The Music Thread

LadyCrimson

Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy - Satanic Verses; Michael Franti is perhaps the worst rapper I've ever heard, he just blathers banalities on and on in this unbelievably boring monotone, like, his stuff might be bearable if he actually had a pleasing voice, but as things are... uh, it baffles me how often this album finds its way onto best-of lists.

Also, so as to link this post with my previous one - up! up! up! - they too covered California Uber Alles. If I remember correctly, it was the worst song on that Virus 100 tribute album compilation (NoMeansnNo's a capella rendition of Forward To Death shone brightest, I believe, but - really - there were a lot of decent attempts).

Very interesting. I had wondered what Jello Biafra had been up to these days. And if there ever was a link not to click, that was it, Kor.

Wussy - Retarded

Rippin' cover of an old Afghan Whigs tune. It had better be on the upcoming tribute album, which I am eagerly awaiting (along with like, ten other people).

you're never alone

with your jones...

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Very interesting. I had wondered what Jello Biafra had been up to these days.
Yeah, so I uploaded it; the album itself, Sieg Howdy, is fairly solid. He even kvetches the re-formed DK.

And talking about disses,

Eminem - Bully; now - I know - with a few exceptions Hip-Hop diss tracks are intrepidly retarded and juvenile (and Eminem himself isn't exactly a symbol of maturity), but this ain't isn't bad (good thing he dropped the angst). Still: the chorus, for one, is comfortingly awful, and the beat is merely okay. The first verse, though... well, I really like it.

ETOS - Upon the moors

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Modest Mouse- Little Motel

I ordered some band shirts, today. Modest Mouse, Twilight Singers, Pink Floyd, and R.E.M...I felt it was a good selection.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Sonic Youth - 100%

I've owned far too many rock shirts in my day. I think the first one I had was a baseball sleeve tshirt with Twisted Sister or Motley Crue. My Death To The Pixies shirt is going to be twenty soon. Ouch.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I had wondered what Jello Biafra had been up to these days.

other than being a mayor of a small town, making records and running a succesful record label?

He does regular spoken word gigs in my town, which ain't far from his hometown of Boulder.

New Lard record out here soon, too, hopefully.

I had wondered what Jello Biafra had been up to these days.

other than being a mayor of a small town, making records and running a succesful record label?

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure he's "busy." But where's my Prairie Home Invasion follow up? Get to work!

Seriously, though... he got elected somewhere? I remember him running for mayor of San Francisco years and years ago, but it was mostly a joke.

And it's good to see that AT is still signing interesting bands...

BLOODHAG

Hell Bent for Letters

Formed in 1995 to stimulate a communion between literacy and punk/metal, BloodHag created the genre of Edu-core and operate under the motto "The faster you go deaf, the more time you have to read!" BloodHag's minute-long songs have the common theme of esteemed authors such as George Orwell and Philip K. ****, while the music roars along with the blunt force of bands like Brujeria, Pantera, and Sepultura. Their live shows include between-song mini-lectures and the ceremonial pelting of the unsuspecting audience with books! Brand New!

virus357 (2006) LP - $9.00 | CD - $12.00

Wilco - Passenger Side

Hey, wake up, your eyes weren't open wide

For the last couple of miles you've been swerving from side to side

You're gonna make me spill my beer,

If you don't learn how to steer

Passenger side, passenger side,

I don't like riding on the passenger side

Roll another number for the road

You're the only sober person I know

Won't you let me make you a deal,

Just get behind the wheel

Should've been the driver, could've been the one

I should've been your lover, but I hadn't seen...

Can you take me to the store, and then the bank?

I've got five dollars we can put in the tank

I've got a court date coming this June

I'll be driving soon

Tonight was a good night for oldies/classic rawk at the booze barn. Not only did I get to hear the Pretenders 'Middle Of The Road', AC/DC's 'Back In Black', Badfingers 'Come And Get It' and the Northern Pikes 'Teenland', I also was fortunate enough to have no customers in the store when the opening chords to 'Roxanne' by the Police came on. Luckily the remote for the stereo wasn't far, so before Sting could belt out the first word it was turned up far beyond what management would consider acceptable levels. Good thing they weren't there. :deadhorse:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

In my convenience store (Town Pantry; B.C's finest), we're all allowed to play whatever station we wish as long as it's "customer friendly". Usually turned into Rock 101, for me, and every customer I get seems to enjoy whatever song is on currently. Pink Floyd weekend=the awesome.

Zappa- Willie the Pimp

incredible musician.

Edit: Any leftover guilt I felt about not buying Modest Mouse tickets when I could have is completely washed away as I just learned that the legendary and personally worshiped Jethro Tull are coming to my area this September. Not only is this incredible for me, as I love them, but Draken Senior is also a huge fan. Me and the pops seeing Jethro Tull live could quite possibly be the most Field-of-Dreams-moment we could ever experience.

Edited by Draken

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body