 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' .

John Fogerty - Hey Tonight (live)

Put me in coach! [guitar fill] I'm ready to play!

The Broken Family Band - Walking Back to Jesus, part II

Tenhi - V

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

1979- Smashing Pumpkins

thanks for the link DD, I'm gonna go ahead and take advantage of that deal they have for the live cd and peace, love and anarchy

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

1979- Smashing Pumpkins

thanks for the link DD, I'm gonna go ahead and take advantage of that deal they have for the live cd and peace, love and anarchy

Lemme know how that live CD turns out. It's got my favorite songs from The Devil You Know on it.

I've got that live CD he put out a few years ago. That's a great one for me, because he plays a lot of his best songs from his early albums -- the ones I don't have.

Todd Snider - D.B. Cooper

Listened to most of disc 2 of the White Album on the way to work today. I skipped "Birthday," and it was just getting to "Revolution 9" when I walked in the door.

I always get a bout of nostalgia when I hear "Mother Nature's Son." At my grandparents' house, when I was little, there was some kind of toy that played a song I did not recognize at the time, but I remember very vividly trying to figure out what song it was. "Mother Nature's Son" was my closest guess (the White Album was in my parents' record collection, and they played it enough that I knew all the songs pretty well), but I knew it wasn't quite right. I later learned that the song was, oddly enough, the Coca-Cola jingle ("I'd like to teach the world to sing, in per-fect har-mo-ny...").

Ah, I love that song. Thanks for the suggestion.

Beatles- Mother Nature's Boy

I think what I least enjoy about working with teenagers is their musical taste. For instance, all-around weirdo Roy, who is seventeen, likes such generic pop-punk bands as Fall Out Boy, but says he dislikes the Beatles because "all they ever sang about was love". I cried a little inside.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Black Sabbath - Iron Man

Heja Sverige!!

The Clash - Wrong 'Em Boyo

Heja Sverige!!

Ah, I love that song. Thanks for the suggestion.

Beatles- Mother Nature's Boy

I think what I least enjoy about working with teenagers is their musical taste. For instance, all-around weirdo Roy, who is seventeen, likes such generic pop-punk bands as Fall Out Boy, but says he dislikes the Beatles because "all they ever sang about was love". I cried a little inside.

Sadly this is true of most teenagers, a group I am still part of, much to my dismay.

Mark Lanegan - Wish You Well